[French House]Groovy house track - Lower your standards
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
Danny_Graves
Soundwave Mangler
Danny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MC
MC Status: 98471
[French House]Groovy house track - Lower your standards

I've been into sampling the last few months and I really really dig electric basses with some slap la Daft Punk/Justice, so I think I'm into something here. What do you guys think?

I've only listened to this with 2 different headphones on two different sound cards, so I know it's not really mastered or anything. I'm just thinking that this could be a really sweet track, but sometimes you get blind from countless hours of producing. I just saw some kid on youtube who was AMAZING on the guitar, but his 'note hearing' (dunno the word) was awful. It just sounded like angels on speed puking and growling at eachother, just terrible. My point is I don't want to head in that direction.

Thanks guys!

Advertisements

------------------
You can find my latest solo projects on http://www.soundcloud.com/d_graves
Danny_Graves is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [French House]Groovy house track - Lower your standards.
Old 23-11-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
Isris
Soundwave Mangler
Isris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MC
Birmingham
MC Status: 628909
Re: [French House]Groovy house track - Lower your standards

NIce track.

Crit:

At 0:43 it all gets much quieter an takes away from the dynamic of the track.

The vox sounds really fake, a beter sample would help if possible.

The electric bass needs keeping in dynamic line a little better.

ElFa

------------------
Isris is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
Danny_Graves
Soundwave Mangler
Danny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MCDanny_Graves is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Fables View Post
NIce track.

Crit:

At 0:43 it all gets much quieter an takes away from the dynamic of the track.

The vox sounds really fake, a beter sample would help if possible.

The electric bass needs keeping in dynamic line a little better.

ElFa
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah I'm going to edit the EQ alot and also add some filters on the channels.

I will hopefully use less of the vox/sweeps and go more into snare/conga/reversed cymbals for drops.

Have you got any idea on how to keep the baseline in a better line than to just lower/raise the volume/EQ?

------------------
Old 23-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Isris
Soundwave Mangler
Isris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MCIsris is a savage MC
Birmingham
MC Status: 628909

I would say use a compressor at about 5:1 with a threshold that drops it by about 4 - 6db, then a limiter to even out about another 3db.

------------------
Isris is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Robert Solva
Robert Solva is a savage MCRobert Solva is a savage MCRobert Solva is a savage MCRobert Solva is a savage MCRobert Solva is a savage MCRobert Solva is a savage MCRobert Solva is a savage MCRobert Solva is a savage MCRobert Solva is a savage MCRobert Solva is a savage MCRobert Solva is a savage MC
MC Status: 164686

nice funky bass,
to me it still sounds a little empty though..,
some extra percussion, or a lead/pad would be nice :-)
nice work on the bass though.

------------------
Robert Solva is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
illestrait
Granular Poster
illestrait is currently spamming hard
San Diego
MC Status: 11

Definitely good work on the bass. I think harmonizing a little bit would help the track a lot. Others mention it sounds a little empty, and i think adding more elements on the drums would help a lot. Other than that the build ups are good! I see the potential here too, your headed in the right direction. If you have a chance to return some feedback it would be greatly appreciated. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
illestrait is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
Danny_Graves
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Fables View Post
I would say use a compressor at about 5:1 with a threshold that drops it by about 4 - 6db, then a limiter to even out about another 3db.
I'll try that out tonight. The bad thing is I haven't been much for mastering even though it's super important if people should be able to listen to your creations.

I'm trying to use as many of Abletons original compressors and filters as possible, since my knowledge about mastering is pretty bad. When I'm supposed to master something, I use different spectrums on each channel to make the Hz hit at the right keynote, then I just go by hearing when it comes to volumes and such.

Are there any important things you should consider when mastering? I don't need to be an expert at it, cause' I'm not really that interested in the last touches of the song.. But still it would be sweet to know the crucial things about it.. Got any tips? Thanks for the feedback man!

------------------
Old 25-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Danny_Graves
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Solva View Post
nice funky bass,
to me it still sounds a little empty though..,
some extra percussion, or a lead/pad would be nice :-)
nice work on the bass though.
Thanks man. I know it's a little empty, I haven't really started on the high frequencies yet I will probably add more congas, another snare, add another bassdrum for fills.

For the melody I'm thinking of using electric guitar riffs, probably muted ones, in the style of disco or blues. We'll see

Thanks for the feedback man!

Advertisements

------------------