[ambient/cinematic/halfstep] sm - mts
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 08-08-2018, 08:41 PM   #1
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 126610
Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,483 Posts
[ambient/cinematic/halfstep] sm - mts

This could have been 050 submission if I managed to do everything in time.

Away from the Paths. Genre is in question. Less sound-design'ish, more straight-forward dreamy music. Actually, this is a much older project file which has been extended and summarised just recently. Feels a bit out of context now compared to the rest of my later stuff. Track name is project file name so it makes no sense at all. Raw mix/raw arrangement.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------

ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ms_
Vault O))) (09-08-2018)
Rate this track - [ambient/cinematic/halfstep] sm - mts.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #2
Manix
Regular Freak
Manix is currently spamming hard
Oregon
MC Status: 10
Re: [ambient/cinematic/halfstep] sm - mts

It's kindof all over the place at specific times, and a bit much just in general at other times...

But mostly it's nice and dreamy, with just enough drum break for it to sound good in there.

I actually like this. I'll have to check out your other stuff even if it sounds different from this. I appreciate the uniqueness, the dreamy, but bass heavy quality, and all the interesting sounds in there.

If you just figured out how to make the breaks sound a bit "too much" at those specific parts, this track would be well on it's way to gold imo
Manix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:07 PM   #3
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522654

LOL I love how I'm sitting here, going.. umm what is this!?!? Somebody, please help me? Yet loving every minute of it!

Awesome builds. Stereo Placement. Love your use of textures to create tension, and your arrangement as is is seamless!

Feels like the low-mid range or weight has been removed or not added to the arrangement. Maybe have a pure wave/sine wave just in the background, side-chained playing the kick pattern. Few longer notes here and there, playing the basic melody of the pads. EQ cut at about 170-348Hz, q .50. just a suggestion

Glad I checked this 1 out!

Thanks for sharing
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:48 AM   #4
Garruden
IDMf Supporter
Garruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of lightGarruden is a glorious beacon of light
San Jose, California
MC Status: 510

First off, I dunno if I'd call this "dreamy"

The drums hit SO hard and are really high energy (especially starting at 0:45), which is a great contrast to the rest of the atmospherics going on with the rest of this song. The drier snare and cymbals are great for grounding the rest of the affected kit, kind of pulling you back in and giving that organic touch. I gotta say though I was really hoping at the end the energy would come back out with the drums, maybe coming back to a similar beat around that 0:45 mark. It came back up a bit at 2:46 and I was expecting another element in the mid/high register to come in and just hammer it home.

I honestly just feel like I'm nitpicking though. I actually listened to the two paths, and preferred this track..
I hope you're getting into soundtrack work because your stuff would be absolutely amazing for that.

Advertisements

------------------
Garruden is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote