[industrial/synthwave] Cellar Graves - witching hour
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 11-04-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1542477
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,331 Posts
[industrial/synthwave] Cellar Graves - witching hour

Resurrecting Cellar Graves for a debut EP soon. Teaser track - witching hour.

For fans of Skinny Puppy, FLA, John Carpenter, Goblin, and 80's horror film nostalgia.

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
Artificer (11-04-2018)
Rate this track - [industrial/synthwave] Cellar Graves - witching hour.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #2
Plague
Analog Lurker
Plague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud of
Munich
MC Status: 1110
Re: [industrial/synthwave] Cellar Graves - witching hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post

Resurrecting Cellar Graves for a debut EP soon. Teaser track - witching hour.

For fans of Skinny Puppy, FLA, John Carpenter, Goblin, and 80's horror film nostalgia.
Wow, cool. Reminds me a little bit of Skinny Puppy's "Testure". But more modern.

------------------
Plague is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:52 PM   #3
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague View Post
Wow, cool. Reminds me a little bit of Skinny Puppy's "Testure". But more modern.
not ashamed to list SP as a HUGE influence.

------------------
Old 12-04-2018, 08:21 PM   #4
Artificer
Deep Underground
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 42460

So glad to see you back at this project. The last Cellar Graves stuff you posted was really on point.

This track has a bit of Neon Cities in the feel - I don't know if you finish this after that or not, but the marriage of 80s industrial and new wave/synth sounds great. It sort of mellows out the rough edges of one and adds a bit of menace to the other. Some of the sound design reminds me a bit of Love's Secret Domain-era Coil in places.

As always, the mixing really shines. The heavy but cohesive reverb is a real shining point for me. I'm curious as to what all synths you used. There's some Ensoniq-y sounds in there...

------------------
"It doesn't dry out your skin like soap doesn't."

- Dirk Colon, 2017
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:12 PM   #5
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 33860

Really digging this!
I listened 3 or 4 times now, and I don’t really have any feedback to give. I just really enjoyed this.
Way more my style than the neon cities stuff. Just dark enough!
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #6
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
So glad to see you back at this project. The last Cellar Graves stuff you posted was really on point.

This track has a bit of Neon Cities in the feel - I don't know if you finish this after that or not, but the marriage of 80s industrial and new wave/synth sounds great. It sort of mellows out the rough edges of one and adds a bit of menace to the other. Some of the sound design reminds me a bit of Love's Secret Domain-era Coil in places.

As always, the mixing really shines. The heavy but cohesive reverb is a real shining point for me. I'm curious as to what all synths you used. There's some Ensoniq-y sounds in there...

Ive been using Massive for the digital-y synths (the bell like synth chords) if you put Massive in "economy" mode it has a rough around the edges aliased sort of sound that i like better than it sounding all super hi-fi. The choir stuff is Kontakt, and the arpeggios come from a few different sources, Nordlead2 and a Oberheim OBX emulator VST.

(:

This tune was an attempt to sort of bridge the synth wave stuff w industrial so... you pretty much nailed it.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited by chasedobson; 13-04-2018 at 05:53 PM..

------------------
Old 22-05-2018, 01:43 PM   #7
CustardSquare
Regular Freak
CustardSquare is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

its familiar and fresh, nailed the atmosphere.
CustardSquare is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 03:36 PM   #8
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardSquare View Post
its familiar and fresh, nailed the atmosphere.

thanks for listening.

much appreciated. (:

------------------
Old 30-05-2018, 01:18 AM   #9
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster
Jibbertha möben has a spectacular aura aboutJibbertha möben has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Loved the synths and when it got darker further on in, really good,, really enjoyed it

Advertisements

Jibbertha möben is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote