Hi, I'm Lucindo from São Paulo
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Introduce Yourself Say hello to our other members. Give us a little about yourself and what you're interested in. Tell us about the music you like to make and listen to.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
lucindo_
IDMf's latest spammer
lucindo_ has a spectacular aura aboutlucindo_ has a spectacular aura aboutlucindo_ has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
Icon6 Hi, I'm Lucindo from São Paulo

Hi Everyone, I'd like to introduce myself and tell you a bit more on why I want to hang around here.

I'm an artist from São Paulo, Brazil who's been producing for a bit now. I'm somewhat active in the Brazilian scene and actually got to do some pretty cool stuff (two Novas Frequencies fests, Red Bull Bass Camp ages ago, etc etc). I suppose I'm after being a better musician and being more "successful" (whatever that means for music in 2018) and I reckon talking to people who I don't know personally can open up some pretty cool possibilities.

The music I make is kinda all over the place in the sense that I switch genres and styles based on the project. So far I've made Techno, tape music, ambient, some pop etc etc. It only has to be weird and out of shape somehow lol. I dunno if it's ok to post some of my stuff here (no links), but I'd love get some feedback on my released stuff from you guys. Here we go:

[B]Iridescent - Obsidiana (2014)
[/B
Fluxxx is/was a music label I used to run with a friend of mine, and along with other artists we released our own shit. Obsidiana was my first one there, a lo-fi techno record using pop song samples as starting point. Things from Broadcast to Van Morrison make up quite a few of the tracks on here.

Lucindo - Processual (2015)

First one under my real (sur)name. Quite a personal one too. Made during a break up, released during the subsequent breakup. From ambient to vaporware and some techno in there. Imposed a limitation of having one day to get the tracks down. Hence, it has its flaws but I quite enjoy it.

Fruto - II (2017)

Fruto is a project with a friend of mine who produces like his life depends on it in all genres you can think of. This one is a one-track, twenty minute long chop-and-screw of a telenovela soundtrack from 1983. So it's pretty much vaporwave with a Brazilian twist.

Lucindo - Facebook (2017)

Facebook was based on rejected project for the CTM festival. No programming here, just manipulating samples fed into Ableton from Facebook/Youtube thru Soundflower.

você é um sampler humano - 3 peças...

This one was the beginning of a project I started to just get weird things out with no pressure, in a semi-anonymous way. I abandoned it along with everything else last year, but intend to start dumping weird little pieces here very soon. This one got reviewed by TinyMixTapes so we could say it's my critically acclaimed record LOL.

----------

I'm actually getting back to producing after one year off. Multiple reasons for that. Most importantly, I had my Macbook stolen when I was leaving a late night gig, and needless to say I had backed up about 10% of the material I had in there. I was also broke and drinking way too much. Burning out on scene shit (I'm too old for that, honestly) and the privilege that drives it. I suppose it's like this all around the world, but in São Paulo it's unreal. We have a scene full of artists who could be releasing amazing stuff on international labels, but careers are generally hindered by "influential" people who are mostly well off and looking out for their friends. So I also needed to take a step back from that. I focused on my daytime job as a ESL teacher and on saving up for a new Mac. And then I got bitten by the bug again, and I'm back to making a bit of music everyday and just really having a blast with it. Having terrible difficulties in finishing anything AT ALL after two months, but the important thing is that the joy is back.

So anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to talk about nerdy tech gear shit with you

Advertisements

lucindo_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
Mark Ames
Microknight
Mark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud of
Ventura County California
MC Status: 1160
Re: Hi, I'm Lucindo from São Paulo

Well... that was quite an introduction.

Nice vibe here. Helpful people and a reasonably managed structure to keep spam and trolls at bay.

Read the rules.. it will save you time.

Since you have some considerable experience I suggest you go to the Listening Booth and help out some fellow composers with advice, opinions constructive criticism and of course encouragement.

After a while... you get to post as well and the favor is returned.

It helped me. I’ll be back for more.

Oh ... and Welcome!
Mark Ames is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:21 AM   #3
lucindo_
IDMf's latest spammer
lucindo_ has a spectacular aura aboutlucindo_ has a spectacular aura aboutlucindo_ has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Ha,yes, I suppose I can be accused of overextending sometimes!

Will check out people's work for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ames View Post
Well... that was quite an introduction.

Nice vibe here. Helpful people and a reasonably managed structure to keep spam and trolls at bay.

Read the rules.. it will save you time.

Since you have some considerable experience I suggest you go to the Listening Booth and help out some fellow composers with advice, opinions constructive criticism and of course encouragement.

After a while... you get to post as well and the favor is returned.

It helped me. I’ll be back for more.

Oh ... and Welcome!
lucindo_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 10:33 PM   #4
nostromer
IDMf Artist
nostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MC
Salt Lake City
MC Status: 339894

Welcome! Sounds like you have a diverse range of capabilities. I look forward to checking out some of your stuff (potentially your soundcloud, if you have one.)

Cheers!

------------------
where all my cyberpunk homies @?
nostromer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 11:56 PM   #5
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18051769
Thanked 1,035 Times in 780 Posts

wow. i think you might be posting a lot around here welcome

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote