The Hardware Thread - Page 707
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 22-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #14121
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: The Hardware Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
It’s pretty fun, but at the same time I find that there are enough frustrating things about the mpc that I am thinking about it.
The biggest thing for me has been going from a mess of ideas into an arrangement.

This is basically how I inched closer and closer to going back to all software. I still think hardware is useful, valuable and fun (edit: I should finish my thought), but it felt like it was really slowing me down.

Last edited by relic; 22-06-2018 at 05:56 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (22-06-2018)
Old 23-06-2018, 02:45 AM   #14122
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 65210
Thanked 1,304 Times in 960 Posts

Very low pH...

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 03:27 AM   #14123
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Acceeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!

------------------
Thanks to relic
liquid_air (23-06-2018)
Old 23-06-2018, 04:10 AM   #14124
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Acceeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!
Damn right!

SEM filter cartridge is rad.

------------------

Thanks to liquid_air
relic (23-06-2018)
Old 23-06-2018, 04:56 AM   #14125
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Damn right!

SEM filter cartridge is rad.
I am as thinking if Im gonna keep going down this house house/techno road I might need a 303 clone in my life...

------------------
Old 23-06-2018, 05:09 AM   #14126
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Quote:
I am as thinking if Im gonna keep going down this house house/techno road I might need a 303 clone in my life...
Everyone needs a 303.

The Avalon ain’t no clone it’s the TB-303 MKII.

— I now have a battery operated TB-03 on my nightstand to serenade me to sleep. I need that TR-09 model to run along, I suppose.

Last edited by liquid_air; 23-06-2018 at 05:28 AM..

------------------

Thanks to liquid_air
thom (07-07-2018)
Old 23-06-2018, 09:19 AM   #14127
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269480808
Thanked 3,144 Times in 2,079 Posts

Quote:
GEAR JUNKIE!

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 04:22 PM   #14128
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Everyone needs a 303.

The Avalon ain’t no clone it’s the TB-303 MKII.

— I now have a battery operated TB-03 on my nightstand to serenade me to sleep. I need that TR-09 model to run along, I suppose.
Personally, I'm not interested in it being 100% authentic. I honestly don't think it matters to people on the dance floor. I'm over making music for online gear heads (no jab intended to anyone here, but I think you know what I mean).

The Avalon seems like a good one, though if I'm honest I probably won't go for a boutique one myself.

Auto yes : ) did I claim otherwise??? I just needed a change of pace and the way life is going lately, I didn't have time for the gear anyway.

------------------
Old 23-06-2018, 07:45 PM   #14129
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42408249
Thanked 5,485 Times in 3,565 Posts

Neema nommas rule, doesn't matter what makes them.

------------------
IDMf050: Its coming home.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:52 AM   #14130
KnobGobllin
Minor Glitch
KnobGobllin is a splendid one to beholdKnobGobllin is a splendid one to beholdKnobGobllin is a splendid one to beholdKnobGobllin is a splendid one to beholdKnobGobllin is a splendid one to beholdKnobGobllin is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

Very sexy set up @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Does the Avalon respond to pattern changes from the Elektron's?
KnobGobllin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:00 AM   #14131
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5747143

EDIT - So yea apparently I got drunk... and derpy.

This is the the DFAM twiddling I did with some drums.

The twiddle of DFAM(downloadable):

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by bbb; 06-07-2018 at 12:38 AM..

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:19 AM   #14132
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobGobllin View Post
Very sexy set up @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Does the Avalon respond to pattern changes from the Elektron's?
It certainly does. Albeit, Iíll place the Deluge front and center, soon.

------------------

Thanks to liquid_air
KnobGobllin (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 03:39 AM   #14133
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 32860

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
So I don't know the last time I actually turned on a piece of hardware and really got excited to show it off. So Saturday, I woke up and turned on the DFAM with the idea I wasn't going to make the actual kick/snare but a rhythmic pattern of weirdness. I think it was actually set up from the last time I played with it but I did some tweaking around and hit record.

The SC link is additonal layers: drums, keys, and bass to go along with an edited version of what I was knob twiddling originally. I had so much fun just twiddling the additive layer of DFAM with the rest of it, it was crazy. I was also a bit stoned...probably had a hand in everything.

So the section is pretty basic but very much something to build off of. And really, it's more to highlight my twiddling allowing for extended variations.

And I'm going to link the audio from the twiddling, as well, for DL if anyone is interested. I'm also very keen on the idea of making a sample pack but it wouldn't be only HW. I'm really enjoying the "cinematic" side of The Giant. It has a pretty sick perc preset, if that's what you can really call it as well.

I'll update/edit tonight.

So the Title is a DERP....I tried to think of something related to DFAM, and added 2 for the second time I was showing. Anyway, I hope it sounds good.

So the "WIP":

The twiddle of DFAM:

FYI your soundcloud embeds arenít working, it seems to be a forum wide issue lately.

I checked your soundcloud out, found something called MAFD or some such, sounded cool.
Not sure that was the one.
Anyway all the soundcloud/bandcamp embeds have been wacky lately it seems, at least for me.

Last edited by jbvdb493; 03-07-2018 at 03:45 AM..

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:47 AM   #14134
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5747143

went the URL method and left of the bullshit player...Was thinking it was a delay to access but....guess not

And the literal idea of the WIP portion is to listen at the DFAM difference(the rest is pretty repeatitive).

Edit - Alcohol may have been involved last night...

Last edited by bbb; 03-07-2018 at 01:52 PM..

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #14135
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
on uranus looking for klingons!
MC Status: 329128500
Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Alcohol may have been involved last night...
nooooo waaaay. and on a Friday night too. (sarcastically)

------------------
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Rixtr
bbb (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 11:25 AM   #14136
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 203610
Thanked 4,072 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
FYI your soundcloud embeds arenít working, it seems to be a forum wide issue lately.
They are working..or, at least, they seem to be working just fine for me. You have to follow the steps posted [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
to get them to work. I know, it's a bit of "jumping through hoops", but it doesn't take that long to do if you really want to share your stuff on here.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #14137
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 179110
Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote:
Everyone needs a 303.

The Avalon ainít no clone itís the TB-303 MKII.

ó I now have a battery operated TB-03 on my nightstand to serenade me to sleep. I need that TR-09 model to run along, I suppose.

Yeah soon enough there might be free room in the bed too.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #14138
logic7
Soundscaper
logic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond reputelogic7 has a reputation beyond repute
someplace else
MC Status: 3778

Quote:
I very, very briefly had a Novation Bass Station rack (not the Super Bass Station, the regular joint). Back then it made great 303 sounds. Couldn't tell me I wasn't gonna be the next Plastikman with it. ... sadly I had to sell it to cover some bills. Only had it two weeks.

Last edited by logic7; Yesterday at 11:39 PM..
logic7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to logic7
A.M (Yesterday)
Old Today, 01:10 AM   #14139
old brain
Radial Developer
old brain has a brilliant futureold brain has a brilliant futureold brain has a brilliant futureold brain has a brilliant futureold brain has a brilliant futureold brain has a brilliant futureold brain has a brilliant futureold brain has a brilliant futureold brain has a brilliant futureold brain has a brilliant futureold brain has a brilliant future
Ettalong Beach NSW Australia
MC Status: 1560

Yes Logic7 I can sympthasise with you in some respect when I consider the equipment I had to sell all those years ago when financial problems were pressing down. The DX7, MS20, Boss mixer, etc, etc. Some painful memories and perhaps some lessons learned...?

Advertisements

old brain is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote