[Folktronica/Beats] Marquis De Morning - Manorano [Full-Length LP], 21.03.2018
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf's User Releases Post your official releases here. Works in progress and promo spam will be removed.

Old 22-03-2018, 02:49 PM   #1
StampedeMe
His Free Pass Has Expired
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 5511
[Folktronica/Beats] Marquis De Morning - Manorano [Full-Length LP], 21.03.2018

Aye, lads.

I've just put up my album on the internet. It is a collection of 35 tracks that were selected from the span of last two years. It's the first thing I did since 2014. I am both happy and scared a little, all the people that were following my music back then don't remember me anymore. I do this for myself mostly, but some guidance is always appreciated.

Anyway, the concept of the album is based on my real-life experiences and that of the fictional character I created, a Marquis of a small province in the XVIIIc. The vibe is mostly soft in the beginning, emulated or real instruments are played and afterwards there is more synthwork and instrumental hip-hop which is a nod to that L.A. Beat type of thing. It's like a whole day and night from dawn to dusk presented in this collection. I got photographs, text and all the other stuff about it on my website:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Now for the real thing. Here's more than 100 minutes of music, 35 tracks, here's Manorano:

Advertisements

------------------
Join the Regiment:
www.marquisdemorning.com

StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 10:38 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217360
Thanked 4,347 Times in 3,225 Posts
Re: [Folktronica/Beats] Marquis De Morning - Manorano [Full-Length LP], 21.03.2018

One word..impressive. You have some really nice melodies on that release..some really solid work. I'm only halfway through and although I mightn't be into everything I've heard so far (..just a personal style thing..nothing to do with your craftsmanship)..there's certainly more than a few I know I'll be playing again and again.

Have to say it's not what I was expecting and I was plesantly surprised by the over-all tone of what I'm hearing..a real refreshing change from all the usual stuff that's kicking around today..and it' not as folksy as I was expecting it to be either..nice "middle of the road" blend of styles, if you ask me..though I'm guessing it won't be for everyone.

I also had a bit of a problem buying into the whole alt image thing..sorry, I know it's a big part of this release, but I guess I just don't have the same level of appreciation for that era as you. Still, image or not, your work stands on it's own legs and I sincerely hope you're feeling very proud of yourself right now..I know I would be, if this release were mine.

Nice work, man..very well done indeed.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2018, 12:30 PM   #3
StampedeMe
His Free Pass Has Expired
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 5511
Re: [Folktronica/Beats] Marquis De Morning - Manorano [Full-Length LP], 21.03.2018

Thank you very much. Especially the part at the end which is really motivating to keep going. It's not about being praised but being assured that the work I put into this isn't completely wasted.

Yeah, the alt-image thing is a tough choice and might not appeal to everyone. I tried to come up with something at least decently original. I would release music under my real name but I'm too shy and don't want people irl to hear this. I always feel like I'm performing under my real skills, this is where it comes from.

Once again, thank you very much for your time. Best wishes.

Advertisements

------------------
Join the Regiment:
www.marquisdemorning.com

StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote