A bit of praise for TAL Software
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 09-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
Iyashi Sound
Master of the LFO
Iyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MC
Svaneke
MC Status: 21160
A bit of praise for TAL Software

I recently bought a registered version of the TAL-Sampler synth/sampler-instrument from TAL Software in Switzerland.

I bought it mainly for its ability to do microtuning via .tun files, - but to my horror I realised that the microtuning settings weren't being saved with the presets - or with my saved Ableton Live sets - making the instrument close to unusable in a live setting.

After panicking for a while, I contacted TAL support - and got a quick reply from Patrick Kunz (who runs the place? - I'm not sure), asking about a few details about my setup.

Two days later (!) he wrote me again, saying that he had uploaded a new version of the software to the TAL website, with the saving issue now fixed!

This level of customer-service isn't exactly commonplace in my experience, so I thought I'd just leave a few lines about it here - with my recommendation

Also, I'd like to say that the instrument sounds pretty amazing, - especially if you're into the kind sounds you otherwise only get from old hardware samplers:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1544177
Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,353 Posts
Re: A bit of praise for TAL Software

I recently purchased their Juno emulator. Super fantastic.

I hear really good things about the tal-sampler. Its got some cool features for emulating vintage samplers, which appeals to me.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1847827
Thanked 1,047 Times in 705 Posts

Totally agree. TAL are often overlooked. Their freebies are very nice. I have almost all in teh arsenal except for the sampler, due to Maschine software.
The TAL Mod is very nice and fun.
Their delays are very good.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #4
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 22360

love the bit crusher to
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #5
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 37960

That’s refreshing to hear. I bought an elektron analog rytm specifically because of the vst integration. It didn’t work at all with my computer, so I emailed them. And they were like “oh yea, your generation Mac Pro has a known issue that we don’t plan on fixing.” Literally their response. Luckily, I stumbled on a workaround in which you simply plug the usb connection into a usb hub and the problem is solved. Guess they couldn’t be bothered to figure that out. The Vst works now, but it’s still a disaster that crashes pretty frequently and has audio hiccups. And man do they advertise the hell out of it.
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnkvolcno
ltoc (10-07-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #6
ltoc
Minor Glitch
ltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1210

Togu Audio Line plugins are phenomenal! I use TAL freewares for well over six years now and they are amazing!
TAL Chorus LX is great for that Andy Wallace mixing technique for widening bass in your mix. TAL Dub is pretty much my main plugin for vintage delay, TAL Tube is fantastic for subtle gluing together two channels or if I want to put something a little bit (subtle again) in the back. I just cut high frequencies from that stem or channel and put TAL Tube on it in parallel mode. TAL Reverb 3 for reverb wash effects and for creating risers. Synths are also really, really good. I use TAL Vintager, TAL BassLine and TAL U-NO 62. Most of bass patches for our project Kerkrade is TAL Vintager + bass amp and it sounds amazing.

We are so blessed in this day and age to be able to use this great technology for free, there was never a better time to be creative.

Damir,
Lost Tribes of Cheekowara
ltoc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ltoc
Iyashi Sound (15-07-2018)
Old 17-07-2018, 04:37 AM   #7
E-Fence
Granular Poster
E-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110

love their freebies, I used the sampler for bit a while back. I might have to revisit it since Im currently looking for another sampler.
E-Fence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 12:58 PM   #8
Tsachi
IDMf Artist
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 20360

juno emulator is dope, I used it to make my submission for 1syn. Not really what it was intended for but the pads and arpeggiations are nice

------------------
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 10:26 PM   #9
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1544177
Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,353 Posts

TAL DAC is rocking my world given my preference for interesting bit rate reduction and emulation of older machines.

:edit: its the bitrate reducer section from Tal Sampler, so i dont need to move to a new sampler. (:

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #10
Ybot
IDMf's latest spammer
Ybot has a spectacular aura aboutYbot has a spectacular aura about
Bristol/Falmouth
MC Status: 160

That's cool. I use some of their free stuff, Noisemaker in particular.
Ybot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #11
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18052719
Thanked 1,054 Times in 791 Posts

TAL make awesome products. this level of customer service is just a rare bonus.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #12
localspace
Microknight
localspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1360

That's why I like spending my money with these smaller plugin makers. Great people that give a shit, what's not to like? I'll keep TAL in mind, thanks.
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #13
SafeandSound
Soundscaper
SafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MC
London UK
MC Status: 2213366

I have the TAL Sampler (sweet cyclic time stretch for those metallic effects) and the paid for JUNO emulation in my home music making setup and they are both very good. The bottom end the JUNO emulation can throw out is incredible.

------------------
SafeandSound Mastering - 30.00/Track or less PMC IB1S (10 inch to 25Hz, not nearfields), Crane Song Solaris Quantum DAC, MANLEY Massive Passive, Mytek ADC, Sontec clone, Vari Mu, fully treated room. Lowest rates for real mastering. http://www.masteringmastering.co.uk/
SafeandSound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:38 AM   #14
Space Cowboy
Minor Glitch
Space Cowboy will become famous soon enoughSpace Cowboy will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

After playing around for quite some time with TAL U-NO-62, which sounds sweet, I decided I owe the developer to purchase the full version. Simple an easy to program, difficult to make it sound bad! Just like the original.

------------------
Space Cowboy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Space Cowboy
Iyashi Sound (08-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #15
SafeandSound
Soundscaper
SafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MCSafeandSound is a savage MC
London UK
MC Status: 2213366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
After playing around for quite some time with TAL U-NO-62, which sounds sweet, I decided I owe the developer to purchase the full version. Simple an easy to program, difficult to make it sound bad! Just like the original.

That is the one ! I was checking out the freebie a year ago and was impressed by the quality and then paid up for the main Juno and the sampler. He produces quality products for a low price. I had a Juno-106 about 15 years ago and he really nailed the sound of these synths.

The low end from that plug in is fantastic (sometimes too much). I wish I could use it more in the music I make in spare time but I would need oscillator phase reset for that. I may just well sample it and that is that issue resolved.

------------------
SafeandSound Mastering - 30.00/Track or less PMC IB1S (10 inch to 25Hz, not nearfields), Crane Song Solaris Quantum DAC, MANLEY Massive Passive, Mytek ADC, Sontec clone, Vari Mu, fully treated room. Lowest rates for real mastering. http://www.masteringmastering.co.uk/
SafeandSound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to SafeandSound
Parricide (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 11:47 AM   #16
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18052719
Thanked 1,054 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeandSound View Post
..but I would need oscillator phase reset for that.

phase reset for life

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Parricide
SafeandSound (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 03:42 PM   #17
ltoc
Minor Glitch
ltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud ofltoc has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1210

Has anyone used TAL-Mod?

It looks really interesting and it sounds really versatile. Everything from classic Tangerine Dream arpeggios, '80 pop pads to Bob James and Herbie Hancock keys and leads.

Damir,
Lost Tribes of Cheekowara
ltoc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #18
chrisHA
Minor Glitch
chrisHA is a name known to allchrisHA is a name known to allchrisHA is a name known to allchrisHA is a name known to allchrisHA is a name known to allchrisHA is a name known to all
UK West Mids
MC Status: 560

Love TAL. I use to use the various freeware synths, and i still use the vocoder sometimes.

Advertisements

chrisHA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote