[idm/glitch/electronic]xvf-glitch idm sketch thing
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45976898
Thanked 1,421 Times in 1,071 Posts
[idm/glitch/electronic]xvf-glitch idm sketch thing

a wip where i'm modulating some sample ran through fl's granular synthesizer(which is being automated) with my recorded beatboxing using vocodex, unsure on how to develop this further...

Last edited by Br/ainfu+ked; 10-09-2018 at 10:50 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
ms_ (13-09-2018)
Rate this track - [idm/glitch/electronic]xvf-glitch idm sketch thing.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:13 PM   #2
BentAtoms
Granular Poster
BentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant future
Vancouver, BC
MC Status: 1510
Re: [idm/glitch/electronic]xvf-glitch idm sketch thing

That's a pretty damned cool texture!

I think I'd be inclined to build some more traditional drums to back the Vocodex texture up, and find a melodic synth or sample to act as a lead, but that's all personal taste.

Nice work!
BentAtoms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:06 AM   #3
Mark Ames
Microknight
Mark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud ofMark Ames has much to be proud of
Ventura County California
MC Status: 1060

The pad is nice and the idea of the beatbox is nice too... I would want the rhythm to be more clear... less scratchy. Also the pad could be louder.

Worth working on.

------------------
I didnít know I was a ...
Instagram.com/1roomstudio
mark.ames.bandcamp.com

Reality is one thing...but perception is everything.
Mark Ames is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:52 PM   #4
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog

second version is up i made some changes based upon what you guys suggested...

------------------
Old 10-09-2018, 11:59 PM   #5
G__Walla
IDMf's latest spammer
G__Walla is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

What's up man!

I definitely think this is worth working on. This is very creative and I think if you work hard enough on anything you can make it good. Here's my suggestions that you may want to try.

I think the vocoder beatbox thing is obviously very creative and cool, but I think if you brought it in more gently it might make the song flow more. Try using volume automation, a rising LPF, or maybe even reverb dry/wet automation.

Also you could try layering the beatbox with the vocoder with the beatbox dry, it might help make the percussion more apparent.

These are just a few ideas I have. Either way, good Job!

-WALLA
G__Walla is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:15 AM   #6
BentAtoms
Granular Poster
BentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant futureBentAtoms has a brilliant future
Vancouver, BC
MC Status: 1510

There's definitely more going on now!

Just curious, have you bounced that beatbox texture out and saved it yet? If I'm unsure of where to go on something, that's usually my-go-to (actually, not strictly correct. These days I don't even bother trying to do sound design while writing - I specifically build projects for generating sound, then use those to build small sample packs, then store my favorite results in my library and use them for writing at a later date).

If you're looking to develop this more, I'd definitely recommend at least getting a bounced copy into a sampler running along side your main instance! Right now there are parts doing things, but [to me] they don't feel like an expressive whole.

Maybe consider creating transitions with that beatbox sound (timestretch/put it through another granulizer/do pitch automations/filter/whatever)? That would let you introduce and release it smoothly, and you could then move between that, the pad, and your arpeggio a bit more cleanly. I think it would make it easier to compose some things (and if not, again, you'd have some dope samples to work with).

Also, I didn't say earlier, but thanks for sharing this! I'm super inspired by how cool that texture is; I definitely need to step up my granular game.
BentAtoms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:39 AM   #7
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
hotdog not hotdog

thanks guys i haven't considered putting the beatbox sample through the granulizer, yea I could probably bounce the modified percussive sound and resample the percussion to make it vary more and make it sound smoother and more perccy with a volume envelope and add other effects, kinda of a spur of the moment thing, if anything i'll probably bounce everything and take another shot at it at a later date when I have the time and the creative juices..thanks

Last edited by Br/ainfu+ked; 11-09-2018 at 08:16 AM..

------------------
Old 11-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #8
Helium Paste
Minor Glitch
Helium Paste is a jewel in the roughHelium Paste is a jewel in the roughHelium Paste is a jewel in the rough
Cape Town
MC Status: 260

Wow, talk about a massive improvement!

I really like the new arpeggiator. Also, the eq-ing on the percussion sounds better to me now - it was a little too 'toppy' before.
Helium Paste is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:35 AM   #9
nostromer
IDMf Artist
nostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MCnostromer is a savage MC
Salt Lake City
MC Status: 339844

super gritty textures in there, like the ambiance to it. Cool shit!

------------------
where all my cyberpunk homies @?
nostromer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 03:05 AM   #10
lucindo_
IDMf's latest spammer
lucindo_ has a spectacular aura aboutlucindo_ has a spectacular aura aboutlucindo_ has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

This is pretty cool, specially the beatbox kinda spread out implying the rhythm more than stating it. Pretty lead too. Maybe add some occasional samples here and there to give things more depth. Some automation to give it more dynamics as well. Interesting track so far.
lucindo_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #11
Helium Paste
Minor Glitch
Helium Paste is a jewel in the roughHelium Paste is a jewel in the roughHelium Paste is a jewel in the rough
Cape Town
MC Status: 260

This track sounds a bit like autechre's - rae off lp5.

The only thing that is lacking now is some bass action. Maybe drop rae into the daw?
Helium Paste is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #12
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 133060
Thanked 2,661 Times in 1,543 Posts

Damn, this rules hard, one of the best things I've heard on LB in a while. It just asks for some extra t h i c c layers on second half (personal request, can be ignored).

Advertisements

------------------

ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote