[Downtempo] Xenojam - Trees Rings
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #1
Marittiello
Microknight
Marittiello will become famous soon enough
Napoli,Marano di Napoli
MC Status: 60
[Downtempo] Xenojam - Trees Rings

Hello guys! this is my last track, I have not produced anything for 6 months, because I'm following an electronic music course in my city.
It 's the first time I use voices in my music, I recorded everything with cheap microphones, both voice and noises, the sounds are all made with vst: D

Hope you like it! I await criticism, opinions and advice: D

Advertisements

Marittiello is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Downtempo] Xenojam - Trees Rings.
Old 16-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
palmspalms
Analog Lurker
palmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to behold
Lodz
MC Status: 660
Re: [Downtempo] Xenojam - Trees Rings

I like the mood that you set with this - the main harmony/melody sound really good. The kick and snare sound both a bit flat and simple to me - when the whole percussion is introduced, it feels not "glued" to the rest of the track. Maybe sample changes or playing with space on the snare (reverbs, delays, etc)? I actually prefer this track without the percussion, to be honest - maybe because it's so slow

------------------
palmspalms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #3
psyber
Granular Poster
psyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant futurepsyber has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1710

I like the vibe, relaxed and chill. I like the slow buildup, too.

I'd agree that the percussion could sound a little fuller, and perhaps you could introduce more subtle variations in rhythm and sound throughout.

I like the distorted whispers and voices.

I see your using FL studio, if you haven't already, mess around with the 'Effector' effect (adjusting the wet/dry level so as to not over do it, and trying the various effects it can do) and then the Fruity Love Philter (set to the lowpass preset, just cutting off the harsh highs created by the effects), and then record automation of the various effects, maybe with a little reverb at places. Using that process and layering the effects you can get some nice subtle changes in tone of the snare and do some cool stuff to make it a little more fluid.

But hey, let it not be limited to the snare, just thought I'd introduce a process that can be useful for making sounds morph and change over time. Usually fits with the style of music, too.
psyber is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 06:05 PM   #4
Marittiello
Microknight
Marittiello will become famous soon enough
Napoli,Marano di Napoli
MC Status: 60

Thanks guys, for the advice

Advertisements

Marittiello is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote