[Metalcore] M. Goldbricker - Division (Vocals = placeholder)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 11-07-2018, 01:31 AM   #1
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O)))
MC Status: -2147481947
Thanked 1,173 Times in 775 Posts
[Metalcore] M. Goldbricker - Division (Vocals = placeholder)

Edit #3: I think I finally got the instruments clear at least

First mix: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(Pretty sure this one is worse)

Last edited by Vault O))); 11-07-2018 at 04:57 PM..

Advertisements

Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Metalcore] M. Goldbricker - Division (Vocals = placeholder).
Old 11-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Bergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 4960
Re: [Metalcore] M. Goldbricker - Division (Vocals = placeholder)

Is that you on the vocals?

------------------
Bergnermd is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:52 PM   #3
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O)))
MC Status: -2147481947
Thanked 1,173 Times in 775 Posts

No, it's Voices of Rage for Kontakt. I'm just using them to try to get an entire mix of a song without my shitty vocals getting in the way
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
Artificer
Deep Underground
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 40660

It's cool, but the placeholder vocals kinda shit it up for me. They're really monotone and undynamic, and I think they fuck with the perception of the mix because you've got this really solid, dynamic performance with lots of movement under it and it just doesn't fit. It's the audio version of a medium rare filet mignon covered in ketsup - there's obviously great stuff under there, but you can barely tell for the crap on top of it.

I think you should just do your own vocals. Cover them with reverb and distortion and bury them in the mix if you have to, but at least it won't sound programmed. The problem with this whole process is that eventually someone's going to sing over your stuff (you or whoever) and it's likely going to end up being wildly different from a sonic viewpoint by virtue of being a real human, so I'm not sure the placeholders are doing you any favors. Or someone isn't going to sing over it, in which case you're wasting your time and should be finding new and interesting ways to fill that sonic space.

Have you tried getting ahold of Stapp? I hear he's got free time these days..

------------------
"It doesn't dry out your skin like soap doesn't."

- Dirk Colon, 2017
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:36 PM   #5
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 125610
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,473 Posts

I still need to send you that mixing project file, totally forgot about that. Those voice of rage samples are lolbad. At the end, it's a joke library, what should we expect. I wouldn't even bother using them as a placeholder, it makes me feel uneasy. If I wasn't living in some third-world country I would go to to Stapp's door and ask for collab, just offer him non-alco beer and say you're his lost son from some one-night stand when Creed was a big thing. Another thing I'm suggesting is to re-amp guitars, for me it's lacking some M E A T. Trust me, my dad is Rick Rubin.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #6
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Bergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
No, it's Voices of Rage for Kontakt. I'm just using them to try to get an entire mix of a song without my shitty vocals getting in the way
Kontakt makes shit for metal vocals? thats fucking nuts lol

------------------
Old 12-07-2018, 02:01 PM   #7
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Wisconsin

Really Love the song, I wish I could sing metal cause I would totally try to write something. Great song

------------------
Old Today, 03:05 AM   #8
CrimsonDarkness
IDMf's latest spammer
CrimsonDarkness is currently spamming hard
Richmond, VA
MC Status: 10

I dig it. I've always wanted to see more crossover between metal and electronic music.

A while back I made an electronic remix of Disposable Heroes by Metallica. I can't stand hearing the sound of hearing my own voice but I was able to use some effects to make it sound robotic which ended up sounding pretty cool. The biggest challenge I found in it was mixing the synths right so they weren't crushing each other. Unfortunately, I lost the project when my computer bricked.

Advertisements

CrimsonDarkness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote