[French House] Djcheesehead - Demo #1 (Name TBD)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 07-08-2018, 05:42 PM   #1
Djcheesehead
Deep Underground
Djcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond repute
New York City
MC Status: 9310
[French House] Djcheesehead - Demo #1 (Name TBD)

So I already have my own complaints with my track, but I don't want to post it yet, without seeing what you guys think. Literally all the leads of the track are from Frank Ocean - Comme Des Garcon, it was a nice exercise in pushing my sampling skills. There's more depth I want to add to track but I've been in a creative rout with it, so any advice on how to push forward would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Djcheesehead is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [French House] Djcheesehead - Demo #1 (Name TBD).
Old 09-08-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
Djcheesehead
Deep Underground
Djcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond repute
New York City
MC Status: 9310
Re: [French House] Djcheesehead - Demo #1 (Name TBD)

Crazy how 20 new songs were posted after this track and they all get replies.

Fuck it yo my music will be the best out there I don’t need the tribe’s approval.
Djcheesehead is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:35 AM   #3
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 109760
Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,425 Posts

It seems like you've only reviewed one song in the LB this year - cool your tits.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:07 AM   #4
Vault O)))
IDMF Resident Shitposter
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Meth Town, FL
MC Status: 61460
Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcheesehead View Post
Crazy how 20 new songs were posted after this track and they all get replies.
Some of us can't really offer any advice on certain styles, which might explain views / plays without posts. Just wait for the french house guys to show up and remember that sometimes it takes a while.

------------------

Need a quick voice for a track or project? Let's fuck shit up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
degenerates like you belong on a cross
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:18 AM   #5
Garruden
IDMf Supporter
Garruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of light
San Jose, California
MC Status: 510

Pretty impressive work with the drums/percussion. I also really dug the HP'd scratchy bass build around 0:32 on and that...percussive sound rising up over and over starting at 1:24. The one thing that I think makes it hard for some to comment on a track like this is definitely an area of subjective differences, and maybe a lack of a melodic line to latch on to. Still neat stuff, I'd work out to this.

------------------
Garruden is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8572130
Thanked 7,624 Times in 5,379 Posts

Not looking at the other comments until I finish listening here and getting some initial thoughts down.

I feel like I'm always Mr. The Genre is Wrong, but this really, really doesn't sound like French House to me...ie; Filter House ie; Daft Punk. Maybe French House is something different now, but this falls squarely into the realm of Techno for me. It has almost no melodic/harmonic content which is always how I've split up House and Techno.

I kinda see after the half way point, that new vocoder-ish element being a little French House, but it's still pretty atonal.

Other than that I think it could be a pretty banging Techno track. The high hat samples I'm not a fan of. They feel way too clean/real for either French House or Techno. Too soft/natural and not gritty enough.

Overall the mix sounds pretty good--seems like you could sneak in some bass elements if you wanted, I don't think the kick is filling that whole spectrum as is (my studio is torn up and my monitors aren't set up properly, so take that with a grain of salt(.

I also agree with @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
--if you aren't commenting on other people's stuff or at least participating in other parts of the forum, its unlikely people are going to jump right on your tune to comment. And you only gave it a few hours.

------------------

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:53 PM   #7
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222283384
Thanked 2,644 Times in 1,760 Posts

Hey I like the drums a lot but also I've suddenly realised I like 909 sounds somehow. Just came here to say that girl is like 14 or if she isn't she looks it so yeah that's not good

Also yeah French house is disco loops innit??

I really like all the sounds, what was the process? How old are you now cheese head you were 15 before amirite

Advertisements

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote