[Punk] Vlantis - I Never Wanted You (Headphones/David Bazan Cover)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-09-2018, 06:47 AM   #1
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the desert.
MC Status: 421886079
Thanked 5,162 Times in 2,987 Posts
[Punk] Vlantis - I Never Wanted You (Headphones/David Bazan Cover)

In addition to the Radiohead cover I posted, I also reworked this. I posted my first attempt at this in the Listening Booth a bit over a year ago, because at the time, it was the first track I had made in a long while. I've been slowly working on this thing lately. Redid the vocals and some instrumentation and the mix. Might be the final version.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Original:

Last edited by Vlantis; 14-09-2018 at 08:11 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Punk] Vlantis - I Never Wanted You (Headphones/David Bazan Cover).
Old 14-09-2018, 07:56 AM   #2
Vault O)))
Mushroom dick
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 67610
Thanked 1,352 Times in 882 Posts
Re: [Punk] Vlantis - I Never Wanted You (Headphones/David Bazan Cover)

The original was way too slow for my ADHD brain but I fucking love your version. I have nothing meaningful to say about it other than that you nailed it and transformed it into killer Vlantiscore. Plus it's a thousand times more interesting when it's this upbeat. 10/10
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #3
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the desert.

^Thanks!!!

I wouldn't have been able to make it without the original, just keep that in mind.

(Added some high end, and now I feel like it's lacking a bit of low end. Arrrrg, the boring side of making music. )

------------------
Soundcloud
Facebook
Old 14-09-2018, 09:53 AM   #4
Creepr
IDMf Artist
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 8210

Great cover, I agree the faster version you did is more engaging than the original.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 04:33 PM   #5
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
In the desert.

Thanks for the kind words. This gave me the boost I needed to finish this damn cover album. Just finished the vocals for three more songs (it's going to be six covers instead of four), and I'm going to spend the weekend hammering out the rest of the shit that needs to get done and release this. It's been too long, and I'm very happy with my musical output as of late.

Advertisements

------------------
Soundcloud
Facebook