Which DAW to choose? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 21-05-2018, 11:04 PM   #61
Artificer
Deep Underground
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 45160
Re: Which DAW to choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aethervagrant View Post
As a total noob trying to find what I like best and how to approach this beast of a hobby, Ive become a bit of a DAWwhore. As of right now Im not exactly proficient in any of them, but I greatly enjoy REnoise for playing my drum and percussion sequences and short melodies , and its sampler and effects are amazing, i bounce those to audio and arrange, add modulations, found audio samples, in FL Studio. Ableton Live seems the most fun to trigger loops and backing tracks and jam along with, but ive yet to arrange anything in it.
I think that's totally the right mentality. They all have free trials and they all have different high and low points and workflows. It's all about what works best for you.

There's also nothing wrong with using more than one DAW, either via Rewire or just exporting tracks/stems. I do most of my writing and sound design in Ableton because I love the tools, but I record and mixdown in Reaper because Ableton's mixer sucks nuts and Reaper's routing is great and it's scriptable.

Advertisements

------------------
"It doesn't dry out your skin like soap doesn't."

- Dirk Colon, 2017
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #62
Mea Thrills
IDMf's latest spammer
Mea Thrills is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Which DAW to choose?

Ableton is great for turning your ideas to reality quickly. I've switched from logic and it made a big difference. However logic still works better for mixing.

Advertisements

Mea Thrills is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote