[Deep House] Andrew Winds - 8-10-2 Alpha (wip)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 10-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
Andrew_Winds
Sample Destroyer
Andrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 247250
[Deep House] Andrew Winds - 8-10-2 Alpha (wip)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
My Soundcloud
Latest:
Andrew_Winds is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Deep House] Andrew Winds - 8-10-2 Alpha (wip).
Old 10-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8589280
Thanked 7,967 Times in 5,599 Posts
Re: [Deep House] Andrew Winds - 8-10-2 Alpha (wip)

It's a huge stretch to even call this House and I really don't think people looking for Deep House are going to be expecting something that at this tempo and especially something this frantic. Just my opinion. Do as you will : )

The chord stabs that start the song off have about the right texture. The other two synth sounds feel a little basic to me, a little 8-bit ish, simple wave shape. I usually (and deep house usually) wants something with more movement in a patch.

Mix is pretty clear. Hard to make global comments about tension/release, pacing, arrangement etc with a short clip.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 06:04 PM   #3
Andrew_Winds
Sample Destroyer
Andrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 247250

Thank you for the feedback. I'm honestly not familiar with many electronic genres and I didn't want to just tag it with [Electronic]. What genre would you consider this to be? Breaks, perhaps?

Your feedback is very helpful and I'll incorporate it into the final version of this song. Thank you again.

------------------
My Soundcloud
Latest:
Andrew_Winds is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
Paggos
Savage Mad Cunt
Paggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MC
Zhengzhou, China
MC Status: 3541243

Nice experimental stuff. Kind of has an old school euro dance vibe mixed in with some current sounds. I'd just call this "Dance" or "Breakbeat", something like that.

About the track, I really like the beginning stabs, but this track to me is also very progressive, with those beginning stabs you can automate the cut off and add some effects, add some variation in there (if you want) but it'd add a new dimension to the track and it gives you more to work with.

The lead sound is basic, it's something i'd use though especially in my old tracks. One of the problems with this track is that it starts to evolve, but then you just throw a melody on the top of it and it suddenly ends. Maybe having a break part and then having it rise again with the pads on top of that final melody, then fading out.

Cool track man.

------------------
www.fb.com/page.paggos
:mayonesa::mayonesa:
Paggos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 09:14 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8589280
Thanked 7,967 Times in 5,599 Posts

Well. Breaks usually are usually breakbeat oriented and this isnt if I recall. I think just tagging it as dance or EDM would be fine. Its a bit od the cart before the horse worrying about genre at this point imo.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 09:59 PM   #6
Brookside_Chase
Minor Glitch
Brookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of lightBrookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of lightBrookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of lightBrookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of lightBrookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of lightBrookside_Chase is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Hey would you be opposed to going into darker territory with this track? I love harmonies and melodies but I can hear a bit of atonal techno underneath the harmonic arrangement of this track and I would just go full on with the techno in this particular track. I would strip out the chords, keep the break beat but lower its volume and presence in the mix at the beginning. Later on I would make a part where the break beat itself is just kicking over a sub and/or 303. I would probably keep the bass line and keep the weird atonal sound that comes in around 28 seconds and expand on that concept. I would make the beats kick harder and make the beat and the bass line the focal point of the track. It might be pretty sick. The track right now actually reminds me a little bit of old school Prodigy but not nearly as hard or as dark as them. I would label it old school rave. But don't worry about the genre right now. Just finish the track and then worry about that or just say f it and put it under electronica/edm/house/techno/or some other genre name du jour...

Last edited by Brookside_Chase; 18-08-2018 at 12:07 AM..

Advertisements

Brookside_Chase is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote