[house/so much daft punk] James Pingel - Laid Back House
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 13-09-2018, 05:21 AM   #1
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 35860
[house/so much daft punk] James Pingel - Laid Back House

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Hey everyone, this is my first new track from scratch in ages (a lot of my recent "new" stuff is just old stuff getting finished). Looking for general input on the musicality/sound design/structure of this piece right now. I think the arp got a bit loud in the render somehow, and it needs something in the way of an intro. Other than that, looking to make sure this is on the right track. All input much appreciated

EDIT:Still working on the private soundcloud embed, but I gots to get food into me on account of dat hypoglycemia or im gonna flop like a fish. My fingers aren't working right anymore k bye

Advertisements

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [house/so much daft punk] James Pingel - Laid Back House.
Old 13-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #2
nostromer
IDMf Artist
nostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MC
Salt Lake City
MC Status: 339844
Re: [house/so much daft punk] James Pingel - Laid Back House

Your embedded SC link is broken - but thanks for providing the hard link.

I think this track would benefit from some shaping on the kickdrum, it's a little flaccid for house - some sidechaining for this style of music and EQ would definitely pump up the clarity and punch overall.

The synth work I feel could use a little verb or processing, they are a little stabby - sometimes sounds a little ahead or behind of the rhythm laid out. The bass line particularly has a kind of plucky clean to it rather than gliding and harmonizing.

Good start though, I think if you just polished some of the overall design and let the drums get more of the character out of the melodies, this would shine pretty nicely!

Advertisements

------------------
where all my cyberpunk homies @?
nostromer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote