The fuck is with Future Bass - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 25-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #21
nostromer
IDMf Artist
nostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MC
Salt Lake City
MC Status: 339844
Re: The fuck is with Future Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelium View Post
NO ONE GETS TO "FUTURE" GENRE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T GET TO BE POST OF SOMETHING UNTIL IT ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING, AND IT HAPPENS, THEN WE WONDER LATER WHAT WE MIGHT WANT TO CALL IT BECAUSE IT SHOULD ONLY HAPPEN ONCE A CATEGORICAL MODICUM OF SOUND FEELS THAT WE WISH TO ***** AFTER THE FUCKING FACT OF IT HAPPENING****** INSTITUTE A NOMENCLATURE. JAMES BLAKE IS NOT POST DUBSTEP. YOU CANNOT CALL SOMETHING "POST-______" WHILE IT IS HAPPENING. IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A DUMB FUCKING IDIOT.

i cannot fucking stand musicians that think they are creating a genre right here right now. no you aren't. fuck off. but thank you for stimulating the economy by buying soundcloud and instagram likes.

sorry for yelling <3

happenining is a word now
Postmodernism: is a broad movement that developed in the mid- to late-20th century across philosophy, the arts, architecture, and criticism and that marked a departure from modernism.

Modernism is a philosophical movement that, along with cultural trends and changes, arose from wide-scale and far-reaching transformations in Western society during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

sorry fiddy, but Modernism has nothing to do with what's happening "now". Technically, post-modernism would exactly be that, something that is happening right fuckkin' now with the intention of being against current trends of philosophies and values.

yeah, it's still gay as aids though. Just had to be cunt about it.

Advertisements

------------------
where all my cyberpunk homies @?
nostromer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to nostromer
relic (26-09-2018)
Old 25-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #22
fidelium
↗IDMf050↖
LISTEN HERE

Duhmerica
MC Status: ∞

fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
within a chalk drawing of a pentagram
MC Status: 90549970
Thanked 3,938 Times in 2,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostromer View Post
Postmodernism: is a broad movement that developed in the mid- to late-20th century across philosophy, the arts, architecture, and criticism and that marked a departure from modernism.

Modernism is a philosophical movement that, along with cultural trends and changes, arose from wide-scale and far-reaching transformations in Western society during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

sorry fiddy, but Modernism has nothing to do with what's happening "now". Technically, post-modernism would exactly be that, something that is happening right fuckkin' now with the intention of being against current trends of philosophies and values.

yeah, it's still gay as aids though. Just had to be cunt about it.
i don't give a fuck what their definitions are, they are just stupid words.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
youre our asshole
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #23
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7239029

Quote:
oh you know what too, my favorite term in the whole wide world "post-modern". god, so descriptive. I'm so glad that someone feels their art transcends what is right now, and it's post-now. it's future-present. thanks. christ on a fucking sybian.

Post-modernism is a term from philosophy, where modernist philosophy was all about that sick new thing called scientific method and claiming that we can rationally understand the world through it and observation. Post-modernism is in opposition to that, that is important things such as human nature or experience cannot be understood through the scientific process and observation. The "modern" does not refer to current contemporary events, but that specific era in history.

In that vein, post-modern whatever is literally contemporary music right now, and the term is therefore still fucking useless and people who self-describe it should go eat a rake with the prongside first.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 09:20 PM   #24
psyber
Granular Poster
psyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1710

What is with any kind of music? The history of music has been a cyclic pattern of disapproval followed by a transient period of normality eventually reduced to a relic of the past.

It'll fade in time, like us.

And someone else will be moaning about the same thing.

Forever.

Isn't that depressing?

Or inspiring, depending on how you look at it.
psyber is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 07:17 AM   #25
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45976898
Thanked 1,421 Times in 1,071 Posts

what happened to bebop jazz

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #26
Iyashi Sound
Master of the LFO
Iyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MC
Svaneke
MC Status: 20410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
what happened to bebop jazz
In Europe jazz music is still very much alive. Including older styles like bebop. Most European countries have several annual jazz festivals and most larger cities still have dedicated jazz venues, "jazz bars" and so on.
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Iyashi Sound
Br/ainfu+ked (26-09-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 11:18 AM   #27
st3aLth
Soundscaper
st3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3510

I don't know
st3aLth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to st3aLth
Vault O))) (05-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 09:21 PM   #28
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 133060
Thanked 2,661 Times in 1,543 Posts

Future Bass™ is a bass-boost ear implant for bass junkies. Crank that low-end up to 150dB for maximum experience.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------

ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:51 PM   #29
localspace
Microknight
localspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud oflocalspace has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1310

Where are you guys hearing this future bass with bass in it? All I hear is overcranked mid-range hideousness.

I always presumed it was called future bass because they still have to add the bass later, with a patch or lootbox or something.
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to localspace
Vault O))) (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 07:21 AM   #30
fidelium
↗IDMf050↖
LISTEN HERE

Duhmerica
MC Status: ∞

fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
within a chalk drawing of a pentagram
MC Status: 90549970
Thanked 3,938 Times in 2,164 Posts

you guys, i understand that post-modernism is a term and where it's from, and who uses it. i'm commenting on how dumb of a fucking term it is. like the term "intelligent dance music". thank you everyone for looking it up on the internet and feeling the need to explain a wikipedia blurb in your own words to me.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
youre our asshole
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #31
psyber
Granular Poster
psyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant future

Quote:
you guys, i understand that post-modernism is a term and where it's from, and who uses it. i'm commenting on how dumb of a fucking term it is. like the term "intelligent dance music". thank you everyone for looking it up on the internet and feeling the need to explain a wikipedia blurb in your own words to me.
You see, everybody on the internet is a philosopher, a sociologist, an encyclopedia.

Were you really expecting us to just go "Hmm, yeah. 'Future Bass' so gay lol'.

Nah we're gonna dissect it to prove whose the brainiest of the bunch!

Haha. Humans.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #32
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45976898
Thanked 1,421 Times in 1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyber View Post
You see, everybody on the internet is a philosopher, a sociologist, an encyclopedia.

yea but we also waste our time using it to look at cat memes and other stuff

Quote:
Were you really expecting us to just go "Hmm, yeah. 'Future Bass' so gay lol'..

but future bass is so gay lol (i really don't care, you go do you i don't have a problem with that really)

Quote:
Nah we're gonna dissect it to prove whose the brainiest of the bunch!

Haha. Humans.

Code:

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #33
psyber
Granular Poster

Quote:
yea but we also waste our time using it to look at cat memes and other stuff
I agree.

Quote:
but future bass is so gay lol (i really don't care, you go do you i don't have a problem with that really)
I agree.

Quote:
Code:

I agree.
Thanks to psyber
Br/ainfu+ked (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 05:06 PM   #34
stray medicine
Binch
stray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MC
Minneapolis
MC Status: 20610

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostromer View Post
can someone please explain to me the focus on fucking chipmunk vocal edits? It's EVERYWHERE now. I'll sound like a bitter oldfag here, but it's driving me nuts. I dont get it.
just sounds like muffled female vocals through reverb, not the chipmunk shit you're used to from the late 90s/early 2000s
but I do think it's just as annoying, and there does seem to be a lot more of shitty chipmunk vocals in popular music lately

know what I really don't get though
super low pitched vocals, especially for a single line or word, it always sounds out of place, so many decent songs I've heard in the last few years have been ruined by corny as fuck low pitched vocals
stray medicine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #35
stray medicine
Binch
stray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MC
Minneapolis
MC Status: 20610

Quote:
oh you know what too, my favorite term in the whole wide world "post-modern". god, so descriptive. I'm so glad that someone feels their art transcends what is right now, and it's post-now. it's future-present. thanks. christ on a fucking sybian.
another bracket in time, a vague and pointless description, but I think a lot of people use it with the idea that they're 'truly avant garde' or something
stray medicine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #36
Vault O)))
Mushroom dick
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 67610
Thanked 1,352 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
Future Bass™ is a bass-boost ear implant for bass junkies. Crank that low-end up to 150dB for maximum experience.

Code:
Is that like a subpac implanted in your butt?

Code:
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
ms_ (07-10-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #37
chrisHA
Minor Glitch
chrisHA is just really nicechrisHA is just really nicechrisHA is just really nicechrisHA is just really nicechrisHA is just really nice
UK West Mids
MC Status: 410

So i take it no ones interested in my new Pickle House track ?

Advertisements

chrisHA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote