The Movie Thread

Code 8:

Better than its IMDb score by at least a point or two. Its basically X-Men without the budget and in a grimmer world. No good guys, just shades of bad and desperate. Don’t expect A-list FX, they’re not coming. Good fun.

Wildlife:

Honestly pretty okay, cool look into a retro 60s with heavy character drama.

Worth a watch.

I like spike lee movies…

Do the right thing
Jungle fever

I’m not sure if this is a spike lee movie…
But I like whitemen cant jump.

The black panther…shame about Chadwick boseman…

Aye. The film was a hoot.

Apparently during filming the rest of the cast referred to Martin Freeman and Andy Serkis as “the Tolkien white guys” :smiley:

The dc animated movies are way better than the live action films imo.

The some of the justice league ones are pretty good storywise and in terms of animation are good.

Some weekend/Halloween viewing:

Killer Klowns from Outer Space: 8/10 - iconic classic.
Scream 2: 6/10 - eh, its fine. not nearly as brilliant as the first but expected and shamelessly 4th wall
The Forgotten: 6/10 - not as good as I remember in 2004, but pretty intriguing

good reviews and a good read. :beers: @moodorf

Child’s Play 2019 was surprisingly watchable, although forgettable. I’m just glad they didn’t try to remake the Dourif classic. (demonic / possession type shit)

Barbie is scary as hell man, and I won’t hear otherwise. It’s been a solid decade since I saw Poltergiest, and all I know now is that it’s my favorite horror movie of all time, which is saying something because I hate horror movies and it’s going up against Alien (none of the sequels though, only the first one) as one of the only horror movies I’ll watch.

House is a laugh and has a sequel with one of the best bad puns in its title ever :smiley:

moar shit:

Death Becomes Her - 8/10 - I’ve been on a Zemeckis kick lately IDK why, always quality writing in his flicks.

An American Werewolf in London - 10/10 - hadn’t seen this Landis classic in a long time, it still holds up as the best the werewolf genre has to offer. OG

Mandy - 11/10 - Probably the 7th or 8th time I’ve seen it, still blows me away. I really hope Cosmatos makes another picture.

IT and IT Chapter Two : 6.5/10 - I originally liked the first one better. I think the step down of quality in the sequel not only from a film standpoint, but just story in general, brings the first down a peg. I’ve read the book and seen the OG miniseries a bunch, I simply think the latter half of IT is just inferior in concept even. The awful overuse of CGI in the Muschietti films is disappointing. I don’t think I’ll revisit them unless a quality single-extended cut comes out like they’ve hinted.

Strong chance Lego have nailed it once again:

Justice league dark apokolips war…

Most brutal dcu animated film ive ever seen.

I still cant believe that wonder women gets her arm ripped off by doomsday/parademon hybrids…

Also constantine…

And trigon possesses superman.

But tbh it’s like this movie sorta ripped off avengers endgame…

Still solid though…bleak as fuck though.

Planet of the apes…I appreciate it more nowadays

Also it is great movie because of philosophical innuendo about societies, clash of civilization…and modern political strife…

So yea if I were to make my obligatory manifesto on idmf…it would be summarized by the planet of the apes movies…mostly because of the philosophy I see in those movies.

This was fuckin’ perfection. easily my picture of the year, lots of Cosmotos/Kubrick worship. Excellent!!

This is one torch that needs to be carried!

Mads mikkelson movies…thoughts, anyone?

Valhalla Rising was kinda cool. He did a good job having presence without much dialogue. It was like a moody version of fury road in that sense.

I like fury road…I hear great things about Valhalla but idk I’ll force myself to watch it…cause why not.

Movie adaptations of plays…

Old plays reworked into being set in modern times…fail

Plays that stick to the original script, miles better than modern reimaginings.

2000 hamlet…nope

The only modern take on a play that I did like was
Joss whedon’s “much ado about nothing”…

Nathan fillon and Amy Acker, so much win.