SubPac - feel the bass wherever you are - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 19-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #21
taylorfrank
Savage Mad Cunt
taylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MC
Denver
MC Status: 20112
Re: SubPac - feel the bass wherever you are

I tested these out at DEMF in Detroit this summer, the coolest thing in audio I have seen for a long long time

Advertisements

------------------
taylorfrank is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #22
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199649168
Thanked 4,998 Times in 3,212 Posts

I just watched the video on their site that shows first reactions and yeah a promo video is going to be, well a promo video, but man it sure did the trick because I'm pretty impressed.

The main concern I'd have though would be that you're monitoring, and makind decisions, on something that the average consumer will never be able to reproduce.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 03:25 AM   #23
radish
Granular Poster
radish is a jewel in the roughradish is a jewel in the roughradish is a jewel in the roughradish is a jewel in the rough
beneath the earth
MC Status: 310

I was just reading about these.

TO BE HONEST.... I think this is a really dope idea. Sub bass is a bitch to get right. You can either spend a lot of money tuning your room and getting a sub, or spend far less and not only be able to do it at all hours of the day/night, assuming you have really good headphones (let's be real, this shit won't really cut it if you're mixing on weak 'phones)
radish is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 04:01 AM   #24
Deep Dose
Eternal Echoer
Deep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MC
MC Status: 17684455

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
I just watched the video on their site that shows first reactions and yeah a promo video is going to be, well a promo video, but man it sure did the trick because I'm pretty impressed.

The main concern I'd have though would be that you're monitoring, and makind decisions, on something that the average consumer will never be able to reproduce.
thats a good point, and definitely something to keep in mind. I think because it represents down to what..20 hz or something, id want to have my master high passed to keep it up within what is realistic for others listening to your music. Also, I think it is only a matter of learning how the subpac relates to music you already know well. Like with any monitoring source, we are really good at adapting and learning how things should sound on each new source after a long enough time listening.

I thought my DT990's were TOO bright when i first got them, and they certainly are on the bright side, but now when I produce on them, the music I make translates very well on to other systems, because I know them extremely well. So now I welcome that detail in the upper end
Deep Dose is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Deep Dose
RFJ (20-10-2014)
Old 20-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #25
radiowaves
Savage Mad Cunt
radiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MC
MC Status: 24505865

No. Just no. Bass is not what world needs. I would pay for something that makes you feel high tones though.

Advertisements

------------------
radiowaves is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote