Was here before
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Introduce Yourself Say hello to our other members. Give us a little about yourself and what you're interested in. Tell us about the music you like to make and listen to.

Old 21-06-2018, 07:25 PM   #1
NotApplicable
Radial Developer
NotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond repute
MA
MC Status: 3110
Was here before

I was on this board awhile ago and in looking for dj forums, I came across this site and figured I'd give it another shot.

So hello.

Advertisements

------------------
NotApplicable is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to NotApplicable
Parricide (21-06-2018)
Old 21-06-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217410
Thanked 4,348 Times in 3,226 Posts
Re: Was here before

Welcome back to the fold, you globe-wandering bugger.

How did your trip over to here (Ireland) go last year? Hope we didn't give you too much culture shock to take back across the pond with you.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8584380
Thanked 7,869 Times in 5,537 Posts

Hello. Welcome. I'm not sure how many active members are currently DJing or DJ at all. I just got back into it myself. <3

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
NotApplicable
Radial Developer
NotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond repute
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Welcome back to the fold, you globe-wandering bugger.

How did your trip over to here (Ireland) go last year? Hope we didn't give you too much culture shock to take back across the pond with you.

I was awesome. We were there for 10 days - 3 at Ashford Castle. We did a hawk walk where you get a hawk and go into the woods with a tour guide and have a glove and the hawk flies around and lands on your hand for food before flying off again. It was insane. I will post a video of this slow mo of the hawk coming from a branch in front of me and landing on my hand for food. It is amazing.

------------------
Old 22-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
NotApplicable
Radial Developer
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Hello. Welcome. I'm not sure how many active members are currently DJing or DJ at all. I just got back into it myself. <3

Thanks for the welcome.

------------------
Old 22-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #6
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotApplicable View Post
I was awesome. We were there for 10 days - 3 at Ashford Castle. We did a hawk walk where you get a hawk and go into the woods with a tour guide and have a glove and the hawk flies around and lands on your hand for food before flying off again. It was insane. I will post a video of this slow mo of the hawk coming from a branch in front of me and landing on my hand for food. It is amazing.
Cool. Ashford Castle is simply beautiful..one of the finest examples of medieval buildings we have here..it's is perfect condition and sits on a lovely spot on the Mayo-Galway border..but ya know all this first hand already.

Glad to hear you has a great time..and here's hoping you can make it back here again some day. If you ever do and you head further down south, we might be able to meet up.

------------------
Old 22-06-2018, 11:11 AM   #7
NotApplicable
Radial Developer
MA

Quote:
Cool. Ashford Castle is simply beautiful..one of the finest examples of medieval buildings we have here..it's is perfect condition and sits on a lovely spot on the Mayo-Galway border..but ya know all this first hand already.

Glad to hear you has a great time..and here's hoping you can make it back here again some day. If you ever do and you head further down south, we might be able to meet up.

That would be cool. My mom actually jumped on the bandwagon and setup some conference in Ireland and is there now. They are in Dublin. We hit up Galway, Ashford Castle, Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, a perfumery in the middle of nowhere, Kylemore Abbey (the Neo-Gothic church was amazing) and Innis.

------------------
Old 24-06-2018, 10:00 PM   #8
bu.re_
Granular Poster
bu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to behold
los angeles
MC Status: 810

Quote:
That would be cool. My mom actually jumped on the bandwagon and setup some conference in Ireland and is there now. They are in Dublin. We hit up Galway, Ashford Castle, Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, a perfumery in the middle of nowhere, Kylemore Abbey (the Neo-Gothic church was amazing) and Innis.
woah, i was in ireland from the 8th to 20th! spent some time in galway and dublin, as well.

the churches are so beautiful. ( ^ ^ )
bu.re_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 04:11 AM   #9
Vault O)))
Vegan destroyer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 68710
Thanked 1,374 Times in 891 Posts

welCUM back. I remember your avvy and making a mental note that you were cool so I'll stick to that.
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 11:31 AM   #10
NotApplicable
Radial Developer
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
welCUM back. I remember your avvy and making a mental note that you were cool so I'll stick to that.

Well, thanks.

------------------
Old 25-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #11
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu.re_ View Post
..the churches are so beautiful. ( ^ ^ )
..and empty.

------------------
Old 25-06-2018, 07:38 PM   #12
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 36210

Quote:
..and empty.
Wasn't the whole point of gothic architecture to do stuff with the light coming into a huge space? Or are we speaking of the congregation? Or of the whole religion itself?

Woah. Too deep

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 08:45 PM   #13
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Wasn't the whole point of gothic architecture to do stuff with the light coming into a huge space? Or are we speaking of the congregation? Or of the whole religion itself?

Woah. Too deep
No, you've got it all wrong, J..the "Wasn't whole point of gothic architecture to do stuff with the light coming into a huge space?"bit is totally right..but that was only so they could be used as the backdrop in a couple of Tom Hanks movies and many possible future works of fiction.

------------------
Old 26-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #14
NotApplicable
Radial Developer
MA

This is from our Hawk Walk - it is a slow motion video of a hawk landing on my glove and snatching some meat.

http://www.nothingapplies.com/docs/slowMoHawk.mp4

------------------
Old 26-06-2018, 03:08 PM   #15
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 36210

Quote:
This is from our Hawk Walk - it is a slow motion video of a hawk landing on my glove and snatching some meat.

man birds are like air cats.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 05:37 PM   #16
A.M

Quote:

How much did that beauty weight would you say? It looks pretty full grown to me, but I'm no expert on Falconry / Hawk handling.

------------------
Old 26-06-2018, 10:33 PM   #17
NotApplicable
Radial Developer
MA

Quote:
How much did that beauty weight would you say? It looks pretty full grown to me, but I'm no expert on Falconry / Hawk handling.

I don't quite remember. He is a teenager. Apparently they hold their food in their chest before finally digesting it - it was how the guide knew how much he could feed him.

My wife's hawk was the mother figure and flew off on her own to go back to the cages. Apparently she didn't like my wife.

There is a clip of an owl I will post where you can see the wing span of the bird. It's pretty insane.

Advertisements

------------------