Greetings to the Dreamers of the Dreams
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Introduce Yourself Say hello to our other members. Give us a little about yourself and what you're interested in. Tell us about the music you like to make and listen to.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:51 PM   #1
CetustheWhale
IDMf's latest spammer
CetustheWhale is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Greetings to the Dreamers of the Dreams

Greetings all,

I am Cetus the Whale. Seriously though I am not a real leviathan (it would be very hard to type this thread if I had the fins of a whale to use for hands) I have been exploring electronic music production seriously for a very short time. Since about November 2017 when I purchased a Moog Mother 32 and began my descent into ambient music. Before that, I had used a MC-909 Groove Box to make simple beats inspired by footwork music (though I was no good(see Retard Chamber EP on my soundcloud account))

After getting the mother 32 I began integrating it with the Groove Box through a simple 4 channel mixer that I got for free at a closing Radioshack (R.I.P). Started hooking more things to the ShackMixer, a turntable, auxillary cable, and tape players. Thats when I finally decided to take the plunge and download the trial to Reaper. That was about a week ago.. now I am totally addicted to making sounds digitally. The possibilities are ENDLESS!

As I said before, I haven't been doing this very long so there are things I am still learning. Every time I create a new piece, I come out just a tad bit more creative with new experiences on my shoulders. I am here mainly to read the tutorials section, the Music Theory and Composition section, Sound Design Section, and to participate in the community projects. I welcome and appreciate all feedback (positive and negative).

Thank you for the welcome into the community.

Cetus the Whale.

Advertisements

CetustheWhale is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:45 AM   #2
E-Fence
Granular Poster
E-Fence is a splendid one to beholdE-Fence is a splendid one to beholdE-Fence is a splendid one to beholdE-Fence is a splendid one to beholdE-Fence is a splendid one to beholdE-Fence is a splendid one to beholdE-Fence is a splendid one to beholdE-Fence is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 910
Re: Greetings to the Dreamers of the Dreams

Welcome, you will be happy to know I know of no whalers on this forum but I could be wrong.

------------------
E-Fence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 209610
Thanked 4,192 Times in 3,108 Posts

Hi Cetus (..déjà vu ),

I see you've swam over into this deep pond that's IDMf..but be careful, there be monsters in these depths..and some have bit teeth.

Seriously..all joking aside..it's good the see you here.

Dan (A.M)

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:16 AM   #4
CetustheWhale
IDMf's latest spammer
CetustheWhale is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Greetings, friend!

Yes, I followed one of those monsters down here! I've been doing some research catching up on some videos, having a good time at these depths.

To E-Fence:
I am glad to hear that. I hope not to encounter one on my journey...
CetustheWhale is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:57 AM   #5
Mark Ames
Regular Freak
Mark Ames is a glorious beacon of lightMark Ames is a glorious beacon of lightMark Ames is a glorious beacon of lightMark Ames is a glorious beacon of lightMark Ames is a glorious beacon of lightMark Ames is a glorious beacon of light
Ventura County California
MC Status: 510

You are a contraptioneer... and you are welcome

Advertisements

Mark Ames is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote