[Downtempo] Aukopi - Proliferate 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 11-08-2018, 05:08 AM   #1
Smile_Price
Knob Twiddler
Smile_Price has much to be proud ofSmile_Price has much to be proud ofSmile_Price has much to be proud ofSmile_Price has much to be proud ofSmile_Price has much to be proud ofSmile_Price has much to be proud ofSmile_Price has much to be proud ofSmile_Price has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1060
[Downtempo] Aukopi - Proliferate 2

New version. Thinking about adding some rain ambience during the beginning and end but it is coming together as far as I can tell. There is a little more variety now. Reckon the mix still needs work but I'm still more concerned about the structure right now.

Advertisements

------------------
Smile_Price is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Downtempo] Aukopi - Proliferate 2.
Old 13-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
Cardinal
Granular Poster
Cardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
Re: [Downtempo] Aukopi - Proliferate 2

1:25 feels too abrupt, the melody that comes after should sound stronger imo, whether volume or clarity as its reverb is overpowering it now.

4:59 that little bass fill is nice, but isn't very impactful, maybe adding more distortion or pausing the drums when it comes in could serve as a nice break/variation for the song.
Cardinal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 12:28 AM   #3
gatefour
Soundscaper
gatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to all
MC Status: 610
Re: [Downtempo] Aukopi - Proliferate 2

I don't feel like I should comment on the structure as I think that's really subjective, and if you like it, that's fine.

But... in terms of the mix, I think the drums could be punchier... they sound a bit flat and a bit too dry. I'd do a bit of subtractive EQing on the synths, and add maybe +3db on the drums overall, and a touch more reverb on the whole channel.

Advertisements

------------------
gatefour is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote