90s Rompler Vsts - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Reply
Go Back » The Studio » The Studio
Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2017, 10:51 PM   #21
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
liquid_air's Avatar
Corny
Posts: 2,879
MC Status: 65210
Thanks: 1,070
Thanked 1,304 Times in 960 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleaze View Post
By the sound s of what you're saying, maybe drop the rompler idea and go for something like this.....[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

This is what is next on my list in the new year. Old hardware samplers have I distinct and unique sound to them. This is what I'm interested in, that dirty sound.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
I tend to run Kontakt through D16 Group’s Decimort set to 8 Bit and a Tape effect for that grit. A tinge of distortion from Saturn also, as needed. Works for me.

Advertisements


------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 11:56 PM   #22
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
NewWorldOrder's Avatar
Texas
Posts: 2,395
MC Status: 23960
Thanks: 395
Thanked 479 Times in 358 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

for some reason I thought you said romper sampler

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to NewWorldOrder
Vault O))) (03-07-2018)
Old 28-12-2017, 12:12 AM   #23
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
relic's Avatar
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
Posts: 17,888
MC Status: 8567130
Thanks: 11,374
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

If you can find the Zero-G Datafile Sample CDs (3-4 volumes came out I think) there is so much classic cheese on them. Just listening through the sample CDs is like a journey through the underground dance hits of the 90s.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 12:36 AM   #24
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
chasedobson's Avatar
Denver, CO
Posts: 3,311
MC Status: 1542077
Thanks: 1,086
Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,326 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

I saw the Roland announcement for this and thought who the hell is going to be like "oh shit! I always wanted one of those!!!" and then got to thinking how some of those sounds were staples in 90's industrial music that I enjoy and, well, at one point I had a JV2080 and started getting all nostalgic.

I'd still rather scoop up a 2080 or 5080 than have to subscribe to the roland cloud... if they offered a one time purchase I could see it being worthwhile but not a subscribe sort of deal.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 01:56 AM   #25
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
Dr. Sleaze's Avatar
I'm not who or where you think I am.
Posts: 311
MC Status: 9310
Thanks: 93
Thanked 186 Times in 135 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
I tend to run Kontakt through D16 Group’s Decimort set to 8 Bit and a Tape effect for that grit. A tinge of distortion from Saturn also, as needed. Works for me.
He was talking about hardware, but for me personally, it's cheaper to buy the hardware and just get the sound I'm after than faff about trying to emulate it with various vst's.

------------------
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 03:43 AM   #26
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
jbvdb493's Avatar
Posts: 2,007
MC Status: 32760
Thanks: 816
Thanked 655 Times in 521 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Not to be too much of a broken record, but I have to say that lately I’ve been getting a ton of great sounds out of layering iM1 and other synths!
Great sounding thing imo!
Add animoog or mono/poly to layer at its amazing!
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jbvdb493
relic (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 07:57 AM   #27
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
Schnork's Avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 961
MC Status: 19910
Thanks: 122
Thanked 398 Times in 291 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

I'm kind of lost now, because I went from 90s Rompler to old Samplers (thx Dr. Sleaze^^) and now I'm thinking about an Ensoniq TS-10 which is quite a beast with wavetable synthesis, Transwave, wavesequencing and sampling. Not sure if it involves actual sampling or just sample loading, though.
The ROM bank has 6 MB of samples from various acoustic instruments, synth waves, percussion and sound effects. So it has 6 MB of Romplering fun for me.
32 notes polyphony, a 61-note synth action keyboard with velocity and polyphonic aftertouch. Polyphonic aftertouch!
Linear and non linear sequencer + FX.
Around 450€ for the TS-10 model.
Doens't that sound like the perfect machine if one wants to inject some unusual sounds in their tracks?

You can even modulate the start and end points of a waveform.
I think a problem - besides you can't use dos formatted floppy disks could be when the keybed fails the start up test, the whole machine won't boot up.
That's fucked up....It could still be used with an external keyboard...

Last edited by Schnork; 01-01-2018 at 08:13 AM..

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:28 PM   #28
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
Dr. Sleaze's Avatar
I'm not who or where you think I am.
Posts: 311
MC Status: 9310
Thanks: 93
Thanked 186 Times in 135 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post
I'm kind of lost now, because I went from 90s Rompler to old Samplers (thx Dr. Sleaze^^) and now I'm thinking about an Ensoniq TS-10 which is quite a beast with wavetable synthesis, Transwave, wavesequencing and sampling. Not sure if it involves actual sampling or just sample loading, though.
The ROM bank has 6 MB of samples from various acoustic instruments, synth waves, percussion and sound effects. So it has 6 MB of Romplering fun for me.
32 notes polyphony, a 61-note synth action keyboard with velocity and polyphonic aftertouch. Polyphonic aftertouch!
Linear and non linear sequencer + FX.
Around 450€ for the TS-10 model.
Doens't that sound like the perfect machine if one wants to inject some unusual sounds in their tracks?


You can even modulate the start and end points of a waveform.
I think a problem - besides you can't use dos formatted floppy disks could be when the keybed fails the start up test, the whole machine won't boot up.
That's fucked up....It could still be used with an external keyboard...
Sorry, but you were talking about crafting sounds, and it jogged my memory of that video, with the guy and the tambourine sampled into the the A 5000 and coming out as something completely different.
That's a big synth. Weighs a ton from what I've read. From what I can gather, it doesn't actually sample itself, but you can load Ensoniq samples into it. If you do want to get one make sure you have, or can find everything you need to use it to it's fullest, software, a compatible computer, floppy drive, and discs etc.

------------------
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #29
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
lolirl's Avatar
Posts: 14,239
MC Status: 744043891
Thanks: 11,107
Thanked 7,529 Times in 4,657 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]


now reduced to £150. Absolute bargain.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:37 PM   #30
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
relic's Avatar
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
Posts: 17,888
MC Status: 8567130
Thanks: 11,374
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleaze View Post
He was talking about hardware, but for me personally, it's cheaper to buy the hardware and just get the sound I'm after than faff about trying to emulate it with various vst's.
I find it fascinating how differently people think about working. Just for myself and where I'm at I look at the same scenario and go "yea, in some regards it would be easier to just buy the thing to get the sound". But then I start thinking, OK I've got to this sorted with my audio patchbay, probably have to get it sorted with my MIDI setup and a new piece of gear almost always adds "headaches" in one regard or another. I have to find space in my tiny space where I can actually get to the damn thing and use it. Even taking money totally out of the equation, software just feels more productive for me on these kinds of things these days. Although most of the time when I want to emulate a vibe from a piece of gear, close enough works for me 90% of the time. And when it doesn't, I live with it.

Adding the hardware seems as much more faffing about than the software to me these days.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #31
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
jbvdb493's Avatar
Posts: 2,007
MC Status: 32760
Thanks: 816
Thanked 655 Times in 521 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I find it fascinating how differently people think about working. Just for myself and where I'm at I look at the same scenario and go "yea, in some regards it would be easier to just buy the thing to get the sound". But then I start thinking, OK I've got to this sorted with my audio patchbay, probably have to get it sorted with my MIDI setup and a new piece of gear almost always adds "headaches" in one regard or another. I have to find space in my tiny space where I can actually get to the damn thing and use it. Even taking money totally out of the equation, software just feels more productive for me on these kinds of things these days. Although most of the time when I want to emulate a vibe from a piece of gear, close enough works for me 90% of the time. And when it doesn't, I live with it.

Adding the hardware seems as much more faffing about than the software to me these days.
The worst aspect for me of a new piece of gear is more power cables! What a mess!
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:52 PM   #32
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
relic's Avatar
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
Posts: 17,888
MC Status: 8567130
Thanks: 11,374
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
The worst aspect for me of a new piece of gear is more power cables! What a mess!
I may spend some time cleaning up that mess the next couple weeks myself...

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:18 AM   #33
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
Dr. Sleaze's Avatar
I'm not who or where you think I am.
Posts: 311
MC Status: 9310
Thanks: 93
Thanked 186 Times in 135 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I find it fascinating how differently people think about working. Just for myself and where I'm at I look at the same scenario and go "yea, in some regards it would be easier to just buy the thing to get the sound". But then I start thinking, OK I've got to this sorted with my audio patchbay, probably have to get it sorted with my MIDI setup and a new piece of gear almost always adds "headaches" in one regard or another. I have to find space in my tiny space where I can actually get to the damn thing and use it. Even taking money totally out of the equation, software just feels more productive for me on these kinds of things these days. Although most of the time when I want to emulate a vibe from a piece of gear, close enough works for me 90% of the time. And when it doesn't, I live with it.

Adding the hardware seems as much more faffing about than the software to me these days.
Says the guy who's just bought a Moog Mother 32.
For someone like me who doesn't have a DAW, let alone Kontakt, Decimort, etc, plus I'd probably need to upgrade my ancient laptop to run them efficiently. So, the hardware makes more sense. It also does a lot more than just sample. Her's some examples.
Dual saw sound, processed through TWah+OD and T-XDly efx.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Organic type of sound created by additive synthesis.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The cool ”expand detune” function. According to manual this feature sets up a tuning differential (discord) between left and right channels. However, when you put the (stereo) width to 0 you get this crazy sounding PWM type of effect. Believe or not this sound example is a single saw oscilator . That is one sample, one timbre, one poly, no efx, no tricks or anything, just single saw waveform + expand detune function.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Love those dark, dirty, metallic sounds. I don't have anything that can make sounds like that at present.
The site is worth checking out. This is an in depth review of the Ensoniq TS-10 that Schnork is talking about.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Dr. Sleaze
relic (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 05:40 AM   #34
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
relic's Avatar
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
Posts: 17,888
MC Status: 8567130
Thanks: 11,374
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleaze View Post
Says the guy who's just bought a Moog Mother 32.
For someone like me who doesn't have a DAW, let alone Kontakt, Decimort, etc, plus I'd probably need to upgrade my ancient laptop to run them efficiently. So, the hardware makes more sense. It also does a lot more than just sample. Her's some examples.
Dual saw sound, processed through TWah+OD and T-XDly efx.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Organic type of sound created by additive synthesis.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The cool ”expand detune” function. According to manual this feature sets up a tuning differential (discord) between left and right channels. However, when you put the (stereo) width to 0 you get this crazy sounding PWM type of effect. Believe or not this sound example is a single saw oscilator . That is one sample, one timbre, one poly, no efx, no tricks or anything, just single saw waveform + expand detune function.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Love those dark, dirty, metallic sounds. I don't have anything that can make sounds like that at present.
The site is worth checking out. This is an in depth review of the Ensoniq TS-10 that Schnork is talking about.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Haha. Indeed! I guess that was almost 100% hypocritical. I apologize if it came off as a dig, I didn't mean it that way.

I guess it depends on what we are talking about--as for a rompler, if I can get those original sounds in a legal, free or paid download I'd go that route. If we are talking dirtying up samples, I'd probably still stay in the box there.

If we are talking I wan the E-mu Ultra 64 Z-Plane filters to make 90's DnB, I don't know of anything that exists like that in software and everything I've ever watched about trying to recreate it in a DAW looked like a huge task. That Esoniq TS-10 certainly seems to fall into that kind of territory.

I also feel you on the running an old computer. That is becoming problematic for me as well.

I think I got kind of lost on what the conversation was about--I quoted you when I was really responding to the thread in general I guess? I dunno, point being man, I totally get it and don't begrudge a fellow hardware user a purchase if it works for them!

I was just saying having owned a rompler and liked it--I still probably wouldn't buy one again for "those sounds" if I could get 90% of the way there in software. Samplers with special features besides lower audio quality are different though I think.

Workflow and limitations count for a lot as well.

Those examples all sound good. I like the tones in the first one a lot. And you know that I'll have to read that review of a cool piece of gear I've never heard of

Last edited by relic; 02-01-2018 at 05:50 AM..

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Dr. Sleaze (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 06:14 AM   #35
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
Schnork's Avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 961
MC Status: 19910
Thanks: 122
Thanked 398 Times in 291 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Speaking of Z-Plane Filters - I followed a step by step guide for a Z-Plane Filter emulation with Ableton‘s Auto Filter I‘ve read somewhere some time ago which was really complicated to set up - I had some cool results, mostly nice distortion^^ Dunno if it can sound like the real thing, though^^
But if anyone needs an excuse for modular; There is this eurorack Z-Plane Filter with real time control and ofc voltage control by Dave Rossum. IIRC the on the original units, you could not sweep the filter in real time...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]


@ Dr. Sleaze
Thx for the links, gonna check them out later!

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:16 AM   #36
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
relic's Avatar
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
Posts: 17,888
MC Status: 8567130
Thanks: 11,374
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post
Speaking of Z-Plane Filter - I followed a step by step guide for a Z-Plane Filter emulation with Ableton‘s Auto Filter I‘ve read somewhere some time ago which was really complicated to set up - I had some cool results, mostly nice distortion^^ Dunno if it can sound like the real thing...
But if anyone needs an excuse for modular; There is this eurorack Z-Plane Filter with real time control and ofc voltage control by Dave Rossum. IIRC the on the original units, you could not sweep the filter in real time...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]


@ Dr. Sleaze
Thx for the links, gonna check them out later!
I'm trying to come up with all the reasons not to go modular right now... :killme:

Very cool though...something else to fill my time instead of writing lesson plans while still on winter break : )

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:24 AM   #37
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
Dr. Sleaze's Avatar
I'm not who or where you think I am.
Posts: 311
MC Status: 9310
Thanks: 93
Thanked 186 Times in 135 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Haha. Indeed! I guess that was almost 100% hypocritical. I apologize if it came off as a dig, I didn't mean it that way.

I guess it depends on what we are talking about--as for a rompler, if I can get those original sounds in a legal, free or paid download I'd go that route. If we are talking dirtying up samples, I'd probably still stay in the box there.

If we are talking I wan the E-mu Ultra 64 Z-Plane filters to make 90's DnB, I don't know of anything that exists like that in software and everything I've ever watched about trying to recreate it in a DAW looked like a huge task. That Esoniq TS-10 certainly seems to fall into that kind of territory.

I also feel you on the running an old computer. That is becoming problematic for me as well.

I think I got kind of lost on what the conversation was about--I quoted you when I was really responding to the thread in general I guess? I dunno, point being man, I totally get it and don't begrudge a fellow hardware user a purchase if it works for them!

I was just saying having owned a rompler and liked it--I still probably wouldn't buy one again for "those sounds" if I could get 90% of the way there in software. Samplers with special features besides lower audio quality are different though I think.

Workflow and limitations count for a lot as well.

Those examples all sound good. I like the tones in the first one a lot. And you know that I'll have to read that review of a cool piece of gear I've never heard of
Nah, didn't come of as a dig, I just found it a bit ironic really. Same with Liquid Air. All that beautiful hardware gear.
Yes you can get the samples, but if you load them into Kontakt, it still won't be quite the same as coming from the machine itself, especially when it comes to samplers. Although the sampler in Cubase is pretty close.

------------------
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Dr. Sleaze
relic (02-01-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 01:26 AM   #38
KnobGobllin
Minor Glitch
KnobGobllin is a splendid one to beholdKnobGobllin is a splendid one to beholdKnobGobllin is a splendid one to beholdKnobGobllin is a splendid one to beholdKnobGobllin is a splendid one to beholdKnobGobllin is a splendid one to behold
Posts: 32
MC Status: 660
Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

Kurzweil k2000 and k2500 racks are dirt cheap these days, give you all the 90's cheese you could possibly want and still be capable of blowing your mind with the insane futuristic sounds you can make.
KnobGobllin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #39
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
A.M's Avatar
Age: 52
Posts: 10,050
MC Status: 203560
Thanks: 11,990
Thanked 4,071 Times in 3,024 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

So, what are the options / suggestion for a 90s Rompler VST? I see a lot of talk about hardware, but I'm buggered if I can find any good VSTs mentioned recently.

Oh..and @ [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: Dude, if you're gong to post and be a part of this online community, then at least try and engage with us and make your posts worth reading..say something that actually adds to the conversation.

You've made 3 posts so far, at the time I'm typing this, and each is just classic "post-count bumping"..which isn't tolerated on IDMf and can result in you getting banned. Just pointing that out, as you're new and may not fully understand yet how things work on here.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #40
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
White Noise's Avatar
California
Posts: 1,040
MC Status: 29310
Thanks: 129
Thanked 586 Times in 404 Posts
Re: 90s Rompler Vsts

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]


That's what I use, in addition to the korg m1 vst. M1 isn't a rompler though.

Advertisements


------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
A.M (11-07-2018)
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Dark Techno Comp Reject / 90's Rave] Jazzyspoon - Spiritual Processor (17 mix) Jazzyspoon Listening Booth 9 27-03-2018 07:19 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.