[Experimental Dubstep] Outsider x Chaotix - Keres
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-09-2018, 04:02 AM   #1
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 753450
[Experimental Dubstep] Outsider x Chaotix - Keres

We've been sitting on this for about 5 months because we don't really know what else to add to it, so we might just post as is. Some weird darker styled 140ish stuffs.

Advertisements

------------------
Chaotix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Chaotix
Iyashi Sound (15-09-2018)
Rate this track - [Experimental Dubstep] Outsider x Chaotix - Keres.
Old 14-09-2018, 04:49 AM   #2
BentAtoms
Granular Poster
BentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant future
Vancouver, BC
MC Status: 1510
Re: [Experimental Dubstep] Outsider x Chaotix - Keres

This is some exemplary stuff, man! Your layering is really impressive, and there are some super creative sounds in there. It reminds me a bit of Trifonic in the depth you manage to put into your textures.

How do you manage to get it so articulate while maintaining production value? I always found that I get overwhelmed once my projects start getting too full, and I end up sacrificing one or the other.
BentAtoms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
psyber
Granular Poster
psyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1710

This sounds really good, love the dark vibe. That eastern horn instrument all mangled up with the beat sounds really cool.

I don't know if it's maybe SoundClouds OTT compression, or if it was intentional, but at places, it sounds a little too distorted and some sounds get momentarily lost. It's as if everythign's a little too compressed and too loud, and there's less dynamics in loudness of sounds, but I couldn't download that track to hear the full-quality, but either way it sounded epic!
psyber is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 09:14 PM   #4
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyber View Post
This sounds really good, love the dark vibe. That eastern horn instrument all mangled up with the beat sounds really cool.

I don't know if it's maybe SoundClouds OTT compression, or if it was intentional, but at places, it sounds a little too distorted and some sounds get momentarily lost. It's as if everythign's a little too compressed and too loud, and there's less dynamics in loudness of sounds, but I couldn't download that track to hear the full-quality, but either way it sounded epic!
No you were completely right about the compression. I had been working on it all day and had kind of just fatigued the hell out of my ears. I listened the next day and thought the exact same thing. I've since toned it down a lot.

Thanks for the good ear! haha

------------------
Old 14-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAtoms View Post
This is some exemplary stuff, man! Your layering is really impressive, and there are some super creative sounds in there. It reminds me a bit of Trifonic in the depth you manage to put into your textures.

How do you manage to get it so articulate while maintaining production value? I always found that I get overwhelmed once my projects start getting too full, and I end up sacrificing one or the other.
It usually takes me awhile but i'll play around with tons of different samples layered with my basses. Usually just weird stuff like vinyl distortion, crackles, weird foley sounds. I really like using mechanical sounds a lot.

Drills, machine arms moving.

And i usually just cut it all up and layer them all over my basses. It kind of adds to the i guess atmospheric sound of all the ressampled basses.

I tend to use quite a bit of delays and reverbs too to create atmosphere.

Hope that helps! and thanks for the input!

------------------
Old 16-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #6
T.I.L.I.D.I.N.
Minor Glitch
T.I.L.I.D.I.N. is currently spamming hard
Berlin, Germany
MC Status: 10

Hey Chaotix,

scary, weird and angry ... I like it. Really cool sound design and still a "song". Sound is perfect.

Best Regards,
T.I.L.I.D.I.N.
T.I.L.I.D.I.N. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #7
psyber
Granular Poster
psyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
No you were completely right about the compression. I had been working on it all day and had kind of just fatigued the hell out of my ears. I listened the next day and thought the exact same thing. I've since toned it down a lot.

Thanks for the good ear! haha
Yeah that sounds so much better! Nicely done!

I know what you mean about the ear fatigue. It's like you're in so deep that you can't take a step back and see the bigger picture, and lose the ability to listen objectively, as if the whole track is in your brain's short-term memory and you start hearing what you expect to hear, rather than what it actually sounds like, if that makes sense?

Anywho, great stuff man love the mystical dark vibe.
psyber is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 02:34 PM   #8
palmspalms
Analog Lurker
palmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to behold
Lodz
MC Status: 660

This sounds really PRO! The sound effects, transitions, those little repeats are super cool - sometimes I almost feel like it's too much of effects, but then... nah, still sounding great! And oh - the mix / mastering is dope here (listening on speakers in a noisy room).

------------------
palmspalms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 07:35 AM   #9
Helium Paste
Minor Glitch
Helium Paste is a jewel in the roughHelium Paste is a jewel in the roughHelium Paste is a jewel in the rough
Cape Town
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
It usually takes me awhile but i'll play around with tons of different samples layered with my basses. Usually just weird stuff like vinyl distortion, crackles, weird foley sounds. I really like using mechanical sounds a lot.

Drills, machine arms moving.

And i usually just cut it all up and layer them all over my basses. It kind of adds to the i guess atmospheric sound of all the ressampled basses.

I tend to use quite a bit of delays and reverbs too to create atmosphere.

Hope that helps! and thanks for the input!
Thanks for the tip!

I took your advice about trying tons of different samples and cutting them up. It really creates interesting moods and textures.

Advertisements

Helium Paste is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote