Plugin Botique - Ozone 8 Elements Free
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Go Back » The Studio » The Studio
Old 11-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199653418
Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,258 Posts
Plugin Botique - Ozone 8 Elements Free

Saw this in my e mail this morning. Buy any plugin from plugin botique, even $1 plugs, and receive Izotope Ozone Elements 8 free of charge.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Best deal on the block I think, if you’re into that kind of thing.

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
Parricide (13-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 20560
Re: Plugin Botique - Ozone 8 Elements Free

Last month Pluginboutique had Ozone Elements for 29$, then it was available as content on the german Beat Magazine for 6,99€ and now itcomes free with any purchase at Pluginboutique^

Wasn't the first price drop already over two months ago - from 129€ to 89€ or smt?

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217360
Thanked 4,347 Times in 3,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post
Last month Pluginboutique had Ozone Elements for 29$, then it was available as content on the german Beat Magazine for 6,99€ and now itcomes free with any purchase at Pluginboutique^

Wasn't the first price drop already over two months ago - from 129€ to 89€ or smt?
Like NI, I susspect we're going to see a new updated version hit the town sometime soon..that's what they usually do, isn't it..pull the price rug from under something, before they hit folks with the newer version.

That said, they're still selling it for 4129 0n their main site.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MC
MC Status: 10360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post

They do everything to make new customers addicted for sure, but the pricing stunts feels different for already existing customers. It's a good deal and I still use a lot of Ozone 7, but the iZotope update/upgrade pricing and bundle switching and rebundling policies suck imho, so I'm currently instead trying to replace all my iZotope stuff (not so easy especially for RX 6, though ^^ ).

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:22 PM   #5
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199653418
Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Like NI, I susspect we're going to see a new updated version hit the town sometime soon..that's what they usually do, isn't it..pull the price rug from under something, before they hit folks with the newer version.
Yeah, my thought exactly.

Ozone 9 must be right around the corner otherwise they wouldn’t just be giving this away. Try and hook a thousand new users this way, some would pay an upgrade price for 9 who never would have bought in at full price, Izotope wins.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
A.M (11-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 01:06 AM   #6
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105322839
Thanked 1,094 Times in 849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Saw this in my e mail this morning. Buy any plugin from plugin botique, even $1 plugs, and receive Izotope Ozone Elements 8 free of charge.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Best deal on the block I think, if you’re into that kind of thing.
You are one of the hippest cats around. I'm curious to try out the ultra mega mega analog session 2.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i prefer the sage. makes me truly believe the unbelievable.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jVs
RFJ (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 10:11 AM   #7
Vault O)))
Vegan destroyer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 68110
Thanked 1,362 Times in 885 Posts

Does this actually come with the maximizer? They have a hard time explaining elements in a nutshell on their official website
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:51 AM   #8
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217360
Thanked 4,347 Times in 3,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Does this actually come with the maximizer? They have a hard time explaining elements in a nutshell on their official website
Yeah..sort of..it's basically a stripped down version of Ozone 8, that gives you 4 of the 8 features from the Maximizer. There's also a few other things missing from it, but the main thing you're getting is the Mastering Assistant and that works just fine.

I had a problem scanning it into my host, when I pointed my host..MuLab from Mutools.com.. to my VST folder after installation. MuLab correctly told me the file I was pointing it to wasn't a VST file, iZOzone8Ellements.dll, so I contacted iZotope support and got a reply back telling me they didn't support MuLab and that I should buy/download Reaper instead and that their products won't work properly with unsupported DAWs..even though I'd told them I have a number of their products running in MuLab without any issue at all. Not much help there really.

So I took it to the MuLab forum over on KVR, where it was quickly pointed out to me that I was trying to scan in the wrong file..I should have been pointing MuLab to Ozone8Elelments.dll instead. I followed the advice and now Elements is running just fine without any problems.

The question that nobody seems to be able to answer is just what the hell is iZOzone8Ellements.dll and why is it being installed into my VST folder in the first place, if it's not even a VST? I mean, the installer puts a load of other files into the main iZotope folder..so why stick that file there? I've never seen any other company install a non-vst dll file into my vst folder before now.

I asked iZotope support about this, but so far have gotten no answer back from them.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:30 AM   #9
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MC
MC Status: 10360

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I've never seen any other company install a non-vst dll file into my vst folder before now.

I asked iZotope support about this, but so far have gotten no answer back from them.

Yeah, interesting point. They do it for all plugins and I thought about that before, too. Makes plugin management more complicated if you are into moving and renaming things. Might be related to copyright protection? The iZ... .dll files seem to be the main plugins with bigger and varying file size and should not be renamed since the "normal" VST plugin .dll files with smaller size seem to depend on those.

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Metaside
A.M (12-09-2018)
Old 14-09-2018, 08:32 AM   #10
palmspalms
Analog Lurker
palmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to behold
Lodz
MC Status: 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Yep, includes an EQ, imager, and limiter/maximizer. The imager is totally limited - the full Ozone lets you split bands of frequencies and give them separate stereo imaging - here you get only 1 band - i.e. the whole track. Limiter works fine to me and has the most needed options included. And no compressor here in the chain.

------------------
palmspalms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to palmspalms
Vault O))) (14-09-2018)
Old 26-09-2018, 06:13 PM   #11
MFXxx
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1847727
Thanked 1,045 Times in 704 Posts

Im going to add to this. Today I simply sent them a support request stating couldnt find a plugin update - 2 mins later received free Izotope Elements 8 code.

Not bad so worth a punt if you make an account and send a random support contact inquiry see what happens

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote