A confused beginner
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:14 PM   #1
rotem4432
IDMf's latest spammer
rotem4432 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
A confused beginner

Hey guys,
First of all, I'm really glad that I found out about this forum.
I started to produce with zero knowledge of production and music theory 2 months ago.
in the past 2 months I learned a lot but not I'm facing a situation that I really need some little help.

I Made up a Progressive House by my own and its sound shitty, could someone help me understand what I did wrong?

Thank you very much guys, I really appreciate that!

The host is LINK REMOVED

Sorry i posted the link in this shitty way, but there is no other way for me because i don't have enough posts yet

Last edited by Automageddon; 12-08-2018 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Link removed.

Advertisements

rotem4432 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:46 PM   #2
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269486508
Thanked 3,258 Times in 2,141 Posts
Re: A confused beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotem4432 View Post
i don't have enough posts yet
Exactly the point, be active on the forum, check other tracks on the Listening Booth, contribute a bit, not just spamming, then post your track.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
Parricide (13-08-2018)
Old 13-08-2018, 04:38 AM   #3
Mark Ames
Soundwave Mangler
Mark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond reputeMark Ames has a reputation beyond repute
Ventura County California
MC Status: 2110

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotem4432 View Post
Hey guys,
First of all, I'm really glad that I found out about this forum.
I started to produce with zero knowledge of production and music theory 2 months ago.
in the past 2 months I learned a lot but not I'm facing a situation that I really need some little help.

I Made up a Progressive House by my own and its sound shitty, could someone help me understand what I did wrong?

Thank you very much guys, I really appreciate that!

The host is LINK REMOVED

Sorry i posted the link in this shitty way, but there is no other way for me because i don't have enough posts yet
Assuming you like the IDEAS in your piece and that itís the QUALITY your not happy with...
Make a copy and start experimenting
Does it have too much stuff? If so ... delete some stuff
Does it sound muddy? Then run it through a high-pass filter and see if that helps.
Try lots of different things... be brave...
Whenever you think youíve made an improvement make a new copy and try a new experiment.
After you have several versions listen to them one at a time and decide which one is best.
Make a new copy and start experimenting again
If it seems like your getting nowhere then delete everything and start over... donít worry... you learned a lot and you will never waste another minute listening to that shitty piece again.
Mark Ames is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 06:20 AM   #4
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18054269
Thanked 1,085 Times in 819 Posts

it will sound like shit. production takes years of practice. keep at it and keep learning.
in the mean time, have a look around and get involved.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Parricide
jVs (14-08-2018)
Old 13-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #5
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 38060

tbh it took me a year of producing solo and another year on here before I did anything worth fixing, then another year to get good. And I'm relatively fast. And I still drop a turd from time to time.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 02:24 AM   #6
Vault O)))
Retard Boy
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 70310
Thanked 1,406 Times in 911 Posts

I've been making music in DAW's for the past 20 years and I still suck, so don't put a time frame on any of this. The whole thing is a learning process, and it's hard to be objective about your own work.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
jVs (14-08-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #7
wearemindflux
Regular Freak
wearemindflux is a jewel in the roughwearemindflux is a jewel in the roughwearemindflux is a jewel in the roughwearemindflux is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I would just keep learning, 2 months is not that long.

Some things to check is your sound layering, tuning of drums, mix levels

Advertisements

wearemindflux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote