Text to Speech
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:21 AM   #1
Plague
Analog Lurker
Plague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud of
Munich
MC Status: 1260
Text to Speech

Hi!

Can I use spoken samples made with text to speech function in my songs without hurting copyright?
Is it fair use?

Edward

Advertisements

------------------
Plague is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:35 AM   #2
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105322839
Thanked 1,094 Times in 849 Posts
Re: Text to Speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague View Post
Hi!

Can I use spoken samples made with text to speech function in my songs without hurting copyright?
Is it fair use?

Edward
Dude I think as long as you're not cashing in on intellectual properties, You're good.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i prefer the sage. makes me truly believe the unbelievable.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jVs
Plague (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 07:02 AM   #3
Plague
Analog Lurker
Plague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud ofPlague has much to be proud of
Munich

Quote:
Originally Posted by jVs View Post
Dude I think as long as you're not cashing in on intellectual properties, You're good.
Well I do, but under 50 $

------------------
Old 10-09-2018, 07:48 AM   #4
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 35960

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

That will be licensed for commercial use for sure. But I don't see a problem with it with other generators either.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
Plague (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #5
Plague
Analog Lurker
Munich

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

That will be licensed for commercial use for sure. But I don't see a problem with it with other generators either.
Chipspeech sounds like a cool speech generator. I just used apple text to speech.

------------------
Thanks to Plague
jVs (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #6
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105322839
Thanked 1,094 Times in 849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague View Post
Chipspeech sounds like a cool speech generator. I just used apple text to speech.
I cant remember the name of it but back in the early parts of the 2000's I found the most generically awesome 3rd party text to speech (FL Studio eventually had the text to speech on lock by version 5) Anyway, It stood out among others simply because you would literally have to type out the word as it would be pronounced, I find humor in it looking back now because to see the letters typed would lead any cold blooded grammar notsee to commit ritual hari-kiri.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i prefer the sage. makes me truly believe the unbelievable.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jVs
Vault O))) (11-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 10:58 PM   #7
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the desert.
MC Status: 421886329
Thanked 5,167 Times in 2,989 Posts

Vocaloids, baby.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:21 AM   #8
Vault O)))
Vegan destroyer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 68110
Thanked 1,362 Times in 885 Posts

Another option is to wait for a deal on Vocalsynth or something and just talk into whatever shitty mic you have around. You'll get that same effect but without digital stuttering or stammering
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:28 AM   #9
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7239079

Only if you are capable of such greatness as this:

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 08:37 AM   #10
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18051769
Thanked 1,035 Times in 780 Posts

it depends on which particular one and the terms of use. but personally i would just go ahead and do it. unless you are selling a million copies they probably wont even notice.

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote