[Club?] How can I make this transition better?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 12-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
zoop
Sample Destroyer
zoop is a jewel in the roughzoop is a jewel in the roughzoop is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
[Club?] How can I make this transition better?

Hey all, first off, the track:

The transition from the intro to the chorus is pretty obvious, but I'm looking for any suggestions on how to make it a bit more seamless? Right now, it feels forced (as do other parts of the song, but that's for another discussion); and I want it to feel "right".

Anyone have any tips? Thanks!

Advertisements

------------------

Bassnectar feat. W Darling -- You And Me (Trap Remix)
zoop is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Club?] How can I make this transition better?.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:50 AM   #2
AstroBeats
Digital Surfer
AstroBeats is a savage MCAstroBeats is a savage MCAstroBeats is a savage MCAstroBeats is a savage MCAstroBeats is a savage MCAstroBeats is a savage MCAstroBeats is a savage MCAstroBeats is a savage MCAstroBeats is a savage MCAstroBeats is a savage MCAstroBeats is a savage MC
MC Status: 951858
Re: [Club?] How can I make this transition better?

maybe put a blast of noise or crash cymbal?

------------------
AstroBeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110850
Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,421 Posts

I think the change is just too much. Every single thing changes and nothing carries through. You could also try like an 1/8th note or 1/16th note of complete silence. Your build feels like its building up to something thats going to hit really hard and I can feel what I want it to sound like. I can imagine a huge bassline coming in right there instead.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
zoop
Sample Destroyer
zoop is a jewel in the roughzoop is a jewel in the roughzoop is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBeats View Post
maybe put a blast of noise or crash cymbal?

Something like that?

------------------

Bassnectar feat. W Darling -- You And Me (Trap Remix)
zoop is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
leftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant future
Reykjavik
MC Status: 1662

In the updated version the intro is 12 bars. I would remove the 9-12. bars because they seems really out of place and disrupts the flow but still make the first 8 bars end with that percussion like it did on the 12th bar.

To be honest though, I really dig the intro. It has a lot of energy and a good feeling to it but the "chorus" has none of that energy or feeling. I would completely remake the chorus into something that carries the feeling of the intro.

Advertisements

------------------
leftfoot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote