A warning to any artist's on here - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 15-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #21
StampedeMe
His Free Pass Has Expired
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 5561
Re: A warning to any artist's on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
how are german labels getting away with it? is there a loophole in their law or something?
This was back in 2013. I don't know how was the law concerning this in Germany back then. I got my music downloaded off BandCamp and one track was put on 3 seperate Lounge CDs conisting of random artists. This was available in digital and distrubuted as physical too.

I did a quick search in Google and there are a couple compilations from 2013-2017 including 2 of my tracks from back then and put on Beatport, AppleMusic etc.

Funny stuff and nothing special, I guess most of you had the same occurances in your life as a musician but there's one thing you don't have - an artists profile on Tidal where I'm a COLOURED guy holding a guitar. I'm the new MJ then!

The only sad thing is...I didn't want anything from it, I'd be more happy if these labels or whatever just let me know they used it, more satisfying

Glad I changed my alias though.

Advertisements

------------------
Join the Regiment:
www.marquisdemorning.com

StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 06:31 AM   #22
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18052719
Thanked 1,054 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampedeMe View Post
This was back in 2013. I don't know how was the law concerning this in Germany back then. I got my music downloaded off BandCamp and one track was put on 3 seperate Lounge CDs conisting of random artists. This was available in digital and distrubuted as physical too.

I did a quick search in Google and there are a couple compilations from 2013-2017 including 2 of my tracks from back then and put on Beatport, AppleMusic etc.

Funny stuff and nothing special, I guess most of you had the same occurances in your life as a musician but there's one thing you don't have - an artists profile on Tidal where I'm a COLOURED guy holding a guitar. I'm the new MJ then!

The only sad thing is...I didn't want anything from it, I'd be more happy if these labels or whatever just let me know they used it, more satisfying

Glad I changed my alias though.
its great to have your music out there and know that people are listening to it,its not about the money, but others should not be making money off it if you are not and i would die fighting if i found out it happened to me.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #23
Vault O)))
Vegan destroyer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 68710
Thanked 1,374 Times in 891 Posts

If someone uploaded some of my physical releases and made money off of them I probably wouldn't care. That's all underground labels do anyway, the only difference is that they have permission

And it all sucks, so nobody would ever do that
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2018, 07:18 AM   #24
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 133260
Thanked 2,665 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
If someone uploaded some of my physical releases and made money off of them I probably wouldn't care. That's all underground labels do anyway, the only difference is that they have permission

And it all sucks, so nobody would ever do that
I'm going to re-upload your music but do a slight pitch-shift and claim it's a remix if things go wrong. But if you notice it all too late I'll have plenty of lawyers ready to financially destroy you. In any case, see you in top 40. Now it's a good idea to take a loan and buy bots so I could pretend I'm a relevant artist. I'm still getting my money back anyway once I'm signed by Nuclear Blast. Damn, music business is so easy.

You better keep making music, my friend, I'm all about having long-running career so I need YOU to put more effort into it.

Last edited by ms_; 18-07-2018 at 07:24 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote