[Ambient/Techno/Electronic] Gate Four - Grayscale
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
gatefour
Soundscaper
gatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to all
MC Status: 610
[Ambient/Techno/Electronic] Gate Four - Grayscale

Hi all,

This is actually an older track that I've decided to dust up and give it a slight polish, one of the first few tracks that I've been messing around with 4 to the floor.

Generally looking for feedback on the mix, but other comments welcome as well... as this is gonna go out the door very, very soon.

Thanks!

Advertisements

------------------
gatefour is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to gatefour
Mark Ames (12-11-2018)
Rate this track - [Ambient/Techno/Electronic] Gate Four - Grayscale.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:12 AM   #2
palmspalms
Microknight
palmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to beholdpalmspalms is a splendid one to behold
Lodz
MC Status: 810
Re: [Ambient/Techno/Electronic] Gate Four - Grayscale

I like the track, good job with it, sounds really good. What annoys me in the mix are two things mainly:
- the kick at those times, when there's not too many instruments playing - when other instruments come in, it blends nicely with the song, but otherwise it's got these loud highs or mids, that make it a bit flat
- the hats coming in at 1:53 seem a bit too loud to me

------------------
palmspalms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:33 AM   #3
gatefour
Soundscaper
gatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmspalms View Post
I like the track, good job with it, sounds really good. What annoys me in the mix are two things mainly:
- the kick at those times, when there's not too many instruments playing - when other instruments come in, it blends nicely with the song, but otherwise it's got these loud highs or mids, that make it a bit flat
- the hats coming in at 1:53 seem a bit too loud to me
cheers, so maybe I'll mess around with the EQ a bit ... thanks!

------------------
Old 12-11-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
Mark Ames
Soundwave Mangler
Mark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond repute
Ventura County California
MC Status: 2260

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatefour View Post
Hi all,

This is actually an older track that I've decided to dust up and give it a slight polish, one of the first few tracks that I've been messing around with 4 to the floor.

Generally looking for feedback on the mix, but other comments welcome as well... as this is gonna go out the door very, very soon.

Thanks!
I really thought that that kick was going to get old during the first minute or so... but it grew on me. That little double kick every four measures is subtle but an effective way to keep it interesting.

From about two minutes until the end the playfulness of the rest of the parts with that kick had me bopping!

The winding out in the last minute until the end was very effective... a true ending! Not so easy to really end a four-banger like that... they usually fade out or just stop.

Thatís a solid track... good work and thanks for sharing.

------------------
I didnít know I was a ...
Instagram.com/1roomstudio
mark.ames.bandcamp.com

Reality is one thing...but perception is everything.
Mark Ames is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #5
gatefour
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ames View Post
I really thought that that kick was going to get old during the first minute or so... but it grew on me. That little double kick every four measures is subtle but an effective way to keep it interesting.

From about two minutes until the end the playfulness of the rest of the parts with that kick had me bopping!

The winding out in the last minute until the end was very effective... a true ending! Not so easy to really end a four-banger like that... they usually fade out or just stop.

Thatís a solid track... good work and thanks for sharing.
Cheers Mark! Glad you liked it

------------------
Old Today, 04:40 AM   #6
E-Fence
Granular Poster
E-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110

personally I would get rid of that pink noise. It would sound so much better dark and emptier. Or at least fade it in, the beginning should be less full.

Advertisements

------------------
E-Fence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote