[progressive house] Pkreegi - Cats in Orbit - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 18-06-2018, 02:12 AM   #21
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11499004
Thanked 1,231 Times in 897 Posts
Re: [progressive house] Pkreegi - Cats in Orbit

I didn't know tracks could experience psychological effects... o_0;

I'm not really sure what you're asking... so... I'm just gonna review this.

I like the effects and synths and everything, it's pretty chill and seems to blend well into this interesting kinda groovy spacy vibe. I think that mid-register synth in the last section could use something... it sounds sorta dry and kinda... boxy, or idk. something just sounds kinda plain about it, but it's not like a glaring plainness, just a sort of touch.

I think this is pretty groovy, could go on a chill-out sorta playlist or something.

I don't know what you are asking, but perhaps this helps? idk cool vibes yo

Advertisements

------------------
"I imagine for something like that you'd need a rather large number of microphones"
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
Even Unregistered can compete in the latest BEAT BATTLE!!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #22
Cardinal
Granular Poster
Cardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

I agree with pretty much what everyone else has said. Love the chill vibe, but a little bit boring. Add a couple more layers as the track progresses and you're good to go. Maybe some varying melodies with the layers, we'll see how it sounds when you add the guitars
Cardinal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 04:33 PM   #23
leegendmusic
Minor Glitch
leegendmusic has a spectacular aura aboutleegendmusic has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

a bit slow in the beginning, i was expecting a hard drop around the 1 minute mark like usual progressive house tracks, when it did drop to the chorus at 1:30 i felt like it was just a very basic thump thump more towards a deepish house track?
leegendmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 07:14 AM   #24
d3b
Knob Twiddler
d3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MCd3b is a savage MC
MC Status: 118464

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkreegi View Post
Hey there again...

I've been getting so much negative feedback on this particular track. The truth is, it got inspiration from some quite unpopular artists, who I find very talented... So it carrys Superpitcher's touch, some sort of, but...

Tell me, is it really that bad ? I'm not fishing for compliments, but rather would like to know the psychological effect that producers have on their own tracks

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

i like your synth in the intro man, nice reverb echoing happening in the background

i like the simple movement in this, the introduction of the kick at 1,30 brings a cosy syncopation into the mix

the elements coming through leading to the drop at 3.00 sound like a clash build of sound, not in a bad way - it's, to me, a minimalism style on its own - it doesn't create that build hype like you hear in some progressive tracks but is still a nice movement throughout regardless.

i wouldn't be disappointed in this, its a decent track
d3b is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 06:54 AM   #25
E-Fence
Granular Poster
E-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110

It's not that bad... but it has problems. The energy flow is odd. It sounds like you wanted a progressive flow to the energy but as it builds it is also kind of releasing at the same time so there is no climax.
E-Fence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 11:29 PM   #26
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8584080
Thanked 7,863 Times in 5,531 Posts

I dig it. I'm not a huuuge fan of whatever the basis of the piano is, it sounds a little flat/stiff to me. I know good piano = $$$ usually in software, but its kind of plinky and I want something a bit fuller.

It looks as if people have commented on the pacing. Its a bit laid back, which puts it in a weird space. I like to play some 90-100bpm stuff at the beginning of a set sometimes, but overall I think if the tempo were higher it would match the texture of the sounds in the track a bit better if that makes sense?

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #27
leegendmusic
Minor Glitch
leegendmusic has a spectacular aura aboutleegendmusic has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

definitely different but i wouldn't really call this progressive house. There is creativity but feels very repetitive, try making certain parts shorter to keep the listener entertained.

Advertisements

leegendmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote