Seismic Theory (My New Drum & Bass Label)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Non-IDMf Projects Tell us about your Non-IDMf music-based projects here. You can promote you or your label's releases, remix contests, music blogs, podcasts, radio shows and live events here. Try to add more than just spam. This is a place to involve IDMf in your projects, not just promote them.

Old 20-06-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 7460
Icon14 Seismic Theory (My New Drum & Bass Label)

Hey all,

Over the last 5 or 6 months I've been slowly putting together a small Drum and Bass focused record label with a couple of friends and now we're at the stage to start spreading the word around. The label is known as Seismic Theory and is primarily a digital label, however we're in the process of getting some super small vinyl cut run of our first release very shortly.

We have a fully working site now too which is coming along quite nicely after an absolute age of constructing and tweaking. It's looking alright though now.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

So regarding our first release, I've been wanting to post information on this for a while now. It's called the "Hypersleep EP" and features both ourselves with collaborative efforts from Mavamatics in addition to vocal collab work with Manchester based MC Longman who's part of North Base (if anyone's familiar with that DnB group)

Here's a showcase sample preview of the tracks on the EP.

The track list is as follows.

1. Optimal Prime & Mavamatics - Hypnosis feat. Mc Longman
2. Optimal Prime & Mavamatics - Hypnosis (Original)
3. Optimal Prime - Escape Plan
4. Mavamatics - Existence feat. Mc Longman

The EP is officially due out on 6th July in all stores but will be out on Beatport as an exclusive this Friday 22nd July.

Advertisements

------------------
Optimal Prime & Mavamatics - Hypnosis feat. Mc Longman [Seismic Theory]

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Optimal Prime
relic (20-06-2018)
Old 20-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: Seismic Theory (My New Drum & Bass Label)

Fantastic. Cheers guys! I know it is a ton of work. Glad to see ya'll taking it to the next level.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Optimal Prime (20-06-2018)
Old 20-06-2018, 10:18 PM   #3
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester

Yeah it's a lot of work but I love the fact that we have our own platform now to start pushing out our tracks on and get them out officially. We're currently using Cygnus as our distributor and this one's specifcally run by people within the DnB scene, so they have promo packages specifically set up to get our promos to the right people before a release. Not expecting much from it, but with three of us supporting the costings, it makes it a lot cheaper to handle.

I'm especially excited to get these vinyls, however they are taking forever to come through because the guy is slow as fuck but then he's the only person who can do em for us at the low price of 12 a vinyl. That's just a little novelty thing to create a bit more interest, but it would be cool to do this sort of thing more often. We've got stickers made up and have been posting them about in randomly places in the street haha.

Hopefully we'll get some more artists on the label in the future too. A friend of ours signed to Terabyte is working on an EP for us right now and he's amazing at what he puts out there.

------------------

Old 22-06-2018, 05:16 PM   #4
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Greater Manchester

Just uploaded the EP so our page today. It's also out on Beatport today exclusively for 2 weeks before the full launch.

------------------

Thanks to Optimal Prime
relic (22-06-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #5
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42408249
Thanked 5,485 Times in 3,565 Posts

Good luck with the label matey, I hope it goes really well

------------------
IDMf050: Its coming home.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
Optimal Prime (04-07-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #6
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Greater Manchester

Well the EP is officially out in all stores today for the price of a pint. In fact it's cheapest on Juno at about 2.50 for all 4 tracks. That's like half the price it is on Beatport. I don't make the prices up but yeah, it's out.

Still waiting for the bloody vinyls though annoyingly.

------------------

Old 06-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #7
Roo Stercogburn
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback

Bought the lossless version which only costs slightly more but tbh base MP3s are wank anyway

------------------
Optimal Prime (06-07-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 09:59 PM   #8
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Greater Manchester

Awww nice thanks Roo. I personally don't mind MP3's but as long as they're 320kpbs, although it is annoying to think that when you put a mix together and feature tracks in the having played an mp3, you then convert the mix to an MP3 again, then when it goes up on Soundcloud, they in turn convert it again to 128 or something.

------------------

Old 07-07-2018, 11:42 PM   #9
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

You poured sweat and love into it. Fuck buying the shit version

------------------
Optimal Prime (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 12:01 AM   #10
MFXxx
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1843877

Nice move - purchased via Juno in the end. 4.99

Just to let you know Beatport is doing something squiffy.

All 4 tracks are 5.20. Goto checkout shows as 8.20 and then adds vat so total is 9.84.

Got a couple of screen shots if you need them.

Regardless - happy to support and great work.

Please pop me in the list for vinyl if and when available

Last edited by MFXxx; 08-07-2018 at 12:09 AM..

------------------
My Tinkerings
https://hearthis.at/mystafx/
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Not forgetting the awesome Beat Battle Subs
https://hearthis.at/mfxxx/
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:53 PM   #11
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Greater Manchester

Hey MFX thanks very much. What I'll do is try and get this to Cygnus (our distributor) as that sounds highly annoying. If you could then please do send me those. I'll keep you updated on this vinyl run. Quite a few people are after these and we wanted to get a second small run, but the guy is really not giving us any faith in his competence at all. I'm worried we won't even see them at all at this point, however there was a guy who dealt with him before us and told me he did pull through but it took 4 months, and that he has health issues.

Also MFX, did you get the wav's over at Juno? I'm guessing that's why it was 4.99.

------------------

Old 08-07-2018, 04:10 PM   #12
MFXxx
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1843877

Hey bud. Yes was each. No point in mp3s unless it's free so prefer to pay for quality.
I'll keep the pics. Screens hot if u like pm me your email and I'll drop them over to you later tonight when kids asleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal Prime View Post
Hey MFX thanks very much. What I'll do is try and get this to Cygnus (our distributor) as that sounds highly annoying. If you could then please do send me those. I'll keep you updated on this vinyl run. Quite a few people are after these and we wanted to get a second small run, but the guy is really not giving us any faith in his competence at all. I'm worried we won't even see them at all at this point, however there was a guy who dealt with him before us and told me he did pull through but it took 4 months, and that he has health issues.

Also MFX, did you get the wav's over at Juno? I'm guessing that's why it was 4.99.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
My Tinkerings
https://hearthis.at/mystafx/
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Not forgetting the awesome Beat Battle Subs
https://hearthis.at/mfxxx/
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
Optimal Prime (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #13
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Greater Manchester

Meanwhile in Austria, our man Mc Longman is repping the new release/label and Mainframe last night.

By the way, how is the proper way to embed a Youtube video?

Last edited by Roo Stercogburn; 08-07-2018 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: Sorted video embedding :)

------------------

Old 08-07-2018, 04:24 PM   #14
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

There you go matey

------------------
Old 08-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #15
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Greater Manchester

Ah cheers for that Roo. I'll pm you now.

Advertisements

------------------