VCV - Free open source virtual Eurorack! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #41
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269481558
Thanked 3,159 Times in 2,091 Posts
Re: VCV - Free open source virtual Eurorack!

I only found something about a developer cloning Maths and selling it for $35, not sure that's what he's referring to.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Edit: I'd actually pay for some Make Noise VCV Rack modules.

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
A.M (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 06:51 PM   #42
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 19960

Ah yes, those are the modules. Problem is, the guy apparently didn´t ask Make Noise for permission and he isnt´t even answering them regarding the situation.
It´s all on the Muff and Facebook.

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Schnork
A.M (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #43
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 204810
Thanked 4,096 Times in 3,041 Posts

Thanks guys..appreciate the follow up.

@ Auto: Yeah..that looks well worth it..tempting. Shit, wish I'd come across it before you guys drew my attention to the fact it's a "knock off" of sorts. Still..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #44
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.

Befaco Rampage is quite similar

------------------
Old 01-02-2018, 10:05 PM   #45
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Befaco Rampage is quite similar
Rampage is amongst other Befaco modules included in VCV Rack.

Btw which mixer module are you guys using for mixing signals into the Audio Interface module? I'm using the one from Befaco which was there since the beginning.
Any better choices I've missed?

------------------
Old 01-02-2018, 10:53 PM   #46
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Tbh, I'm just starting out with this..haven't touched it since I downloaded it..opened it a few times , but never really spent any serious time on it..but I'm jumping into it now and see what I can do with it.

------------------
Old 03-02-2018, 06:47 AM   #47
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
on uranus looking for klingons!
MC Status: 329128550
Thanked 1,761 Times in 1,210 Posts

its pretty killer man,been messing with it for a bit.man its something else.you will see.
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Rixtr
A.M (03-02-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 09:18 PM   #48
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixtr View Post
its pretty killer man,been messing with it for a bit.man its something else.you will see.
Yeah..think I'm beginning to. Was farting around with that Gate thingy for a few hours late last night..didn't really record anything, but..boy..was it fun! Got some really interesting sounds going with it.

I feel this is going to be one of those "lifetime to master" things, though..in a good way. Like you port over what you know from using synths and apply it to the rack system, but you need to kinda think in a different way to get where you want to go..obviously.

There's been a lot of fumbling around to see "what dose this thing do if I plug this in there" kinda of thing..but it's coming together..slowly..I think. I kinda get now why folks get hooked on the whole euro-rack thing.

------------------
Old 03-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #49
Schnork
IDMf Artist

Besides that this software somehow makes people forget they're actually just moving the mouse around, it also sounds amazing!
Try for example Vessek (VA OSC), or Trummor (Drum Voice) from Vult (basically everything from Vult is ace!) or the MI modules or the Befaco stuff.

------------------
Thanks to Schnork
A.M (03-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 01:03 AM   #50
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

The Vult modules are excellent, keep your sampler at the ready and go!

------------------
Thanks to Automageddon
A.M (04-02-2018)
Old 23-04-2018, 05:17 AM   #51
stray medicine
Binch
stray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MC
Minneapolis
MC Status: 20460

I can't seem to get it to work in a DAW, it appears in my VST list but won't open in Ableton. Standalone works just fine though.. I'm gonna keep trying to get this one to work, looks worth it.
stray medicine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:45 PM   #52
A.M

Slightly off topic, but still related..I see music producer / software developer Björn Arlt, of [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
fame, is currently working on a VST modular synth called ModulAir. For anyone who hasn't heard of Björn before, the guy has a long and respected history, when it comes to making VSTs and has in the past taken part in the KVR challenge, ModulAir isn't released yet, but the demo vid looks and sounds promising. One to keep an eye on I think.

As you can see, it lacks patch cables, but still seems to capture the basic essence of a modular system very well. Not sure though if this will be offered free, like most of his other programs. But, if his past offerings are anything to go by, then this should be worth grabbing when it comes out.

------------------
Old 30-05-2018, 09:12 AM   #53
Automageddon
Administrator
Less kids, more synths.

This seems to be a good idea, for both users and hardware manufacturer
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Thanks to Automageddon
A.M (30-05-2018)