the ressurrection of IDMf Radio? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 20-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #81
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269481008
Thanked 3,148 Times in 2,082 Posts
Re: the ressurrection of IDMf Radio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
P.S. Loved what you did for us on the previous IDMF Radio shows.
I don't think I did anything for it, did I?

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #82
Benwaa

my current thinking on this is there just isn't enough of us here wanting or able to to this to sustain what's needed. If things appear to change in the future then we'll reconsider for sure
At the moment i suggest looking at this thread instead: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by lolirl; 20-05-2014 at 04:10 PM..
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
PROton42 (20-05-2014)
Old 20-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #83
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 34650
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
my current thinking on this is there just isn't enough of us here wanting or able to to this to sustain what's needed.
Indeed there really isn't a lot of interest for it. There's a lot of people interested in showing interest but they're just not interesting enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
I don't think I did anything for it, did I?
Umm... Pretty sure you did some live machine electronics? It was pretty simple stuff (drum machine programming) but it was on the air and you were definitely doing something live, creative and original; the kind of thing we were hoping for more of in the past when we did this (you know, *cough* forum full of electronic musicians). Seriously, even though it was just some beat plonking on a drum machine and just a "test stream" or whatever, I still dug it. I still wanted more, but it only happened the once...

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #84
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269481008
Thanked 3,148 Times in 2,082 Posts

I did something, but it was an unofficial one.
I did have fun though, try to build a loop from zero, live.
If I would do it again I would plug in the bass guitar and the synth, build a loop and take it from there.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #85
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
I did something, but it was an unofficial one.
Well, honestly what's official and what's not? You were on the air, people could have tuned in and listened, that's about as official as it gets.

------------------
Old 20-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #86
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts

So...what were we missing commitment wise? Someone to organize things? Not enough interest to fill time slots?

I had been waiting to come back to the thread and ask what's up, but I didn't want to seem like I was nagging...

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #87
PROton42
IDMf Artist

Nah, not nagging imho
(kind of an important topic to me)

Honestly all of the above I think, but I can't say how many PM's Benwaa got from people recently about it. I know for sure I sent one to him though.

So, there's the one!

EDIT: Put it this way: It'd be nice to have more than two people organizing it, it'd be nice to have more than two people streaming, it'd be nice to have more than two people listening.

------------------
Thanks to PROton42
relic (20-05-2014)
Old 20-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #88
Benwaa

not enough interest to fill time slots. it's the same as last time, just not enough people who want to or can commit and also put the effort in to helping grow a listener base. crazy in reality as there's so many members on here that are active. but then i also guess it's not everyone's thing never thought it would be small a number though from such a forum community as idmf
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #89
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts

Thanks Benwaa and Boretron, fully understood. I missed the posts about the Skype meeting : (

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 03:18 AM   #90
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199649168
Thanked 4,998 Times in 3,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I can't say how many PM's Benwaa got from people recently about it. I know for sure I sent one to him though.

So, there's the one!
As did I so make that two Boretron.

So I take it the skype meeting never went down?

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 04:18 AM   #91
PROton42
IDMf Artist

Nope. If those of us who sent interest in streaming didn't get a PM back, then not yet.
There's always still a chance for people to present interest. As long as this thread is around and active and people see it. Maybe one day in the future there will be enough.

------------------
Thanks to PROton42
RFJ (21-05-2014)
Old 21-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #92
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744043891
Thanked 7,529 Times in 4,657 Posts

I showed interest too, and came up with a way of filling the space by basically just continually rolling a combination of "shows" and IDMf label material on a loop.

You know you can use this free app called [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
to mix any audio you're playing into your Skype call?
Anyone could do that whenever they want tbh.
Get on it would be DJ's.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #93
Benwaa

In total I got three pms of interest. Boretron couldn't commit at the time so that left a possible two, the ustream thing is the way I'd do it for sure as it's far too easy to not fuck it up. From experience a non live playlist generally just doesn't attract listeners to such a small and unestablished stream. So it's kind of a double edged sword in that live shows are what's needed yet so is maintaining a constant steam. Whilst I can commit a certain amount I time to steaming pre recorded stuff I obviously also need to be able to use my bandwidth for other stuff too

Also it's a lot to ask to possibly train people to do it only to find they give up after a week or just can't commit as they said they would
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #94
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Yeah, I don't think anyone's disagreeing with you Ben.
I'm just suggesting that anyone who's still interested could essentially use Skype like the old CB radio and play their own shows whenever they like to anyone who has their contact.

If we were really sorted we'd have a dedicated server to stream this from, paid for by donations but I'm guessing that's not likely?
Perhaps we could hit Stu up for some space?
Old 21-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #95
Benwaa

The cost of a dedicated shoutcast sever I've looked into and tbh whilst it's like only 7/8 quid a month for a 128kbps package it's not cost effective or financially viable really unless there's a dedicated listener base. if we could build it up to a certain size first I'd certainly commit to investing in that.
So yeah, whilst I'm not gonna write this off completely, more interest needs to be sorted out firstly
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
PROton42 (21-05-2014)
Old 21-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #96
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt

Old 25-05-2014, 02:25 AM   #97
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
on uranus looking for klingons!
MC Status: 329128500
Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
The cost of a dedicated shoutcast sever I've looked into and tbh whilst it's like only 7/8 quid a month for a 128kbps package it's not cost effective or financially viable really unless there's a dedicated listener base. if we could build it up to a certain size first I'd certainly commit to investing in that.
So yeah, whilst I'm not gonna write this off completely, more interest needs to be sorted out firstly
hmmmmm, canihelp?

Advertisements

------------------
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote