effects we dont know about - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:47 PM   #41
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9560
Re: effects we dont know about

Thanks, glad you like my track!

Btw., the Unfiltered Audio stuff is on sale right now at Plugin Alliance in case someone wants to spend some money ^^

Advertisements

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:37 PM   #42
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute

Two of the three spectral effects that have been announced have been released already - both are a little bit on the expensive side, though:

Eventide Structural Effects Fission - splits transient and tonal parts of a signal and allows for separate pitch-shifting, EQing and other effects. Very handy as a mixing tool for nearly everything from subtle manipulations to complete drum-reshaping and other stuff. Especially nice for drums, vocals and effect sounds in a mixing context imho.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Zynaptiq Wormhole - a tool for pitch and frequency shifting and spectral-warping that has the nice advantage of integrating a morph function (a simplified version of Zynpatiq Morph) between wet and dry version instead of a simple crossover fader. I heard some good and some bad things about the quality of the new pitch- and frequency-shifting algorithm, I personally think it does the job well but it may not be the best tool if you are looking for a simple pitchshifter. Instead, it is really good for harder transformation of voices and other signals and then morphing between wet and dry versions. Also, it is great for crazy modulated spectral manipulations, but Zynpatiq does not provide any modulation options inside of the plugin so you have to use your DAW for that. If you are shopping for spectral tools but want internal modulation I would recommend waiting for Unfiltered Audio SpecOps, since their products always have a great modulation system.

Last edited by Metaside; 13-04-2017 at 04:01 PM..

------------------
Thanks to Metaside
Parricide (14-04-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 09:40 PM   #43
Xinus
Analog Lurker
Xinus has a spectacular aura aboutXinus has a spectacular aura aboutXinus has a spectacular aura about
Copenhagen
MC Status: 210

Hey saw you were talking about SpecOps. I'm currently beta testing it and it is awesome! I made a demo video and track with it which you can find here:

------------------
Xinus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #44
localspace
Analog Lurker
localspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

I'm having a lot of fun with Scapes by twistedtools. It's a granular delay effect so that's nothing new, but it is to me and it packs a whole lot of options that make it really usable and playable.
It has step sequencer, can receive midi notes and there's 6 layers that can be incoming audio, loops, or oscillators which can then be manipulated individually with easy sliders. If you've ever used anything by twistedtools before, it should be familiar right away.
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #45
starphase
Minor Glitch
starphase has a spectacular aura aboutstarphase has a spectacular aura about
Palo, Leyte
MC Status: 160

Riding the faders also counts, right?

Though if we're talking about preset effects that are sometimes (or often times) stealthily used by producers: gates, specific EQ settings and multiband dynamics are probably up there.

Also Amps. I love distorting sounds with those.
starphase is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 10:31 PM   #46
Bluesh1ft
Sample Destroyer
Bluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond repute
In another world, usually
MC Status: 2710

Unfortunately, I think the answer is layering. But maybe someone could make some new effects that kinda layer different effects together. Introducing the Cave VST- reverb and physics modeling. The wideness of a cave and all those little plinka plonks you could hear inside a cave. All those juicy fruit splash epic caveness you hear in modern electronic music in one vst.
Bluesh1ft is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Bluesh1ft
Vault O))) (16-08-2017)
Old 16-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #47
Vault O)))
IDMF Resident Shitposter
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
In a van down by the river
MC Status: 62010
Thanked 1,240 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesh1ft View Post
Unfortunately, I think the answer is layering. But maybe someone could make some new effects that kinda layer different effects together.
That's where the DAW comes in. Plus, there are loads of experimental effects units that exist (niche guitar pedals are a great example of this) which essentially just blend multiple things together.

That's why Jesus made the macro knob, I think that's what I'm getting at.

------------------

Need a voice? It's free
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
degenerates like you belong on a cross
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
A.M (16-08-2017)
Old 16-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #48
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 211210
Thanked 4,224 Times in 3,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
That's where the DAW comes in. Plus, there are loads of experimental effects units that exist (niche guitar pedals are a great example of this) which essentially just blend multiple things together.

That's why Jesus made the macro knob, I think that's what I'm getting at.
I thought it was the other guy who made that..oh, shit..what's his name?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Vault O))) (16-08-2017)
Old 23-08-2017, 10:48 PM   #49
artificialmusic
IDMf's latest spammer
artificialmusic is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

using long effects chains and then recording to audio and repeating works well. modulating the effects in a musical way with each other like you would regular music notes will get you things you wouldn't expect, especially when used in large amounts. just put all your effects on one track and bada bing bada boom. f*** it!
artificialmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 12:21 AM   #50
Ardacris
Regular Freak
Ardacris is currently spamming hard
Hessen

I don't really know if this effect is known by a lot of people, i discovered it on accident:

Use an auto panner and pan the signal with a high frequency, eventually the frequency will become audible and add to the original. Very wierd effect, useful for Alien-like vocals or something similar.

Cheers
Ardacris is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #51
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18040219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardacris View Post
I don't really know if this effect is known by a lot of people, i discovered it on accident:

Use an auto panner and pan the signal with a high frequency, eventually the frequency will become audible and add to the original. Very wierd effect, useful for Alien-like vocals or something similar.

Cheers
amplitude modulation

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Parricide
Br/ainfu+ked (08-05-2018)
Old 31-08-2017, 12:54 AM   #52
Ardacris
Regular Freak
Ardacris is currently spamming hard
Hessen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
amplitude modulation
Well yeah, that's the basic principle behind it, i know.

But using it by panning something.. nothing i have ever seen/ consciously heard anywhere.

Am I wrong? I think the Crysis guys may have used it for the Suit-Voice^^
Ardacris is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:04 AM   #53
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18040219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardacris View Post
Well yeah, that's the basic principle behind it, i know.

But using it by panning something.. nothing i have ever seen/ consciously heard anywhere.

Am I wrong? I think the Crysis guys may have used it for the Suit-Voice^^
yea, you will get different results depending on your panning method, e.g. balance is just AM, but true panning will mix the L into the R and vice versa.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 09:24 AM   #54
Metaside
IDMf Artist

All the spectral tools I was talking about some months ago are out now: Fission, Wormhole and SpecOps. After testing all I would probably recommend SpecOps for most creative applications because of its flexibility and internal modulation system. Fission is a great mixing tool, especially fur drums, mixed beats and basically everything with transients but I don't use it much for sound design. Wormhole has a great sound but very limited flexibility and no internal modulation. A really nice bonus is the morph function to morph between wet and dry signals, though, awesome for sound design.

Also, there's a new 64bit version of the freeware DtBlkFx for all who want to do some spectral mangling for free :

Advertisements

------------------