[EDM] Dark Clouds
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
Someone Random
Sample Destroyer
Someone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MC
Ontario
MC Status: 1633709
[EDM] Dark Clouds

Hey IDMF, check out my new track.. I would really appreciate a fresh pair of ears to have a listen..
Any comments or suggestions are much appreciated!!

The synthlines are toxic biohazard and I used various samples for the percussion..

Advertisements

------------------
Follow me on Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/dreckbraely
Someone Random is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [EDM] Dark Clouds.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #2
tdotbear
Knob Twiddler
tdotbear has a spectacular aura abouttdotbear has a spectacular aura abouttdotbear has a spectacular aura about
Toronto, ON
MC Status: 210
Re: [EDM] Dark Clouds

The drums sounded really dry. They could use a little compression/reverb imo. The snare could be layered with a tom or get a little boost around 250 Hz to give it some meat. As of now, it sounds really thin. The high synth playing at 1:45 sounds really cheesy to my ears. The bass during the first break is nice though

Overall the song needs some production fine-tuning and could perhaps use more varied melodies? Though it's not a big thing here.

------------------
TdotBEAR - Stellar (TdotBEAR Trap Mix)

http://soundcloud.com/tdotbear
tdotbear is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #3
ishkabum
Master of the LFO
ishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MC
Virginia
MC Status: 1205510

not getting enough kick in the intro i dont think.. also i recommend layering another snare over the one you have now.. and then when it does fills, like not really strong snare hits you can keep that other sample out, it'd be nice. not a huge fan of the synths there, not really my style. i like your break and filtersweep and white noise swells... the ride cymbal that comes in at 2.36 i like a lot..the 3rd drop is pretty cool having set the scene for it.. interesting casual acid/fundustrial and steppy mashup. good outro too, smooth exits.

------------------

http://soundcloud.com/caerus
ishkabum is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
syquence
Regular Freak
syquence is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hi, I listened to your track, I liked it, it sounds clean to my ears but, I would add some more melodies with other synths in some parts and I don't like the percussive synth which starts at 1.33, I would add more modulations to it, it is too static in my opinion.Nice track btw

syq
syquence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #5
Aleleeinated
Regular Freak
Aleleeinated is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

This track is okay. It started out well, and about a minute or so in I expected it to get better than it did. I expected it to go into a different direction than it did I guess.
Aleleeinated is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #6
KidM3
Soundwave Mangler
KidM3 will become famous soon enoughKidM3 will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Pretty good, the bass sounds a little off when it comes in around :32 or so imo,
KidM3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #7
Someone Random
Sample Destroyer
Someone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MCSomeone Random is a savage MC
Ontario
MC Status: 1633709

Thanks a bunch guys for all of the feedback.. I have a lot to think about..

------------------
Follow me on Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/dreckbraely
Someone Random is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #8
TheElectricCo
Minor Glitch
TheElectricCo is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 11

The kick could stand to have a lot more low end, and I would suggest cutting as much as you can on the higher-frequency percussion and synths to allow room for the clickiness of the kick to come through during the (chorus?). I don't really have a problem with the synths, although something enters the song at 1:01 that starts creating a lot of sweeping white noise that I would recommend be reigned in slightly so that it doesn't diminish the higher frequencies in the percussion as much.

Advertisements

TheElectricCo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote