Do you really want to buy loops? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 14-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #121
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69860
Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,035 Posts
Re: Do you really want to buy loops?

I think a good 2/3rd of the material I use now is like handy-downs from other users, whether it was a sample I cut and re purposed, or a a specific sound wave I liked in the sample to make a synth with.

I think it's just a bit more intuitive than patching a synth because when I do that it's more of just twiddling the adsr and the envelopes for 3 hours with no real goal, when the sampling will paint a picture for what it wants to be for me.

Advertisements

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #122
Aniol
Soundscaper
Aniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to behold
Huntington Beach
MC Status: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I think a good 2/3rd of the material I use now is like handy-downs from other users, whether it was a sample I cut and re purposed, or a a specific sound wave I liked in the sample to make a synth with.

I think it's just a bit more intuitive than patching a synth because when I do that it's more of just twiddling the adsr and the envelopes for 3 hours with no real goal, when the sampling will paint a picture for what it wants to be for me.
probably most are handy downs haha
Aniol is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #123
spisnok
Analog Lurker
spisnok will become famous soon enoughspisnok will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Out of curiosity. Has anybody "famous" artist ever bought synth lead loops?

------------------
spisnok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #124
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 203560
Thanked 4,071 Times in 3,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spisnok View Post
Out of curiosity. Has anybody "famous" artist ever bought synth lead loops?
Yes..I have.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Dippshoe (16-04-2013)
Old 16-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #125
twilitez
twilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9060

I would rather not, since i consider myself pretty decent at making drums out of well, just about anything. But sometimes its just not working out and ill grab a loop, noise gate it, sidechain it to another loop and layer it with some manually programmed stuff etc etc.
Would consider buying a pack of excellent arabian percussion style loops though, i found a small free one long ago and havent found anything as good for at least a year since.

------------------
twilitez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 04:11 AM   #126
Eggyokeo
Microknight
Eggyokeo is just really niceEggyokeo is just really niceEggyokeo is just really niceEggyokeo is just really nice
Some where in the bush
MC Status: 360

I love loops of any sort, music, percussion, ambiance the sound of koalas shagging. i love working with audio files, chopping them up reversing them re pitching them.

A lot of my sounds come from re-mix packs i then edited them to beyond recognition. or i sample you tube vids and loop them up or i record myself and loop them up. i often by sample pack of instruments that i can't create naturally, a track i did recently heavily used sound from a didgeridoo sample pack I can't play a didg and i don't know anyone who can.

why program in a tambourine beat when you can get a much better and natural sounding live recorded loop and edit the rhythm a bit.

I love taking music loops (guitar strumming, piano, dogs barking, etc) cutting them up and putting them in a ableton drum rack and bashing out a rhythm on some pads, bounce them down to a loop and edit the audio more.

Sounds can come from anywhere including commercial sample packs, i use sample pack one shots and multi samples sounds a lot.

------------------
Eggyokeo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #127
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199649168
Thanked 4,998 Times in 3,212 Posts

^Sounds like the final word to me.

Second?
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #128
Felt
Learning The Ropes
Felt is currently spamming hard
Los Angeles
MC Status: 10

make your own
Felt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #129
Syncopate Life
Soundscaper
Syncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant future
Hawai'i
MC Status: 1960

the only samples I have to my name right now are about 200 percussion sounds and around 9 drum kit sounds total ;_____;

------------------
Syncopate Life is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #130
Leotrix
Granular Poster
Leotrix has a spectacular aura aboutLeotrix has a spectacular aura aboutLeotrix has a spectacular aura about
Sydney
MC Status: 210

Buying loops always leads to trouble. Make your own loops. Buying samples is different though.
Leotrix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #131
Zenchamusic
Granular Poster
Zenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110

Loops are like legos. Every can have access them to them but no two people will build the same thing from them.

Because of this, I think loops are fine.
Zenchamusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #132
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110850
Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,421 Posts

I am officially unsubscribing from this thread. I can't take it anymore.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
RFJ (27-04-2013)
Old 27-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #133
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199649168
Thanked 4,998 Times in 3,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
I am officially unsubscribing from this thread. I can't take it anymore.
Plus one.

I'll see your unsubscribe and raise you a one star terrible vote on the way out.

:bye:
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #134
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 34650
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts

adios noobs

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #135
NanpaNoir
Sample Destroyer
NanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant future
San Antonio, TX
MC Status: 1560

I will never buy any loops again.

------------------
NanpaNoir is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to NanpaNoir
relic (28-04-2013)
Old 28-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #136
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts

^ You, sir, are a gentleman AND a scholar.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #137
NanpaNoir
Sample Destroyer
NanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant futureNanpaNoir has a brilliant future
San Antonio, TX
MC Status: 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
^ You, sir, are a gentleman AND a scholar.
Cheers !

Advertisements

------------------
NanpaNoir is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote