[ambient] ms - disperse
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 13-07-2018, 08:56 PM   #1
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 133260
Thanked 2,665 Times in 1,545 Posts
[ambient] ms - disperse

this has been sitting in private mode on sc since forever. I've just re-discovered it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ms_
bu.re_ (16-07-2018)
Rate this track - [ambient] ms - disperse.
Old 14-07-2018, 01:59 AM   #2
Vault O)))
Vegan destroyer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 68710
Thanked 1,374 Times in 891 Posts
Re: [ambient] ms - disperse

Forgive me if this is something I've heard before. I have a terrible memory, but there's something oddly familiar about it. I'm like this with even ambient artists that I obsess over, so it's just my weird brain.

Forewarning: listening on monitors, not headphones (for me, not the best setup, and any critique from here on out is ultimately null and void).

The midrange detail is insane... even if potentially overbearingly. I'm a huge fan of this personally, but it almost reminds me of lo-fi drone elements with some better-than-average sounding piano licks over top. It reminds me of something that is begging to be released on cassette due to the dreamy quality - it's not over-the-top soundscape-type stuff that sounds like liquid to your ears, but more like something that's begging for an extreme analog, textural medium. It's not missing anything at all, however this is the way that I could foresee somebody listening to it.

There's nothing lackluster here at all... I seriously just want an album of this. Or tape, or something. I want to put this on and fall asleep, just because it's so peaceful.
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #3
Jazzyspoon
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35999546

Really nice ambience top to bottom on this. Exactly what I am looking for when listening to this style of music. Cinematic lows and playful and subtle things happening in the high end. A great balance of melodic and dissonant. Nice work.

------------------
Jazzyspoon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2018, 04:23 AM   #4
E-Fence
Granular Poster
E-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110

great how piano moves in and out of the mix slow. changes develop at a perfect timing. really nice over all. cant say anything needs improving
E-Fence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #5
fidelium
IDMf's Asshole
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
New Orleans
MC Status: 90550220
Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,166 Posts

this is marvelous. your soundcloud wall is my new bedtime rave music. very sleek and zen, when you expect an instance it draws out longer than you want it to, like how one is supposed to play debussy's slowest pieces. the low frequencies are there but blend nicely. the piano is majestic. tiny little glitches in the background reminds me of bugs at night. I've listened to it twice now.

how did you make this?

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
youre our asshole
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #6
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 133260
Thanked 2,665 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Forgive me if this is something I've heard before. I have a terrible memory, but there's something oddly familiar about it. I'm like this with even ambient artists that I obsess over, so it's just my weird brain.

Forewarning: listening on monitors, not headphones (for me, not the best setup, and any critique from here on out is ultimately null and void).

The midrange detail is insane... even if potentially overbearingly. I'm a huge fan of this personally, but it almost reminds me of lo-fi drone elements with some better-than-average sounding piano licks over top. It reminds me of something that is begging to be released on cassette due to the dreamy quality - it's not over-the-top soundscape-type stuff that sounds like liquid to your ears, but more like something that's begging for an extreme analog, textural medium. It's not missing anything at all, however this is the way that I could foresee somebody listening to it.

There's nothing lackluster here at all... I seriously just want an album of this. Or tape, or something. I want to put this on and fall asleep, just because it's so peaceful.
if you fall asleep you miss all hidden easter eggs! Also it's wild that you sleep with ambient, total character breaking, I imagined you prefer grindcore and merzbob's soundcheck records, just as I do. I automatically win this time, florida man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyspoon View Post
Really nice ambience top to bottom on this. Exactly what I am looking for when listening to this style of music. Cinematic lows and playful and subtle things happening in the high end. A great balance of melodic and dissonant. Nice work.
Thanks, glad you liked it. This project is abandonware right now but it seems some hidden tracks are still worth a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Fence View Post
great how piano moves in and out of the mix slow. changes develop at a perfect timing. really nice over all. cant say anything needs improving
Glad to hear. Repetition can be troublesome even if your aim is some zen-type experience. I prefer a bit of movement and keeping slow pace helps a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
this is marvelous. your soundcloud wall is my new bedtime rave music. very sleek and zen, when you expect an instance it draws out longer than you want it to, like how one is supposed to play debussy's slowest pieces. the low frequencies are there but blend nicely. the piano is majestic. tiny little glitches in the background reminds me of bugs at night. I've listened to it twice now.

how did you make this?
bedtime rave? Sounds like a cooler title for restless legs syndrome.

I honestly don't remember this exact track and how it was made. It was uploaded quite a while ago and was on private mode and I just ignored it for a longer time. But I'll try to deconstruct it anyway.
Piano is 100% stock grand piano in Live. I assume main drone/drones might be Absynth (or some other softsynth) that goes through Alchemy's granular engine, and that very mid range grainy texture is definitely dry guitar that is heavily processed, (slighly amp'd, could be something reaktor/m4l related as a part of later processing, freezed and ripped apart). I used to do stuff like that to add roughness in a later stage of this project, bit of distortion hiss which is not very significant in this track, however (all super fake). Anyways, there are some field recordings and that higher frequency glitchiness which probably is resampled noise from something I recorded some time ago when I was trying out my portable recorder. That seems to go through live's warping "Beat" algorhythm as it stutters when it detects transients when you change sample tempo. Low end is all Operator.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 11:30 PM   #7
bu.re_
Granular Poster
bu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to behold
los angeles
MC Status: 810

beautiful. the grain provides a nice layer of texture. it's very well spread out and the instrumentation is appropriately sparse.

great stuff! i'd love to hear more of it. :]]

Advertisements

------------------
bu.re_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote