LSD celebrates its 75th birthday - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 22-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #21
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 66560
Thanked 1,331 Times in 979 Posts
Re: LSD celebrates its 75th birthday

Hey, I don’t see what could possibly go wrong ingesting a potent hallucinogen in a dark club, deafening music playing, strobes flashing, surrounded by strangers in claustrophobic circumstances. Comfortable and safe environment? Yeah.

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
relic (24-04-2018)
Old 22-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #22
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 66560
Thanked 1,331 Times in 979 Posts

A recent scientific insight into the remarkable effects of LSD are equally unique as the compound itself:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...reaking-images

This is why people describe things such as hearing color or other forms of synesthesia. Somehow reminds me of the Buddhist teaching that “there is no one there”. What and who you believe you are is merely a mental image the mind constructs for you. Modern Neuroscience has offered some interesting underpinnings somewhat consistent with this perspective. What we think we see is far from what our retinas register. It is rather more a carefully rendered depiction of reality constructed based on the sensory input, integrated across different sensory inputs. Interfering with such carefully orchestrated function will of course create some profound changes.
How exactly such minute amounts of a substance can create such profound changes is another interesting scientific question. If I was a betting man, I’d put my money on specific neurons that are critical for long range communication across different regions of the brain.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #23
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
I encourage the overabuse of drugs too.

You haven't lived until you inched your way so close to death you actually think you're living the afterlife forever after that.
Seriously ? You know there is what they call a spiritual ego that rises when one first realises there is something more to human than just what he sees and hears...
pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #24
wayne
↗IDMf050↖
LISTEN HERE

Duhmerica
MC Status: ∞

wayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MC
within a chalk drawing of a pentagram
MC Status: 90545070
Thanked 3,840 Times in 2,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Fuck this.

Watch Jesus Of Nazareth. I TRIPEL BITCH DARE YOU.
nah. jesus christ superstar.
wayne is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to wayne
relic (24-04-2018)
Old 24-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #25
wayne
↗IDMf050↖
LISTEN HERE

Duhmerica

wayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MCwayne is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkreegi View Post
What the fuck, I must say a word as well.

I've been in a close relationship (not intimate) with a number of shamans, seen a shitload of people doing hallucinogens, etc etc yada yada, whatever to say that I've had the wonderful opportunity to be the spectator of the lives of the people who went in to consuming hallucinogens , and how they come out of it. Read books, learned psychoanalysis and listened to many smart people, both spiritual and science orientated... and my conclusion is.....!

IT IS A PROBLEM. it MIGHT not be a problem, if the hallucinogens are taken really when spritiual growth is kept in mind, or to medicate serious illnesses. However, I'd say 9/10 cases from what i've seen and read, people do those hallucinogens often unconciously to cover or heal some serious mental weak spots. So, don't you dare chit-chating among forums about how doing psychedelics is cool and okay and everyone should do it, because really, the main reason for ANYONE to do it, comes from the inability to manage your own fucking wimpy lives that you are incapable of handling.

Really, the ice is thin on how much to use hallucinogens. Its a fucking drug to ease your pain or make you think like any other drug does, whether it be paracetamol or..i dno... *insert soothing drug here*.

There is this global PSYCONFERENCE coming in this year's autumn in Estonia. I asked one of the guys who helps with the setting up of this conference, what is the purpose. He said he is not exactly sure, but the idea is to make people aware that narcotics and psychedelics is not the same. And I agree, they are not, by any standards, but IT IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO SAY THAT DOING THESE THINGS ON RECREATIONAL BASIS IS OKAY, AS IT MOST OFTEN SHOWS YOUR INABILITY TO HANDLE YOUR FUCKING LIFE.

get a fucking grip, go to the gym, help people and donate and do something fucking smart with your god damn time, ungrateful pricks, GET A FUCKING PURPOSE, stop drooling at the fucking stars wideopen, barely concious. Get a purpose, then you can really appreciate the time with the stars even sober. (I don't keep in mind anyone specific on this forum, you guys are cool, its just generally my thoughts that i've been wanting to spurt out recently)

UGH
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
oh cool you banged a few shamans and read a couple books, never made play on the field but all of a sudden you wanna coach the team. cool awesome do me a favor and press your ear up really hard against your monitor. i think if you listen hard enough, you might be able to hear the sound of someone, if anyone, giving a fuck about your opinion. oh also I wanted to announce that I have never fingered my own butthole, but I have had close relationships (not intimate) with self-butthole fingerers and read books about fingering my own butthole, but I decided I'm never gonna do it and in addition, I'd like to announce to all of you that if you finger your own butthole you are going to work at a gas station for the rest of your life.
Old 24-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #26
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelium View Post
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
oh cool you banged a few shamans and read a couple books, never made play on the field but all of a sudden you wanna coach the team. cool awesome do me a favor and press your ear up really hard against your monitor. i think if you listen hard enough, you might be able to hear the sound of someone, if anyone, giving a fuck about your opinion. oh also I wanted to announce that I have never fingered my own butthole, but I have had close relationships (not intimate) with self-butthole fingerers and read books about fingering my own butthole, but I decided I'm never gonna do it and in addition, I'd like to announce to all of you that if you finger your own butthole you are going to work at a gas station for the rest of your life.
Damn brother, you're right i'm mad. I'm mad because people encourage to be a fuckwit in a gas station. I'm not saying its always like this, but there is a correlation.

You see, the thing about "not giving a fuck about your opinion" works two ways. If you don't give a fuck about anyones opinion, why bother just typing this long comment. Get on with it. Otherwise you are just contradicting yourself. Makes it look like you're not exactly sure as of what you stand for. Now I don't mean to be pointing fingers here, not towards you neither. I just wanted to be heard. Thats it. Its not like I often make myself heard. If this is not what the forums are for, then lets delete all of this Lets delete the whole internet if nobody cares about anyone's opinion!
Old 24-04-2018, 07:10 PM   #27
rewir3d
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
rewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MC
Anal Leakage SJW 2016
MC Status: 3066719

Internet is not for opinions, just facts.
rewir3d is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 07:25 PM   #28
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewir3d View Post
Internet is not for opinions, just facts.
Well, isn't this the principle of communication in general ? I thought my "opinion" was pretty fact based =/
Old 24-04-2018, 07:27 PM   #29
rewir3d
rewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MC
Anal Leakage SJW 2016

I did an extensive fact check on your opinions, turns out it was not fact based
Old 25-04-2018, 07:32 AM   #30
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744046091
Thanked 7,575 Times in 4,676 Posts

lol, get it down ya neck you fanny
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #31
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45970348
Thanked 1,290 Times in 983 Posts

I'm not against it, but I have to disagree being that using it habitually in order to continuously chase after enlightenment(like the hippies did in the 60's) is a convenient escape to not deal with reality imo. Using it once in a blue moon, to open your mind and to make you look at things from a different perspective is ok. But habitual usage is take it or leave it because It's like that guy I came across at 4 am once buying stuff in a seven eleven, he was convinced that he was undercover cia and was getting into it with the clerk because he needed a turkey hero sandwhich and a large bottle of orange juice for free in order to complete an op. Luckily I got out of there before the cops came. But anyways the moral of the story having an altered state of mind might not always be the best thing.

But then again what works for the one may not work for the other.

Last edited by Br/ainfu+ked; 25-04-2018 at 11:29 AM..

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 02:37 PM   #32
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89281373
Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,209 Posts

I think its fair to say that like with most, if not all, recreational drug usage - the experience is extremely subjective... and in LSD there is no difference. heck the same person can have very different outcomes when using LSD (or even weed for that matter..) every time they take it. and you can even have a part "good" and part "bad" trip in the same usage. It is important to know the risks involved - like the possibly to trigger multiple mental health illnesses - even in a one time use - again - this is also true with weed, and obviously much more so with LSD.

Having said that, I would say that my first LSD experience was one, if not the best, drug experience I've ever had.
I did it alone, when I was 20, in a week's vacation I did in Sinai beach - Egypt. mountains, sea, sand, the moon and all of my favorite music in my headphones with me... shit was glorious. and profoundly changed the way I hear & "feel" music, and sound ever since.

Anyway... yeah, definitely wouldn't advise for, or against, the use of it, but if you do decide to do it - try to trip responsibly.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Sencesor
Br/ainfu+ked (25-04-2018)
Old 25-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #33
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8573230
Thanked 7,646 Times in 5,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
I'm not against it, but I have to disagree being that using it habitually in order to continuously chase after enlightenment(like the hippies did in the 60's) is a convenient escape to not deal with reality imo. Using it once in a blue moon, to open your mind and to make you look at things from a different perspective is ok. But habitual usage is take it or leave it because It's like that guy I came across at 4 am once buying stuff in a seven eleven, he was convinced that he was undercover cia and was getting into it with the clerk because he needed a turkey hero sandwhich and a large bottle of orange juice for free in order to complete an op. Luckily I got out of there before the cops came. But anyways the moral of the story having an altered state of mind might not always be the best thing.

But then again what works for the one may not work for the other.

I attend the same week long festival every summer, partying is part of it, but it isn't like an Ultra Music Festival or something. Anyway, I have a "festival friend" there who decided he was going to do LSD every night of the festival an (so six nights in a row). There was this slightly spiritual tint to this idea in a grand speech he gave our group about the plan.

By the forth night he was like "Man...I'm not trippin'...not even getting high any more". The next morning he concocted this bullshit story about how he missed his girlfriend so he was going home.

I don't know what the point is of this story. LSD just cracks me up. I don't care what people want to ingest to party. I don't care if you want to have a cracker and some wine and call it religion anymore than I care if you want to barf up peyote buttons and call it religion. But come on dude.

That's why I've always been more of a mind to cut out the middle man and just neck an E or do a line. Its way more honest at the end of the day. Though people get silly about spirituality with E as well.

Fuck it, man, let's go bowling.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Br/ainfu+ked (25-04-2018)
Old 25-04-2018, 07:56 PM   #34
rewir3d
Anal Leakage SJW 2016

^ six days straight sounds like a fucking nightmare. I haven't done LSD in about 16 years, ectasy in 8 (which is my favorite), and mushrooms in .....a few days.

The mushrooms trip was not what I wanted to do though, fuck microdosing. I recently stopped taking my xanax and venlafaxine, was going to microdose shrooms to take the edge off. Not my thing. I'll stick with beer, ecstacy if I ever find it, rare occasional rail, and call it a day!

Also lol at the 4am, 711 tweaker.
Old 25-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #35
noeffindodge
IDMf's latest spammer
noeffindodge is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Too bad that annoying yet funny guy "Daggit" ain't here any mo.
Seems like he woulda had some relentlessly cray cray wierd ideas to drop on this topic.
I vaguely remember some folk talkin about how the CIA was somehow in the mix about LSD back in the day.
But where does that all lead these days after the fact?

Just dippin my thimble into tha nets I found this: h t t p : / / mindjustice.org/humprot2-06.htm#4

Wierdness

What do ya all think of it?
noeffindodge is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 11:07 PM   #36
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8573230
Thanked 7,646 Times in 5,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewir3d View Post
^ six days straight sounds like a fucking nightmare. I haven't done LSD in about 16 years, ectasy in 8 (which is my favorite), and mushrooms in .....a few days.

The mushrooms trip was not what I wanted to do though, fuck microdosing. I recently stopped taking my xanax and venlafaxine, was going to microdose shrooms to take the edge off. Not my thing. I'll stick with beer, ecstacy if I ever find it, rare occasional rail, and call it a day!

Also lol at the 4am, 711 tweaker.
I don't know if it is still a thing, but for a minute there are the kids at the raves were into these research chemicals like 2CB (that was a popular one in the rustbelt for whatever reason) and these people would just be trippin BALLS.

I went to a camping weekend festival once and at about oh....7pm on Saturday these kids camping next to us wake up from the night before and ask me what happens. I then had to tell them that we tried everything except physically restraining them from driving an hour through the boonies to find a wal-mart to buy some kind of chips they had fixated on while tripping on that 2CB stuff. They went on the adventure, were gone for like five hours, some how came back and ran into their tent with their chips.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
rewir3d (25-04-2018)
Old 25-04-2018, 11:51 PM   #37
rewir3d
Anal Leakage SJW 2016

I watched a dude on LSD curled up bawling at our campsite talking about how his wife and daughter just got brutally murdered by a guy in the woods and he got away. He was bawling for hours
Thanks to rewir3d
thom (26-04-2018)
Old 26-04-2018, 12:06 AM   #38
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 180660
Thanked 3,613 Times in 2,145 Posts

Hahaha

I would have said "It prolly was a bear, man. Or maybe you just got cucked by the Bigfoot"... and watched his badtrip go from 100 to mach 10
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
relic (26-04-2018)
Old 26-04-2018, 12:21 AM   #39
rewir3d
Anal Leakage SJW 2016

On that note. We had a buddy go on a bad mushroom trip and convinced himself we invited him up there to kill him. After a couple hours of annoying us, my friend told him to walk with him....got him on the trail and told him we did in fact go up there to kill him . He was fucking beside himself.
Thanks to rewir3d
relic (30-04-2018)
Old 30-04-2018, 09:07 AM   #40
wayne
↗IDMf050↖
LISTEN HERE

Duhmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkreegi View Post
Damn brother, you're right i'm mad. I'm mad because people encourage to be a fuckwit in a gas station. I'm not saying its always like this, but there is a correlation.

You see, the thing about "not giving a fuck about your opinion" works two ways. If you don't give a fuck about anyones opinion, why bother just typing this long comment. Get on with it. Otherwise you are just contradicting yourself. Makes it look like you're not exactly sure as of what you stand for. Now I don't mean to be pointing fingers here, not towards you neither. I just wanted to be heard. Thats it. Its not like I often make myself heard. If this is not what the forums are for, then lets delete all of this Lets delete the whole internet if nobody cares about anyone's opinion!
well, obviously posting is caring.

I'll read what you wrote later.

Advertisements