Welcome to the IDMf050 Open Genre Compilations
This is IT, the 50th release on the netlabel and what better way of celebrating this milestone than a classic Open Genre Compilation?
Submission close in a month, get creating!
Read the following rules carefully:
1) By submitting an entry for the competition you are confirming that you have read and understood all the rules. (well, duh)
2) Peak audio level is -6DB. Yup, 6DB Headroom. Any entries with less than this at any point in the track will not be accepted. "My dog ate my mixing levels" is not an acceptable excuse, nor is "I was channeling Kanye".
3) No plugins on your master channel. That includes compression and limiting. There should be no FX whatsoever on the master channel. Entries that are accepted for release on the Netlabel will be mastered and anything you put on the master channel will mess this up. Tracks with Master channel FX will not be accepted.
4) Once you submit your entry for the competition, you are giving the IDMf NetLabel exclusive rights to publish the track. You are making a commitment that you will not send the submitted track to anyone else for publication and that you will not release it yourself. If not selected for the release, all rights pass back to you on the day the album is released. If you submit an entry for the competition it is taken as confirmation that you have read and understand this.
5) Include a contact email address in the info part of the track along with a clear indication that it is for the compilation.
6) Include a contact email address in the info part of the track along with a clear indication that it is for the compilation. Yeh, really, this one went in twice.
7) All tracks submitted must be shared privately from a soundcloud link to the label email here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Any not privately shared or those that have been public before with many plays and/or downloads will automatically disqualify you from the compilation selection process.
If you don't have a soundcloud account, other streaming services are fine as long as they offer equal ease and functionality to soundcloud - namely the ability to preview the track, the ability to share privately, and the ability to download the track in full lossless quality.
8) All tracks must be submitted in WAV or AIFF format, with a minimum quality of 44100/24bit sample rate.
9) When you create the file for your track (before uploading) name it with your full artist name, track title and forum name too. AGAIN MAKE SURE TO DO THIS OR YOUR SUB MAY WELL GET LOST AND FORGOTTEN. Have some professionalism with your final master for submission please. If we can't keep track of who subbed what, good tracks might get left off.
10) No remixes. This seems like a no-brainer but you'd be surprised. If you use any sample, it is your responsibility to clear it for usage, in case of any copyright claim, your track will be removed;
11) Include a contact email address in the info part of the track along with a clear indication that it is for the compilation. Three times now, has it gone in yet? I bet for a few it still hasn't
All entries are to be received by the IDMf netlabel no later than 11:59pm 24/06/2018 GMT+1 . Note: Received, not sent.
If you have difficulty working out what time of day that is (this is not sarcasm, people in different time-zones often have problems), make sure to submit at least the day before. Don't waste anyone's time arguing if you submit late, the trolls that wear the mantle of moderator will find you adorable but dismiss your entry. Pointing and laughing may ensue.
We receive a lot of submissions for these compilations so be aware that any entries not meeting the above requirements may mean your music will not be considered. It is 100% YOUR responsibility to make sure you do this. Don't shoot yourself in the foot after working so hard on your music.
We're very much looking forward to hearing what everyone comes up with over the next couple of months. Good luck all!