[future] city at worlds end - [beta side] pluviomorph
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 13-09-2018, 09:37 PM   #1
nostromer
IDMf Artist
nostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MC
Salt Lake City
MC Status: 339844
[future] city at worlds end - [beta side] pluviomorph

Ok, so here's the shitty thing about this track. I lost the project file a while ago, and this is the moderately mastered version. I have the waves L316 - but apparently I'm retarded and I can not get this thing to boost or sound quite right. Looking for any feedback on the overall EQ and levels of this... I've tried this on multiple studio monitors and headphones alike... I think this might be the best it can get. I wouldn't mind putting this on a beta side LP that I have on the backburner... but I dont know if its salvageable.

I can't make any compositional changes, but I can adjust the overall mastering and EQ.

Thanks for checking it out idmf homies.

Advertisements

------------------
where all my cyberpunk homies @?
nostromer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [future] city at worlds end - [beta side] pluviomorph.
Old 14-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #2
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45976898
Thanked 1,421 Times in 1,071 Posts
Re: [future] city at worlds end - [beta side] pluviomorph

keep in mind that my headphones are cheap and relatively loud, the mid tones some frequencies are a bit resonant and could be thinned out, i'm getting slight distortion on my headphones when listening at full volume for some sections, but it might be a different case on another set, maybe frequency band split the whole track and eq it so that the levels for some of the elements could be adjusted and maybe play around with the stereo field a bit more, its very busy which i like but subjectively the drums are too standard for me but it fits and is fine as is, everything thing blends well together and you did a really good job on the synth sounds, also its very well composed

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 09:51 AM   #3
palmspalms
Analog Lurker
palmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to behold
Lodz
MC Status: 660

Overall, that's quite an enjoyable listen - I enjoy the harmony/melody here and those little repeats that happen from time to time - so cool. A few things that I've noticed when it comes to the mix/master:

- it sounds too overloaded in the mids / low mids + bass to my ears - feels a bit muddy

- also, there's that deep sub that comes in at around 2:08 - it muds the sound to me and sits too low in the mix or at least does not sound clean there

------------------
palmspalms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 02:43 AM   #4
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522704

Yeah bud I'd have to agree with everyone about the kids being a the direct focus of the track.

Maybe a few tricks from here as ideals could help as you don't have much control over the actual mix/tracks anymore:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Hope you get it cleaned up some

Advertisements

tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote