FREE Twisted Waveform Penetrator Sample Pack
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 13-09-2018, 05:53 AM   #1
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 528120
FREE Twisted Waveform Penetrator Sample Pack

Hey everyone, long time.. ya ya blah blah.

I have a new site up where I'm dumping new unique samples. Firstly is the Twisted Waveform Penetrator which is a pack of 263 percussion samples sourced from the Buchla Twisted Waveform Generator and processed through 2 different gate circuits, the Folktek Conduit's Low Pass Gate and the Snazzy FX Tidal Wave's VCA section.

A unique group of that bunch was additionally processed through an overdriven 1980s analog Ramsa mixer to get some more darker analog clipping tones. The Ramsa mixer is quite noisy, so these are perfect for experimental or industrial type applications (maybe).

The files are available for free download, no strings attached completely royalty free and all that shit here at my new site:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

You can also grab all my older "Legacy Samples" there too!

Stay tuned for more FREE goodies in the next few days/weeks/months/years and follow "shadowire.industries" on instagram for updates, sound experiments and stuff like that to keep your creative juices spew'n

-Later

Last edited by agent; 16-09-2018 at 02:03 AM..

Advertisements

agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
BentAtoms
Granular Poster
BentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant future
Vancouver, BC
MC Status: 1510
Re: FREE Twisted Waveform Penetrator Sample Pack

Cheers for the share! It's neat to see peoples' sound design output in its raw form.

The TidalWaveVCA folder definitely has some fun and usable sounds. I would say that the samples from the other two folders have some very nice textures and would be great fodder for granular sampling, etc., but raw they feel a bit out of context. I think in particular, the rhythmic ones would be more usable if you cropped them as part of a loop.

Overall some pleasant stuff!

That said, you might wanna tone down the marketing hype a bit, you know? Claims like "some of the most organic sounding percussion, textural fx and FM tonal drums you'll ever hear" are... well, they're just really arrogant. It's the kind of stuff that would make me close a page instantly if you were trying to sell me things, which is a shame because I'm actually usually willing to at least pay the price of a coffee for packs like these. I dunno. Under-promise and over-deliver, as opposed to the other way around?

Also, you're giving something away for free... you don't need to sell me on free, I'll open it and take a look regardless! The sounds will speak for themselves.

Anyway, cheers again. Hope I'm not offending you with the marketing rambles, and nice work on the sounds.
BentAtoms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 02:35 AM   #3
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAtoms View Post
Cheers for the share! It's neat to see peoples' sound design output in its raw form.

The TidalWaveVCA folder definitely has some fun and usable sounds. I would say that the samples from the other two folders have some very nice textures and would be great fodder for granular sampling, etc., but raw they feel a bit out of context. I think in particular, the rhythmic ones would be more usable if you cropped them as part of a loop.

Overall some pleasant stuff!

That said, you might wanna tone down the marketing hype a bit, you know? Claims like "some of the most organic sounding percussion, textural fx and FM tonal drums you'll ever hear" are... well, they're just really arrogant. It's the kind of stuff that would make me close a page instantly if you were trying to sell me things, which is a shame because I'm actually usually willing to at least pay the price of a coffee for packs like these. I dunno. Under-promise and over-deliver, as opposed to the other way around?

Also, you're giving something away for free... you don't need to sell me on free, I'll open it and take a look regardless! The sounds will speak for themselves.

Anyway, cheers again. Hope I'm not offending you with the marketing rambles, and nice work on the sounds.
I was going to write an even lengthier reply to your comment in regards to how much time and money it takes to do just one sample pack utilizing real hardware and deliver it via an actual website for free, but in reality all I hear is boo fucking hoo for the free samples which are at least good enough for fodder, valued at a cup of coffee even tho they're free, and yet should be further edited for my specific needs because i'm too selfish and lazy to use my own time to do so and furthermore the marketing which actually worked cuz it caught my attention doesn't actually work for me when it comes to these out of context samples you designed with no specific genre or usage label.

But be rest assured, your not alone, I've heard the same self-righteous comments in various forms from the "boo-hoo clan" every time i deliver a sample pack FOR FREE, which if you look at my site, theres a lot of them.

Next time I start to create a sample pack, I'll ask you for your individual input so as to align it with your specific needs and beliefs when it comes to marketing.. Or better yet, you go out and spend 20+hours and over $3500 and create your own sample pack.

Last edited by agent; 14-09-2018 at 03:29 AM..
Old 14-09-2018, 04:13 AM   #4
BentAtoms
Granular Poster
BentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant future
Vancouver, BC
MC Status: 1510

Hey agent,

I just want to apologize: my post was uncalled for - you weren't asking for criticism. I know making samples is time-consuming, and hardware is ridiculously expensive.

I don't really know what else to say except sorry... I feel like a dick.
BentAtoms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 06:38 AM   #5
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 133060
Thanked 2,661 Times in 1,543 Posts

damn why would anyone complain about free, more importantly, royalty free stuff, it's like getting a present and then saying "mum, but i wanted new call of duty game not this, i hate you". It's basically one click and you have someone's hours of effort where you can do whatever you want with. It doesn't mean you're going to use all of it from now on. I haven't checked this one yet because I'm on bad internet but I remember one of agent's earlier ones that consisted of long audio streams. Such raw material is great, it's not one of those drag-and-drop-for-instant-use libraries. There are very unique because how they're processed. If you feel they're not edited enough, like for real, dude, that's the best part!

------------------

ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 06:08 AM   #6
agent
Deep Underground
SEATTLE

Quote:
Hey agent,

I just want to apologize: my post was uncalled for - you weren't asking for criticism. I know making samples is time-consuming, and hardware is ridiculously expensive.

I don't really know what else to say except sorry... I feel like a dick.
Life goes on until it doesn't.. in the meantime try and be more mindful
Thanks to agent
A.M (23-09-2018)
Old 15-09-2018, 10:56 AM   #7
Vault O)))
Mushroom dick
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 67660
Thanked 1,353 Times in 882 Posts

Holy shit. I was expecting like one or two packs on your legacy page but you seem to have a gigantic selection there, too. The first one I clicked on is surpassing 1.8 GB...!

My only recommendation is a tip jar, or maybe even a paid option. This is pretty mindblowing

Quote:
Not beating a dead horse - it's pretty crazy what you can do with one shots as well, even if they're all a split second in length. Those percussive elements can add a shitload of flavor that a lot of people overlook as filler material
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 01:48 AM   #8
agent
Deep Underground
SEATTLE

.....more on the way

3 different noise sources (Make Noise Telharmonic, Korg MS20 Pink Noise, Digital Gauss and Digital Blue) pitched & filtered using the Make Noise Morphogene, Mannequins Three Sisters and Sherman Filterbank.

I’ll post when done
Old 16-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #9
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18050669
Thanked 1,013 Times in 764 Posts

thanks <3
bentatoms has apologised and all is good, so im not trying to encourage an argument, but i have to say i disagree. what you wrote is solid marketing. freebie or not, marketing makes a difference. keep doing it.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Parricide
Iyashi Sound (21-09-2018)
Old 21-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #10
Iyashi Sound
Master of the LFO
Iyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MC
Svaneke
MC Status: 20410

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent View Post
The files are available for free download, no strings attached completely royalty free and all that shit here at my new site:

Thank you very much, that's very generous of you!

I just came out victorious in the 85th Beat Battle over in the "community projects" section of the forum. Probably because of some mistake.

But anyway - since I currently have no real way of generating a new set of samples for the next one (the winner has to supply a new set of samples for the next battle), - and since you explicitly write: "royalty free", and; "no strings attached", - I thought I'd simply go ahead and base Beat Battle 86 on this new pack.

..but instead of hosting the samples myself (as normal) - I'll link to this page instead::

..so people can download the sample-pack themselves directly from your website (and maybe check out some of your other stuff while there).

I hope you like the idea!

..but let me know if you don't!

And thanks again
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Iyashi Sound
Parricide (21-09-2018)
Old 24-09-2018, 12:21 AM   #11
agent
Deep Underground
SEATTLE

Yeah that cool @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Thanks to agent
Iyashi Sound (24-09-2018)
Old 24-09-2018, 08:31 AM   #12
Iyashi Sound
Master of the LFO
Iyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MC
Svaneke
MC Status: 20410

Great, thanks!

Here's a link to the thread:

Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:23 AM   #13
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105322839
Thanked 1,094 Times in 849 Posts

Thank you so much for the time and effort that you put into this.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i prefer the sage. makes me truly believe the unbelievable.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jVs
Parricide (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #14
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18050669
Thanked 1,013 Times in 764 Posts

and thanks for making BB86 happen

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote