Beat Battle 82: Quiet Chad, the Loud virgin - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles Beat Battle's happen here.

Old 29-07-2018, 02:16 PM   #61
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 38110
Re: Beat Battle 82: Quiet Chad, the Loud virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebesch View Post
I'm voting for mnkvolcno. Great track, I'll have to step up my game if you guys are going to be this good.
thanks for the kind words. i was trying to not half ass it this time.. still felt like i wasnt finished tho. c'est la vie.

i'm gonna give these all a good listen and vote. lots of good stuff this time. . i really like all the subs.

Advertisements

mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnkvolcno
Iyashi Sound (30-07-2018)
Old 30-07-2018, 06:43 AM   #62
Iyashi Sound
Master of the LFO
Iyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MC
MC Status: 21660

All right then, let me see if I can get my head around voting as well. It's very early in the morning here, so please excuse me if I ramble on a bit.

I like how Tsachi's track is sounding very improvised - to a point where a loungy jazz trumpet on top would make sense. It feels very relaxed, and so is also relaxing to listen to. Formally it's still quite a mess though, - and could probably benefit from some more editing. Despite the conscious attempts to sound like shit, the sound quality is very nice (as usual).

Trebesche's track has some nice synth/pad work in there, but there's something about the way the voice samples ended up, that somehow reminds me too much about someone shouting in my ear in a club (the music too loud to really understand what he's saying - -although he's saying it very loudly). Despite my personal dislike for club-shouters, it's nonetheless a fun way to approach the "much dynamic range" rule The beats are perhaps a little straight/quantized for my taste, but they fit the electro-like style nicely. I feel like the mix could benefit from some more low end elements, though, - like a sub octave double of the bass-line or kick, for example.

The synth-work on mnkvolcno' track is very impressive, with some excellent use of detuned voices. I suppose my only (minor) complaint would be, that the synths almost tend to outshine the beats now. Not that the beats are bad, the synths are just on another level. I really enjoyed the overall cinematic style of the track, so please take it with a grain of salt. It's very tasty stuff!

I/O's track is in a whole other direction, but is very good as well. I especially love the way the voice-samples have been transformed into something very different from the original. The rough distortion in the loud passages almost takes it into abstract noise territory, while the bizarre drum mix in the first half is just excellent, - feels almost like being lost in a dream. I love the dub-like effects as well.

hmm..

I think,for me, the choice will have to be between mnkvolcno and I/O this round, - but since I/O's track seems slightly more coherent (although in a very different style), I'll go ahead and vote for that.

Thanks

Last edited by Iyashi Sound; 30-07-2018 at 06:53 AM..
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #63
Tsachi
IDMf Artist
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 20910

I vote mingy volcano

------------------
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 11:08 PM   #64
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11499554
Thanked 1,242 Times in 906 Posts

The Tracks

I/O_Madness

Iyashi Sound

mnkvolcno

Trebesch

Tsachi

Last edited by I/O_Madness; 31-07-2018 at 10:00 AM..

------------------
"I imagine for something like that you'd need a rather large number of microphones"
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
Even Unregistered can compete in the latest BEAT BATTLE!!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 11:09 PM   #65
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11499554
Thanked 1,242 Times in 906 Posts

Iyashi:
A Special Sound - I like the kick thumping on the right channel. Awesome groove. Cool change at 1:18. I think if there was another section to come in during the middle section it'd highlight its groovy tone. Love the groove tho, solid.

Rowena-Cool jam. That offbeat flangey pad sound sounds like a Star Wars blaster. I like the random noises in the background.

mnkvolcno
I like the light, sorta dnb feel. Like the synth between 1:00 and 2:00. Was that your live part? Cool beat edits 2:42. Very cool, and groovy.

Trebesch

Like the toy sounding-ness of that synth in the background at the beginning. Very gothic and 80's sounding. Cool vocal effect on special sound. The vocal samples are a bit hot I feel for the supporting elements. The other parts create a nice pallete, then the vocal comes in and it comes over kinda shrill. Maybe balancing it with the other lines, or maybe it's just me. Good work.

Tsachi
I like the little noise machines-turning-on at the beginning. It reminds me a bit of Flying Lotus at the beginning, the beats kinda intermingling in this playful flow. Dig it.

Me thinks...

My vote goes to mnkvolcno, with an honorable mention to Iyashi.

I liked the dnb feel, along with neat sample edits and also a kind of mouse on mars/luke vibert funk.

Iyashi, freakin' loved the groove, just bouncing my head to it. The middle section was just a bit bare, which kinda killed the vibe after the intro.

Last edited by I/O_Madness; 31-07-2018 at 10:00 AM..

------------------
"I imagine for something like that you'd need a rather large number of microphones"
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
Even Unregistered can compete in the latest BEAT BATTLE!!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #66
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC

Well what the heck.. I posted that I voted for IO but it didn’t go through.

I vote for IO. Great dynamics and you really took it in a unique direction well done.

Everyone’s else’s were top notch as well. I particularly liked the atmo of iyashi’s subs.

Keep it up.

But I think we’re at a tie now? What do we do? Sudden death or something.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #67
Iyashi Sound
Master of the LFO
Iyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MC

Since you're the one who ran this battle, I think it's fair if you just decide what to do

You might try going to the "Off Topic" thread and ask people to come over and throw some votes around. I seem to remember doing something like that worked for brb in a similar situation once.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #68
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45979398
Thanked 1,471 Times in 1,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsachi View Post
I vote mingy volcano

I also vote mnkvolcno

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
Iyashi Sound (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 01:33 PM   #69
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

alrighty then... i believe i'm up to bat then.

Leaving town this morning for a short vacay, but I will find time (today) to dig up more cat samples and think of some fun rules on the drive. long live teh beat battles!
Thanks to mnkvolcno
Iyashi Sound (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 03:36 PM   #70
Iyashi Sound
Master of the LFO

Congrats on a well earnt victory, - and best wishes for your vacation!

Congratulations also to Tsachi for successfully managing not to win this round

See you in the next one.

Last edited by Iyashi Sound; 01-08-2018 at 06:26 PM..

Advertisements