Which PC DAW is similar to GarageBand? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 15-11-2018, 05:38 AM   #21
Mark Ames
Soundwave Mangler
Mark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond repute
Ventura County California
MC Status: 2260
Re: Which PC DAW is similar to GarageBand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray medicine View Post
Logic is the closest to Garageband because it's made by the same people, but yeah Mac only, unless you have a Hackintosh

I switched from Logic to Ableton when I switched from Mac to PC. It has a lot of similar workflow in my opinion, and pretty much any MIDI controller is going to work with it pretty well, people write so many controller scripts for Ableton and mapping stuff on your own is easy too. Also Ableton entered an official partnership with Cycling '74 for Max last year, even though Max for Live has been around for years.
Thank you all.... Iím going to spend some time with Reaper and keep my ears open about other DAWs

Advertisements

------------------
I didnít know I was a ...
Instagram.com/1roomstudio
mark.ames.bandcamp.com

Reality is one thing...but perception is everything.
Mark Ames is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mark Ames
mnkvolcno (15-11-2018)
Old 15-11-2018, 07:53 AM   #22
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 38210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ames View Post
Thank you all.... Iím going to spend some time with Reaper and keep my ears open about other DAWs
Man just stick to reaper and ignore other Daws. Instead spend your time learning and customizing it. Itís a real freakin beast.
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnkvolcno
Mark Ames (17-11-2018)
Old 15-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #23
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105323189
Thanked 1,101 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Fuck, that thing sucks. If I could transfer my license to somebody in need I'd do it for free in a heartbeat
I assume that Magix bought the rights to Sound Forge/Vegas/Acid Music the once upon a time Sonic Foundry
from Sony?

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i prefer the sage. makes me truly believe the unbelievable.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jVs
Mark Ames (17-11-2018)
Old 15-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #24
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 38210

Also just wanted to throw this out there...

I've been a FL studio user for a loooooooooong time. Like many others I have a love hate relationship with it. I love the interface on a micro level, but as far as the big picture of organizing your work, it's a nightmare. I've been obsessed with the piano roll for a long time, and thought I could never replace it.

I gave the Reaper demo a try a few times and also thought the piano roll was bizarre at first. But I didn't really understand how deeply customizable it is. So now, I've set up the program to work similarly to FL studio. It's like a dream come true. The piano roll is working nearly identically (still no marque zoom tho ) and everywhere that FL studio is obtuse and ridiculous, Reaper is straightforward and logical. I've used a ton of DAW's over the years, and I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with Reaper until something really earth shattering comes along.
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnkvolcno
relic (15-11-2018)
Old 15-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #25
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8590280
Thanked 7,987 Times in 5,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
Also just wanted to throw this out there...

I've been a FL studio user for a loooooooooong time. Like many others I have a love hate relationship with it. I love the interface on a micro level, but as far as the big picture of organizing your work, it's a nightmare. I've been obsessed with the piano roll for a long time, and thought I could never replace it.

I gave the Reaper demo a try a few times and also thought the piano roll was bizarre at first. But I didn't really understand how deeply customizable it is. So now, I've set up the program to work similarly to FL studio. It's like a dream come true. The piano roll is working nearly identically (still no marque zoom tho ) and everywhere that FL studio is obtuse and ridiculous, Reaper is straightforward and logical. I've used a ton of DAW's over the years, and I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with Reaper until something really earth shattering comes along.
Probably the best description of FL Studio Ive seen on the interwebz. Absolutely the same: I love how independent components work, but it never feels like they are all working together towards the same goal. I almost cant stand working on one monitor w good ole fruity loops...

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Mark Ames (17-11-2018)
Old 17-11-2018, 12:35 AM   #26
Mark Ames
Soundwave Mangler
Mark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond repute
Ventura County California
MC Status: 2260

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
Man just stick to reaper and ignore other Daws. Instead spend your time learning and customizing it. Itís a real freakin beast.
Good Advice... the more I try it the more I love it and see that it it is HUUUUUGE!!!!

It will definitively occupy my personal bandwidth for a long time.

Also thank you to the others who have been weighing in and confirming this.

Now I just need to wait until the new year deals come about and commit to a new laptop.

Onward!

------------------
I didnít know I was a ...
Instagram.com/1roomstudio
mark.ames.bandcamp.com

Reality is one thing...but perception is everything.
Mark Ames is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mark Ames
relic (17-11-2018)
Old 17-11-2018, 03:00 AM   #27
7asid
Soundscaper
7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 12710

I suggest you get into Ableton, you will never look back.

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------
7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 03:14 AM   #28
Vault O)))
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 71710
Thanked 1,434 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7asid View Post
I suggest you get into Ableton, you will never look back.
As much as I agree with you, that's a far cry from Garage Band

------------------

Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM   #29
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18055169
Thanked 1,103 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ames View Post
Good Advice... the more I try it the more I love it and see that it it is HUUUUUGE!!!!

It will definitively occupy my personal bandwidth for a long time.

Also thank you to the others who have been weighing in and confirming this.

Now I just need to wait until the new year deals come about and commit to a new laptop.

Onward!
glad to hear you are settling in with reaper!
i knew these guys wouldnt let you down

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote