Does anyone here creates his own unique sound or style? I'm interested to know!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 19-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Punkerzparadise
Granular Poster
Punkerzparadise will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Does anyone here creates his own unique sound or style? I'm interested to know!

Hi, I'm Cedric from Amsterdam and last weekend I went to the DanceFair in Utrecht. We took our newest and most badass tracks with us to let them be played at te label booths. Too bad tough, no one of the labels said we had what they wanted, because of the unfamiliar music we produce.

Now is my question, who is producing like an artist and who is producing like a producer?

Cedric

Advertisements

Punkerzparadise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
baldeeee
Granular Poster
baldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MC
Leeds
MC Status: 340102
Re: Does anyone here creates his own unique sound or style? I'm interested to know!

That's quite a bold statement. I'm very intrigued to hear your music now.....

------------------
baldeeee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
Aktix
Granular Poster
Aktix will become famous soon enoughAktix will become famous soon enough
London
MC Status: 110
Re: Does anyone here creates his own unique sound or style? I'm interested to know!

Post your tracks

------------------

Aktix - Scruple (Tech House)

Aktix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
hekmix
Minor Glitch
hekmix has a spectacular aura abouthekmix has a spectacular aura about
Cornwall
MC Status: 160

I make very strange fucked up sounds just messing about.

I made this demonic beast using samples with people from across the world. One guy in America, one from the UK, and the rest were like.. Australia, finland etc.

I would show you.. but I can't post links
hekmix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
Punkerzparadise
Granular Poster

I still have to wait till I can post links in this thread haha. I'm new to the forum. Is there another way I can give you links in here?
Old 19-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59128526

subscribing in hopeful expectation of further developments
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
Punkerzparadise
Granular Poster

You mean, keep on talking corresponding here haha right
Old 19-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
statisticquill
Ghostly
statisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond reputestatisticquill has a reputation beyond repute
Calgary
MC Status: 7510

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I'm guessing thats your stuff?
statisticquill is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to statisticquill
lebeux (19-02-2013)
Old 19-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
Punkerzparadise
Granular Poster

Yes, and if you want to hear more you can find me at TokyoBoss@ Soundcloud and my companion Skølavik@ sound cloud
Old 19-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #10
Akiak
Sample Destroyer
Akiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to behold
Napoli
MC Status: 960

Giving a genre to my music is always hard and I hate it, but I have to do it or my chances of attracting attention are slim. But it's always the last part, I don't think about it at all during the creation and no one really should.

IMO as long as you're creating music yourself without listening to other artists for ideas then you're an artist. If you start structuring your tracks according to "rules" like intro-core-break-outro whatever, then you're starting to drift away from that definition.
Akiak is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
Punkerzparadise
Granular Poster

Why don't you give it your own 'genre'. That's what we did. Saved us a lot of thinking troubles haha
Old 19-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Punkerzparadise
Granular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra View Post
Giving a genre to my music is always hard and I hate it, but I have to do it or my chances of attracting attention are slim. But it's always the last part, I don't think about it at all during the creation and no one really should.

IMO as long as you're creating music yourself without listening to other artists for ideas then you're an artist. If you start structuring your tracks according to "rules" like intro-core-break-outro whatever, then you're starting to drift away from that definition.
I've just been listening to your music btw, how long have you been producing my man?
Old 19-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
Akiak
Sample Destroyer
Akiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to behold
Napoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkerzparadise View Post
I've just been listening to your music btw, how long have you been producing my man?
About a year and a half or so? I mean anything before that was not really all that serious. And considering my age it was really just dicking around on Garageband. Until I got Logic last year
Old 19-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #14
baldeeee
Granular Poster
baldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MCbaldeeee is a savage MC
Leeds

Quote:
the unfamiliar music we produce.
Kind of an ironic statement considering you sample a lot of other peoples' stuff...
Some of the (3 over 4) rhythmic elements remind me of Modeselektor

------------------
Old 19-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
Punkerzparadise
Granular Poster

Quote:
About a year and a half or so? I mean anything before that was not really all that serious. And considering my age it was really just dicking around on Garageband. Until I got Logic last year
And what's your age son?
Old 19-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #16
Punkerzparadise
Granular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeeee View Post
Kind of an ironic statement considering you sample a lot of other peoples' stuff...
Some of the (3 over 4) rhythmic elements remind me of Modeselektor
We are getting inspired, the world is your playground. But it's how you mix things up, is what most people we spoke found unusual.
Old 19-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #17
Akiak
Sample Destroyer
Napoli

Quote:
And what's your age son?
17, it's under my avatar

And @baldeeee, sampling doesn't indicate unoriginality. Daft Punk is the perfect example.
Old 19-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #18
baldeeee
Granular Poster
Leeds

Quote:

And @baldeeee, sampling doesn't indicate unoriginality
I completely agree!

------------------
Old 19-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #19
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59128526

my lawn

get off it
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #20
erik mitchell
Deep Underground
erik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MC
Denver
MC Status: 300691

Yep

Advertisements

------------------

Follow me: soundcloud - facebook
erik mitchell is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote