pulled the trigger on Serum - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:32 PM   #61
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MC
MC Status: 10260
Re: pulled the trigger on Serum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholloway View Post
I have, of course, already tried simple fixes like increasing the envelope attack, as you mention. the clicks remain.
That surely sounds like a problem, but honestly, as a heavy Serum user I never had an issue like that that couldn't be fixed by increasing envelope attacks AND disabling the multiband compressor, which is pretty strong, like an OTT compressor...

Quote:
Also, if you do some forum searching (like at KVR) you'll find that I'm hardly the only person with this issue.
I couln't find any recent topic about this in the fairly active Xfer forums, which is where I would post about any problems with Xfer products - Steve Duda is generally very helpful and involved with the community...

Advertisements

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 01:15 AM   #62
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18050519
Thanked 1,010 Times in 762 Posts

Quote:
I have, of course, already tried simple fixes like increasing the envelope attack, as you mention. the clicks remain.

I'm a fairly veteran synth programmer, I've tried everything I can think of plus the things recommend in numerous YT videos about this problem; none of it has fixed the issue. Serum is the only synth in my large collection that causes this kind of problem for me. sure, many synths click when envelopes are at 0ms, I'm fully aware of this; serum will do it even when they aren't. Also, if you do some forum searching (like at KVR) you'll find that I'm hardly the only person with this issue. It's a known issue with Serum. I can't explain why some people don't have the issue; frankly I'm at a total loss with the whole situation, which is why I quit using Serum.

that sucks. have you got the latest version? maybe it is a bug?

i assume you considered the buffer route too. maybe you could upload a patch for others to try to see if they get the same problem. i dont own it but i would be willing to get the demo to try it.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 01:26 AM   #63
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MC
MC Status: 10260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
that sucks. have you got the latest version? maybe it is a bug?

i assume you considered the buffer route too. maybe you could upload a patch for others to try to see if they get the same problem. i dont own it but i would be willing to get the demo to try it.
Yeah, I would surely check the "click" patches out to see where the problem is coming from and if a potential issue might be fixed!

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Metaside
Parricide (13-10-2018)
Old 13-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #64
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42415649
Thanked 5,633 Times in 3,657 Posts

Not had any clicking problems with Serum. My money's on the CPU struggling at the current frequency. That's a complete guess I haven't even googled for symptoms and anything that has already been investigated but its where I'd start.

------------------
2nd Aug 2018, your audio dreams come true:

Its free, grab it, contribute if you like it. Then make some of your own and join in.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
A.M (13-10-2018)
Old 13-10-2018, 07:10 PM   #65
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217060
Thanked 4,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Stercogburn View Post
Not had any clicking problems with Serum. My money's on the CPU struggling at the current frequency. That's a complete guess I haven't even googled for symptoms and anything that has already been investigated but its where I'd start.
Yeah..what Roo said..plus, if you haven't already, take look at how your PC handles threading and how you DAW is set up to handle the same..that can sometimes lead to "clicking" in audio, if the settings are off..especially if you're using plugin that's heavy on the old CPU.

Personally had no such problems using Serum, though..so I can't say for sure either.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote