5 Common Qualities in TOP 10 Songs Of the YEAR - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 23-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #101
my_big_ego
Soundwave Mangler
my_big_ego has a reputation beyond reputemy_big_ego has a reputation beyond reputemy_big_ego has a reputation beyond reputemy_big_ego has a reputation beyond reputemy_big_ego has a reputation beyond reputemy_big_ego has a reputation beyond reputemy_big_ego has a reputation beyond reputemy_big_ego has a reputation beyond reputemy_big_ego has a reputation beyond reputemy_big_ego has a reputation beyond reputemy_big_ego has a reputation beyond repute
Preston
MC Status: 2958
Re: 5 Common Qualities in TOP 10 Songs Of the YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicophilia View Post
My grammar is weak on there's/theirs, to/too's, your/you're etc etc. My teachers always try and get me to sort it out but I never have
Im a prick for that, that's for sure
Ignore me, I was being a deliberately pedantic and facetious arsecandle!

Advertisements

------------------
my_big_ego is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #102
taylorfrank
Savage Mad Cunt
taylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MC
Denver
MC Status: 20112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpion View Post
Try reading between the lines. It's a good book in places, but there's a fair amount of bullshit in there too. I've not read the whole book, but this seems to be one of those bullshitty bits. No one answer anyone can give to this question can be right, as music is a creative and individual thing. I'm pretty sure the guy who wrote Sugar Sugar didn't think "there's something missing here; oh yes, I forgot to add that element that Beethoven's Fifth has, thank fuck I'm one of the few people who know what the seven factors are which will guarantee me a top ten hit in any year."

Remember, there is no spoon.
lol weel have you noticed how many ppl are listening to all that shit hip hop these days? There has got to be some trick they are doing to get folks to listen to it.

------------------
taylorfrank is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 01:43 AM   #103
taylorfrank
Savage Mad Cunt
taylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MC
Denver
MC Status: 20112

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
hahahaaha +1

------------------
taylorfrank is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 02:01 AM   #104
dark_virus
Minor Glitch
dark_virus has a spectacular aura aboutdark_virus has a spectacular aura aboutdark_virus has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Since the forum is sending me mails about account deletion due to inactivity, here I am.

BTW, I agree with everything that you said.

------------------
dark_virus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: myself
Old 24-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #105
brn20
IDMf Artist
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802573
Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,192 Posts

On a side note, does anyone know how you unsubscribe from a thread?

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #106
rowdi
Radial Developer
rowdi is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 20

control then list subscriptions down ur left then tick the thread below it u'll see selected threads and a drop down open that up put it on delete subs and press go
rowdi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #107
Morpion
Morpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MC
Newcastle upon Tyne
MC Status: 2750247

One of the essential qualities of a top twenty hit is explicitly referred to in this here video:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Can't argue with that.

------------------
Morpion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #108
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
FL
MC Status: 91357273

^^ good god what the... ?

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #109
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906609
Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,148 Posts

Stav is a mad cunt and you will always find at least five qualities in every top ten track that you listen to. Unfortunately, there's a lot of gay cunts on this forum who seem to think that nobody buys music outside of pop music and that top ten charts don't exist for any genre that isn't getting caned on all of the radio stations. One of these days, they'll realise that there are top ten charts in every musical scene and if you examine the songs they contain, you'll identify many qualities contained within each which somehow make them accessible for larger audiences.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #110
brb
IDMf Artist
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69891619
Thanked 1,029 Times in 665 Posts

Yeah man, those queer homophobic Nazi Jew bastards don't know what they're talking about.

------------------
:mayonesa:
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #111
dapt funk
Soundwave Mangler
dapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MC
MC Status: 12698306

id imagine intro, verse, chorus, middle eight and end on a cadence are definitely in the top ten. Possible that a key change somewhere in the tune would be fairly common in most tracks, usually snuck into the track between the verse/chorus or most commonly the key change comes in the middle eight. when i was doing my music tech degree, one of the modules was music business and the lecturer was fairly adament that, especially with pop, if the intro didnt catch the a&r's ear, which is the usually the first 3-5secs then the track was binned, so as far as he was concerned the intro was one of the most important parts of the track.

Last edited by dapt funk; 29-09-2009 at 10:07 PM..
dapt funk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:52 AM   #112
timnosho
Minor Glitch
timnosho is a jewel in the roughtimnosho is a jewel in the roughtimnosho is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 289

Yo everyone I got it!!!! This song has all the answers.

timnosho is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #113
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603

Quote:
Originally Posted by timnosho View Post
I am on of those that loves electronic music and wishes to produce good sounding music. I was just looking for some help regarding my first post but it looks like no one actually read it.
but how can we help?
we are musicians.
you said yourself that it is unoticeable by musicians.
thus, we can't hear it/see it, and so naturally we can't help with it, since we are oblivious to the existence of this magic thing of yours..

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:21 AM   #114
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262786029
Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,770 Posts

Pretty old thread is pretty old.

Advertisements

Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote