Books, Sources, Links - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 24-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #41
Xenon
IDMf Artist
Xenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond repute
Gangster's Paradise
MC Status: 4160
Re: Books, Sources, Links

Two interesting books I got at the varsity:

>Acoustics and Psychoacoustics. By David Howard and Jamie Angus. ISBN: 978-0-240-52175-6
A really interesting read delving deep into the fundamentals of sound; explaining in detail from how we physically hear sound and how we perceive it and how sound is generated by different instruments and how to model them.

Music Technology Workbook. By Paul Middleton and Steven Gurevitz. ISBN: 978-0-240-51970-8
This book basically explain DAW's and treat some of the major Brands. It also goes into the technicalities of recording and mixing etc. I suppose there's a CD coming with the hard copy of the book.

Advertisements

------------------
Just started a new movement. I call it Xenon-phobia...
Xenon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #42
Coins
Microknight
Coins is a splendid one to beholdCoins is a splendid one to beholdCoins is a splendid one to beholdCoins is a splendid one to beholdCoins is a splendid one to beholdCoins is a splendid one to behold
Toronto
MC Status: 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfoot View Post
Damn, what a great resource.

I'm gonna read every book mentioned in this thread. I just finished Bob Katz's book and it was amazing, I learned so much from it. Next up: Dance music manual by Rick Snoman.
Funny. I read Bob Katz' book years ago, and I really hated it. It jumped from "This is a compressor" to "these are the mathematical logarithmic formulas for calculating the phasing coefficient of your spectral frequency" (or whatever) with very little information on how to actually "master" (which I realized after I finished isn't really what the book is about). I also felt like it was just a platform to rant about his hatred of the loudness wars, and his stupid K-system standard that he's pushing.

I guess I just felt irritated because it was a really expensive book, and I already understood the simple stuff, and the crazy mathematical stuff was way over my head. (I went to Art College!)
I think I gave it to someone because looking at it pissed me off so much.
However, I'm glad someone got some use out of it.

------------------

Download the FREE Coins EP
http://coinsmakeyoudance.bandcamp.com
Coins is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #43
glideros
Analog Lurker
glideros has a brilliant futureglideros has a brilliant futureglideros has a brilliant futureglideros has a brilliant futureglideros has a brilliant futureglideros has a brilliant futureglideros has a brilliant futureglideros has a brilliant futureglideros has a brilliant futureglideros has a brilliant futureglideros has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1560

4 free audio guides by izotope
These 4 guides are freely available on the izotope website, I just collected them into one archive. They are:

Dithering with Ozone
Audio Repair
Mastering with Ozone
Mixing Guide

They are not completely specific to their products, so you can pick up the principles and apply them with whatever you use.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
glideros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:10 AM   #44
noxae
Granular Poster
noxae has a spectacular aura aboutnoxae has a spectacular aura aboutnoxae has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse490s/11au/Readings/SynthesisChapt5b.pdf
noxae is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2015, 01:45 AM   #45
JohnnyRocket
Regular Freak
JohnnyRocket will become famous soon enough
San Francisco
MC Status: 60

Helpful info for a newbie!
JohnnyRocket is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #46
deebau
Learning The Ropes
deebau is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hey there.
Can anybody recommend a book related modern dance music/trance/BigRoom kinda book i am trying to find one for long time,but i cant find something eye catching,help plz
deebau is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #47
Buzz BassDesign
Minor Glitch
Buzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I think one of the biggest barriers of making a track are mindsets, so self development books also helps a lot.
I recommend The Confidence Gap by Russ Harris, really good book to help out when u are feeling lazy, lack of inspiration and not being capable of doing it.
Buzz BassDesign is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #48
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53741005
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,627 Posts

I found this: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

A pdf of all the original magazine articles, which are laid out much more nicely than the online versions.

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:31 PM   #49
Brookside_Chase
Minor Glitch
Brookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of lightBrookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of lightBrookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of lightBrookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of lightBrookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of lightBrookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

I cannot post links yet, but Groove3 (groove3.com) has great tutorials on sound production, mixing, and certain vst instruments.

Advertisements

Brookside_Chase is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote