[Jungle Bass] DYSWIS - Chacarron
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 13-04-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110
[Jungle Bass] DYSWIS - Chacarron

Hey y'all,

I made a song a bit out of my normal sound. It's really bass heavy and rather simple otherwise. I would like to know if anything sparks your ears for a re-work or where you think I could have mixed differently / better. Also, any general feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by DoYouSeeWhatISe; 13-04-2018 at 01:11 PM..

Advertisements

DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Jungle Bass] DYSWIS - Chacarron.
Old 14-04-2018, 01:24 AM   #2
wipeout
Soundscaper
wipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MC
San Francisco, CA
MC Status: 2024047
Re: [Jungle Bass] DYSWIS - Chacarron

That's some pretty in-your-face stuff! I like the wobbles and snare. The voices are kind of crazy too.
wipeout is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 07:39 AM   #3
beigeboxgone
Granular Poster
beigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

Dude this is weird but i like it quite a bit. Unique. Cool effects usage. The mixing seems overall good but as things get more unique that is harder to judge. I like the mix of wide and slim bass growls.

Mix wise: (Things to test, stuff I might do)
-Turn down the wide basses a bit

-Give the Drum buss a bit heavier compression / makeup gain (or do so individually for snare / kick as needed)
-Test out adding some saturation to the kick and snare

-Make sure you have all the different bass sounds going to the same Bass buss
--On the bass buss make sure the same perceived loudness for each bass sound is the same for the given part of the song.

--Add / layer in a Sub synth using sine wave, make sure that is side chained with the kick as needed for punch. Make sure the other bass sounds don't get in the way of the sub

--Experiment with sidechaing the Bass buss with the snare also to add a bit more groove

-Experiment with a extremely subtle pad that is pushed far back in the mix, i mean really low and see if that adds a more cohesive / atmosphere.
-On the master chain add a bit more mix compression (maybe, but not much if at all, just a touch more glue)

Last edited by beigeboxgone; 14-04-2018 at 07:49 AM..
beigeboxgone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 01:58 PM   #4
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

Wow thats a lot of input. Thanks for your feedback. I understand all of what you're saying and have already experimented with quite a bit. I still may mess with making the snares pop more, and also I have been back and forth on the sub bass. I kind of like the floating feeling of not subbing out every hit, but it may make it more full...

As for pad sounds, I do more pad work and nice synth leads for more melodic and thought provoking songs. This one is meant to just be a 'banger' if you will, and just blast people with noise with a hint of chaos. Note the ukulele strums.. That's the chaos.

Seriously though, thanks for the thoughtful feedback. Much appreciated!
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #5
beigeboxgone
Granular Poster
beigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

You're welcome, I like the artistic perspective, keep thinking outside the box!

Advertisements

beigeboxgone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote