InTheAM - Masquerade Night Mix
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Members Live Sets Post your live sets & gig recordings here.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:19 PM   #1
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8584080
Thanked 7,863 Times in 5,531 Posts
InTheAM - Masquerade Night Mix

This is a practice mix I recorded for an upcoming gig. The promoters are having a "masquerade night" and this mix of songs, more or less, will be included. I defo need to tighten some things up, but turns out its kinda like riding a bike.

Ok, I can't be fucked to figure out how to embed this shizz right now...its a 45 minute mix so if you are in for the long haul, I assume you'll just click a link.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by relic; 02-07-2018 at 02:41 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - InTheAM - Masquerade Night Mix.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:39 AM   #2
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 36210
Re: InTheAM - Masquerade Night Mix

I clicked through it, sounded like it came out pretty well. Pretty good tropical beach vibe if that's what you were aiming for. Really solid vibe actually.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:53 AM   #3
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I clicked through it, sounded like it came out pretty well. Pretty good tropical beach vibe if that's what you were aiming for. Really solid vibe actually.

Its for a Pagan/hippie festival that is used to live bands and drummers around a fire, so... : )

And I do appreciate the click through...I know 45 minutes is a commitment. Vibe is what I pride myself on most.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 05-06-2018, 09:27 AM   #4
HalfTrek
Analog Lurker
HalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2060

Voodoo Ray, starting out with a classic

Intended a quick click through, but stuck around for some tunes, so this is based on a thorough click through. Will have a full listen when I have the time since there is some nice stuff in there. Really like the first 31 minutes. That eclectic vibe fits well around the campfire on a hot summer night I reckon!

Some other constructive (well hopefully) first impressions:

Personally on the track that comes out around 31:16 i'm losing interest. That beat is nice but too sparse for too long for my taste. Unless it is a transition in to deeper territory, but considering what comes after that is not the direction you are taking it.

After that the mix starts really winding down, and would have me going to get drinks/food whatever. Or just have a sit down. Don't know if this is intended or not. It's nice to have a chill out once in a while, so not a bad thing but it is quite a long block and it totally takes the dancing vibe out for me. But again maybe this is intended. And I should have a better listen to that part, really skimmed that.

--> Ok to add to this, while writing put that part on. And there a some cool tracks in there. I think for me the 31.15 stuff and the flute after are what really kills my initial interest.

Another idea, maybe consider moving California Girls up further a long as a fun surprise? I feel now it come's in pretty quickly and is a bit oddball in that place. Like put it in before some of the hiphop stuff? Or before the winding down bit (you could totally reverb that out in to some of the laidback tracks)

Overall I think it is going to be a very fun mix that will fit the vibe well

Cheers
HalfTrek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to HalfTrek
relic (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 04:09 PM   #5
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Thanks HalfTrek. I was unsure of some of the song selections/what happened to the energy part way through. Ill come back and respond further when I get to a keyboard.

Yea, I agree there is a big energy, probably exactly where you say. I'll check out those more chilled out tracks and see what I can maybe replace them with. That one flute track might be kind of awful, lol. This is for a hippie/pagan festival so I'm trying to cater to what I think people might enjoy. This will be my seventh or eighth year attending, first time as a performer.

I think you are right that I played the California Girls track way too early, I should save that for a bit later on. I truly appreciate the feedback. I knew something was up with the later 1/3 of the mix, there is a pretty big tempo drop/switch over to half-time ish tracks, but I think its more as you say, the tracks are just overall too mellow.

Last edited by relic; 05-06-2018 at 05:30 PM..

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Thanks to relic
HalfTrek (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 05:37 PM   #6
HalfTrek
Analog Lurker
HalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Thanks HalfTrek. I was unsure of some of the song selections/what happened to the energy part way through. Ill come back and respond further when I get to a keyboard.

No problem. Was going to put in another listen and edit my post, already listened to most of again it when doing some stuff around the house. And listening on my stereo speakers (instead of monitors at my computer) and not being in a rush like with the first skip through this morning did make it feel like i was being a bit nitpicky with the track at 31.5 perhaps. It sounds less clinical on my home set, and when you are doing something else the length is not such a big deal. Also found the transitions there and around the flute track really nice!

But going out to do some gardening now so don't know if i'll have the time tonight.
Thanks to HalfTrek
relic (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 05:44 PM   #7
HalfTrek
Analog Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Yea, I agree there is a big energy, probably exactly where you say. I'll check out those more chilled out tracks and see what I can maybe replace them with. That one flute track might be kind of awful, lol. This is for a hippie/pagan festival so I'm trying to cater to what I think people might enjoy. This will be my seventh or eighth year attending, first time as a performer.

I think you are right that I played the California Girls track way too early, I should save that for a bit later on. I truly appreciate the feedback. I knew something was up with the later 1/3 of the mix, there is a pretty big tempo drop/switch over to half-time ish tracks, but I think its more as you say, the tracks are just overall too mellow.

Haha, ok you sniped me there dude

I didn't think the tracks are that bad in the later third. Could see (maybe somewhat intoxicated..) hippies swaying to them. Except for the hiphop track maybe, which has more of a party vibe. But it is definitely a different kind of energy. Now I feel I would need to listen again. but really should go while there is still some sun out
Old 02-07-2018, 12:13 AM   #8
Uncle Q
IDMf's latest spammer
Uncle Q will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

He bro, total noob here in the forum but I was tring to listen to the mix. Unfortunatly I guess I came in too late because it seems like you've taken it down. From reading the coments it sounded like it would be a preety good mix for a masquerade. Just heard a bit from your funk mix in your signature. That sounded really good as well but Im not a big funk person myself, I honestly wouldnt even know what type of party to even play that kind of music at, I guess an older wedding or somethinf? lol but good job anyways
Uncle Q is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Uncle Q
relic (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #9
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 7460

What's up with the link? I take it that mix in your sig is the same one?

------------------
Optimal Prime & Mavamatics - Hypnosis feat. Mc Longman [Seismic Theory]

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Optimal Prime
relic (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 02:41 PM   #10
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal Prime View Post
What's up with the link? I take it that mix in your sig is the same one?

I've actually taken the mix down as there were too many rough transitions for it to be public. I've been practicing and have gotten my chops up more so. I still wouldn't feel ready for a proper dance music gig, but for a general audience who is used to drum circles and bands, I feel pretty good about where I'm at.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The above mix is made from the same pool of songs I'll be playing for this masquerade party at the festival I'm DJing at in a couple weeks.

The one in my sig is a sample for the Disco/Funk party we are doing.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 02-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #11
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Q View Post
He bro, total noob here in the forum but I was tring to listen to the mix. Unfortunatly I guess I came in too late because it seems like you've taken it down. From reading the coments it sounded like it would be a preety good mix for a masquerade. Just heard a bit from your funk mix in your signature. That sounded really good as well but Im not a big funk person myself, I honestly wouldnt even know what type of party to even play that kind of music at, I guess an older wedding or somethinf? lol but good job anyways

Hey man. Thanks for the listen. Yea, as I said above I took the original mix down because there were too many rough transitions in it.

As for where I would play the kind of music in my signature--not that I wouldn't play this kind of music in the future, but I'm working with a team of people setting up a renegade stage at a festival (more like a hippie type festival) and we came up with the idea to have a disco and funk dance party one night. I'd say our crowd probably is going to be a bit older probably 30-55 as far as the people who stay up and party at night.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 02-07-2018, 04:20 PM   #12
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MC
MC Status: 10410

Really enjoyed the overall style in the masquerade mix! Nice selection and mixing sounds fine without any obvious disruptions, should be perfect for a general audience.

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:20 PM   #13
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaside View Post
Really enjoyed the overall style in the masquerade mix! Nice selection and mixing sounds fine without any obvious disruptions, should be perfect for a general audience.

Thank you for the listen. I feel like everything is coming together with the music. I saw my name in the festival program listed a bunch of times and got a little nauseous/nervous the other day. Now I'm excited about it though : )

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 03-07-2018, 07:49 PM   #14
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MC
MC Status: 10410

It's gonna be alright!

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Metaside
relic (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 08:53 PM   #15
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaside View Post
It's gonna be alright!
I decided to go into this expecting that there will be some technical issue--we'll fix it or move on to a backup. And that I will probably biff a blend or two over three nights of playing...OK...just go with it move on to the next song. : )

I'll have plenty of herbal remedies on hand as well ;p

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 04-07-2018, 10:42 AM   #16
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 7460

Very melodic stuff in there. Tbh it's not my sort of music at all but I listened to a few of the transitions. They felt alright, but I think the reason you're having a hard time in accepting it to work is because it's very vocal and melodic and those tend to be tougher to mix because they clash a lot easier. It's like when I do my DnB mixes, the vocal especially more dancefloor style commercial stuff is much harder to mix than the underground stuff.

It didn't sound like there was anything bad happening though overall and will probably go down well for people who like that sort of stuff.

Advertisements

------------------
Optimal Prime & Mavamatics - Hypnosis feat. Mc Longman [Seismic Theory]

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Optimal Prime
relic (04-07-2018)