[juke/footwork/808] fidelium - "tryna catch tha beat"
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 21-06-2018, 08:50 AM   #1
fidelium
IDMf's Asshole
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
New Orleans
MC Status: 90550220
Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,166 Posts
[juke/footwork/808] fidelium - "tryna catch tha beat"

working on stuff and a project went this direction. I love the style but I guess I'm not really sure where to take it next... dirty ass synths and shit or keep it percussiony and variate the vocals and beat? not even sure if I'll work on it more. didn't have a lot of time to mix it well, needs a lot of fine tuning. anyway thanks for listening

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
youre our asshole
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [juke/footwork/808] fidelium - "tryna catch tha beat".
Old 21-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
Tsachi
IDMf Artist
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 20360
Re: [juke/footwork/808] fidelium - "tryna catch tha beat"

Why not both? I have a soft spot for footwork, so far cool sample and patterns. Maybe add some more samples like pads and ambient-like environment sounds, or your own recordings of synth and chop and repitch it or whatever, and do some patterns with those. I feel like that would help carry the narrative forward/elevate and evolve the feeling, whatever those may be.
Also, tryna to catch seems like typo? Que?

------------------
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 08:20 PM   #3
PPNDP
Soundwave Mangler
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760

Hi,
it sounds a bit raw for now. The beat is dope. Try add some solid bassline, keys and background pads. Vary it with some sounds. Vocal cuts seems to be interesting too, you can make it with vocoder for example?
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #4
fidelium
IDMf's Asshole
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
New Orleans
MC Status: 90550220
Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsachi View Post
Why not both? I have a soft spot for footwork, so far cool sample and patterns. Maybe add some more samples like pads and ambient-like environment sounds, or your own recordings of synth and chop and repitch it or whatever, and do some patterns with those. I feel like that would help carry the narrative forward/elevate and evolve the feeling, whatever those may be.
Also, tryna to catch seems like typo? Que?
AH FUCK BALLS thank you for catching that!

thanks so much for your input! I always have a softspot for this style... it's hard to move beyond just the raw beat/vocal sound. need to listen to more addison groove et al for inspiration. it's definitely outside my normal direction compositionally (though I incorporate it in every single live mix I perform/record)

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
youre our asshole
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 11:11 AM   #5
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45976998
Thanked 1,423 Times in 1,072 Posts

just to add to what others said, I would accent the kick with another sample, and add a scouch of stereo seperation for the higher frequency sounds like for the hats and the snare while keeping the low end normal and maybe add a low order mono phaser for the kick...also i was going to suggest to pitch shift the vocals but that would be too cheesy

Last edited by Br/ainfu+ked; 24-06-2018 at 11:19 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote